a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't have to continue to trash TA at closing arguements, especially because he didn't PrOVE or present ANY evidence in trial (isn't that a req. for closing statements? ) or is this just his canned standard storytelling that automatically comes out of his real job's clientele foul mouths. i share your disgust for all the sellouts and have nothing good to say to/about any of them.
I thought Nurmi tried to leave back since 2011 or earlier to start his own practice judge denied motion but state matched his potential lost earnings due to this, more money money money of course, no shame . I think people should feel compassion towards others if you can, but , doesn' mean to like them or believe them. JA camp islike "the emporer's new clothes" situation. s

I accepted his comment of "I don't like Jodi 9 days out of 10" and then she smiled and la la la...it was an orchestrated attempt from them since they know Jodi dug herself a deep hole by all her lying on the stand. But what REALLY got me was when he said something like "out of good conscience I wouldn't be able to stand before you and present a lie" or something along those lines. Argh...that was just too much.
Let's see what happens...but IF it is 1st degree murder or felony murder...then I think it would have almost been better for Jodi to just come on the stand and just be TRUTHFUL for once...just lay it all out there and just beg for the jury's mercy. I almost think that would have been a better chance and not getting her the death penalty. Maybe there would be that one or a few that actually would feel something that way. I don't know...let's see...maybe I could be totally wrong and their "strategy" will have worked...I pray not.

Are people really worried about Maureen? What is that about? I don't think we need to worry about her at all.

Is it because she gave naval intelligence to JA? If so...she gave it to ALV, too, and Deanna Reid and Mike Melendez. She had her chair turned fully in the direction of the witness, no matter who the witness was, so that Ponytail was looking at the back of her chair. I think that's just how she was comfortable sitting--more facing the witness than body facing forward and head turned toward the witness, if that makes sense. The Artist did this with his chair too.

I do wish, honestly, that Pony Tail was on the jury. She had no love for JA, IMO. But, Paul Rudd and Wrestler for sure feel the same...

Give me a bit and I'll go back through my notes and see what I can find about Maureen. I'm not worried about her. :seeya:

Oh so maybe it's b/c of Ponytail that JW and Jodi looked so happy after the aleternates were announced? I noticed they were happy talking to each other afterweard...so I guess they were happy ponytail got alternate.

Every time I read manslaughter I almost vomit....M2 makes me mad enough. The strongest item to me is the cell phone that was off in AZ. A female traveling alone who is so attached to texting and talking w/ no phone for many miles not to mention the time it was off. Leslie U. Even called Travis to see if he knew where JA was so it had to be odd for her not to have her cell! The says premed to me the loudest!

Yes, good point. Also, that directly contradicts her "second" made-up reason for the gas cans, which was she was afraid because "a woman, you know, driving in the desert alone, didn't know the highways" blah blah lie lie.

Would it be ok to have a separate fasting thread? I don't know if that would be cool with the mods or not as I'm new here.

I haven't fasted in a year or so and like many of you my eating hasn't been the healthiest throughout the trial. I thought it would be nice for us to touch base easily tomorrow and Monday.

Please let me know if anyone else is interested. Thank you.

If this jury agrees with his version of FACTS in this case and return a verdict of guilty first degree, he will then argue how the elements of "cruelty" according to the law line up with the crime and they will agree it fits and impose the death penalty. It's a formula really.

Unless of course they find something rewarding about this woman who has basically nothing redeeming (her sketches maybe?) to mitigate and decide to step out of the box and save her life.

Which, this death qualified jury, will not do.

imo of course.

KCL, I am just worried about her family in the mitigation. Is it true that Jodi's family will get to speak? B/c who knows what lies they will come up with. I'm sorry, I know it's not fair to put down the whole family, but I just have a feeling the lies will continue to pile up and pile up. No one wants anyone to take responsibility for anything these days.

Thank you Sweetie. Beth has a few things in the works...I just know she'll get discovered somewhere in a big way. Just hope she keeps covering trials. I did get the scoop that HLN will continue covering trials as they have over the last 4 mths now moving to Zimmerman so that's interesting.

My regular career is as a Myofascial Release therapist. I've practiced this form of body/mind healing for 23 plus years now. Ironically it's not a well known form of therapy, but Beth K knows ALL about it and in fact has received it from people I know very very well. What a small world! My website is www.theheartspace.com

I have someone coming in Mon from out of state for 2 weeks of intensive therapy w/ me and another colleague so...my verdict watching will be a bit impaired to afternoons. I'll work with her in the am's then come downtown to be nearby the courthouse, I guess just hangin out w/ my peeps. Starting Monday....as instructed by Juan Martinez. i was joking with someone about him telling me at least 3 times he expected me down here on Mon for the verdict "if he asked me to get down on all 4's and bark like a dog right then I would have done it". LMAO Let's just say, he has a very commanding presence. :floorlaugh:

Oh!! Does Juan know something we don't know?? "be there Monday FOR the Verdict!!" ??!!! :please: I sure hope so!

Yes, good point. Also, that directly contradicts her "second" made-up reason for the gas cans, which was she was afraid because "a woman, you know, driving in the desert alone, didn't know the highways" blah blah lie lie.

it's as stupid as the 'take a gun camping' lie...who in the world would buy a gun to take camping with them because they weren't sure about the men they were gna be camping with? NO ONE....they just wouldn't go....JA is one of those people who tell so many lies that it just seems like the 'truth' to them...the whole the battery died lie just doesn't fit with someone who uses their phone alot...you would definitely have a charger (on a trip I have a car charger & a regular charger with me)

I know it's been said by many but let me throw my hat in the ring and say a big thx to KCL, PASA & all the others who have kept us informed, made us feel like we were there & passed on our prayers and hugs to the siblings, family & friends of TA. I've been a member here since S.Peterson's trial but the outpouring of love & community in this case is just so uplifting. I really reminds me that there are wonderful people in the world. JUSTICE IS COMING!

Does anyone have a screen grab of JSS's boyfriend? Or ideas of where to see him on the trial videos? After all the comments, now I'm curious!

Oh, I was just talking about this video showing Jodi Arias getting the smackdown from the guard while holding up some papers and talking to the MIT SPEC (or paralegal, not sure which it is) then JA handing her a black and white notebook which she took away from the defense table and put inside something. Never noticed what happens to that notebook after court is over for the day eg. does JA give it to JW or carry it out with her own stuff?

The guy in the white shirt is supposedly the BF (or husband).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SWtISPw4rjE#t=88s

KCL, I am just worried about her family in the mitigation. Is it true that Jodi's family will get to speak? B/c who knows what lies they will come up with. I'm sorry, I know it's not fair to put down the whole family, but I just have a feeling the lies will continue to pile up and pile up. No one wants anyone to take responsibility for anything these days.

Jurors held firm in the Scott Peterson case and IIRC he had alot of family support, friends, coaches, etc.

Judge Alfred Delucchi upheld the jurors recommendation for the DP.

Random thought mainly. I'm kinda of a hippie/bohemian type so things about the sky, sun, stars, moon, feelings, quotes, my "quitting smoking" progress. :)

You go go go girlie!!! So proud of you for that!!

I'm a "former" smoker, effective 11/19/12. My last one was the Monday before Thanksgiving. (Never smoked a cigarette I didn't love, that's the truth..) Good for you, you have every right to be proud of that victory! Big hugs & pats on the back from me... :rockon::seeya::rockon:

I accepted his comment of "I don't like Jodi 9 days out of 10" and then she smiled and la la la...it was an orchestrated attempt from them since they know Jodi dug herself a deep hole by all her lying on the stand. But what REALLY got me was when he said something like "out of good conscience I wouldn't be able to stand before you and present a lie" or something along those lines. Argh...that was just too much.

respectfully - snipped for space.

I caught on a screen shot!!

Attachments

• Nurmni at times I dont like Jodi Arias.jpg
    Nurmni at times I dont like Jodi Arias.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 123
Oh so maybe it's b/c of Ponytail that JW and Jodi looked so happy after the aleternates were announced? I noticed they were happy talking to each other afterweard...so I guess they were happy ponytail got alternate.

was ponytail #17 - as someone mentioned they heard jodi say to wilmott - #17...

Sorry didn't catch a screen shot of JSS boyfriend/husband! Darn!!

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned before but I thought I'd post this as many of us seem to love elephants.

"Nature's great masterpiece, an elephant; the only harmless great thing." ~John Donne

i could not believe that nurmi objected while Juan was quoting from this poem. Unbelievble.

Yes, so rude. And throughout he objected so many times. It IS unbelievable. But then, it's Nurmi. I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

I just had to make a post, I feel so far away.

I wanted to fast tomorrow but today my body said "HI, I'm going to make you miserable and I won't go away for a while". So, all I can do is pray and dig up money to donate and read this board feeling helpless becuase I can't something, anything more. :sigh:

I am so happy to hear Juan has someone and a beautiful prosecutor to boot. He deserves all the love one can give. I get teary eyed when I think of all that he deserves. :) It's weird. He isn't a football player or a rock star, he isn't getting paid millions upon millions a year but Juan is a fighter, he mine as well walk in wearing camo and medals. All of the justice he has brought to families, it can not be outweighed.

RE: The Juanism's poster

I've been thinking... It's like I just assumed that everyone could easily make a donation. I never fully considered that some people may not be in a financial position to do it. I feel a bit silly now. So I'm going to amend my offer: If you HAVE made a donation in the past, if you ARE GOING TO make a donation in the future AND if you know in your heart that if you COULD make a donation then you definitely would do it, then by all means, send me a PM and I will gladly send the poster your way.
Thanks.

That is so sweet and kind, Jayarohh. I am sure everyone feels that way. Thank you!

I just had to make a post, I feel so far away.

I wanted to fast tomorrow but today my body said "HI, I'm going to make you miserable and I won't go away for a while". So, all I can do is pray and dig up money to donate and read this board feeling helpless becuase I can't something, anything more. :sigh:

I am so happy to hear Juan has someone and a beautiful prosecutor to boot. He deserves all the love one can give. I get teary eyed when I think of all that he deserves. :) It's weird. He isn't a football player or a rock star, he isn't getting paid millions upon millions a year but Juan is a fighter, he mine as well walk in wearing camo and medals. All of the justice he has brought to families, it can not be outweighed.

You can pray for the family. That's enough!! :blushing:

Juan is a hero. A TRUE hero. Heroes do what they do, not for the accolades, but because it is the RIGHT thing to do. They don't need to be told they did a good job, cause they KNOW they did what was right and what was true and they KNOW that.
God Bless Juan. and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member