a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. I was happy to hear that she is not allowed drawing and reading materials down in that dank basement (at least I hope it is dank). The more unhappy she is, the better I like it. It is so debasing.

Will give her a taste of what solitary confinement will be like :rockon:

JC described one of the jurors as looking like JA's mom who looked defiant walking back into the deliberation after the break. Who do you think she is talking about?

Someone mentioned this similarity here at Websleuths yesterday, but I can't seem to find it. (I.E., which juror looks like Jodi's mom.)

#16 Maureen?
#3 Housewife?
#1 Church Lady?

Hopefully someone will chime in soon with the answer

Someone mentioned this similarity here at Websleuths yesterday, but I can't seem to find it. (I.E., which juror looks like Jodi's mom.)

#16 Maureen?
#3 Housewife?
#1 Church Lady?

Hopefully someone will chime in soon with the answer

Edited because I was wrong and dont want to leave bad info in here. Sorry! :seeya:

Apparently there was someone who collapsed on the stairs in the front of the courthouse.

Dear friend, Travis would want you to go and have a full , happy trip. The verdict will be replayed ten thousand times, from soup to nuts. You will be able to see every second of it, when you are ready. Meanwhile, in Travis' honor, be happy and enjoy your trip. I think this is the best tribute to Travis who blogged he wanted everyone to live each and every moment to the fullest, smell the roses, to breathe in the fresh air and be glad of it. Take pictures, be happy!!!!! Hugs.

I think Chris Hughes said it best, do not let Jodi Arias have one more minute of your life, do not give her that power, be released from this completely or else the evil wins. Go on the trip, and let your light shine in memory of dear Travis. I say these things to you in the name of Jesus Christ.

well, i would say YOU said it best here. :seeya:

Deanna was on Dr. Drew and I have to say that woman is a class act!! I think that Deanna, Chris, Sky and the entire Alexander family have shown nothing but class, strength and stability and have proved, at least in my mind, that Travis was nothing short of AMAZING and full of LOVE!!!! I am glad they can convey the message without having to be over-the-top or in everyone's face. They have been patient, gentle and kind and I believe that is how the jury is handling the verdict. They will take their time to handle with care and get it right!!

I'd prefer it take a week (especially knowing JA must be going crazy in the basement) for them to come back with first degree then have people settle for less and coming back quickly!!

“Why is patience so important? Because it makes us pay attention.” ― Paulo Coelho

“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.”
― Fulton J. Sheen

Apparently there was someone who collapsed on the stairs in the front of the courthouse.

that the woman took a tumble down the steps out front and was being attended to by medics. The police put up yellow tape after that so the steps would be more apparent to all the people out there milling around.

Remember how the jurors had to listen to JA for 17 days? I'm guessing they are going to make her wait 17 days for a verdict.

The only one that even remotely resembles JA's mom would be #3 Housewife. I don't think she does... but she's the only one that I could even understand someone making the comparison.

ETA... If you're asking because JC said (not a great source IMO) that one of the juror's that resembled her mom looked upset or whatever...

If you read the descriptions of the jurors on page #1, you'll see how I described housewife. I was only there one day, but she looked grumpy the whole time. I thought maybe she just has a frowning "resting face" though. PASA and KCL had very different thoughts on her though and they saw her way more than I did.
Thank you so much. (BTW, I had read your juror descriptions, which I very much appreciate, on page #1 earlier.)

A couple of points:
1. Earlier today KCL offered her prediction that juror #3 would be the foreperson.
2. IMO her defiance (if we can believe Jean C.) could mean any number of things including frustration that there is a holdout juror.

Just for everyone's edification, here's what other court observers have said about her.

Juror #3

"She is a white female in her 40s. She takes a lot of notes and often watches prosecutor Juan Martinez as he moves around the courtroom. She has been seen submitting questions."

"Only time I saw her was when she leaned forward and was writing during the "Why Jodi moved to AZ" testimony."

"I like her. I’m sure everyone started out sweet. Her mind is made up, she’s sick of the glacial pace of this trial and she is ready to vote guilty. Trust me. I know the mindset of Angry Neighbor Lady. Don’t ask me how. She is probably writing some of the snarky juror questions."

ETA:
Oops! KCL posted a few minutes after I did that it's juror #16 - Maureen. The juror who has been accused of turning her whole body toward JA -- or what Janine Driver would call "navel intelligence."

I'm so beat I'm gonna be in bed by 8:30 at the latest. I have someone in from out of State doing intensive therapy with me, running up to the courthouse after and all the streets in my community are literally torn up causing us to have to park outside the community on the street and hoof it back and forth.

It's Juror 16, Maureen who they are saying is JA's Mom lookalike. The "blond lady" is Housewife.

I talked to Katie Wick who on her way out ran in to the entire jury being led out thru a different way (which she's also using) and saw them looking relaxed, chatting, smiling. She never saw this behavior Jean C reported. I put my faith in the completely non agenda'd Katie over Jean Casarez.

That's about all I got from today...tomorrow will be wash rinse repeat.

I was talking to a GMA producer at the end of the day who said she's placing some kind of odds on tomorrow at 3pm and at the same time my work associate who knows very little about the trial (but knows the strain on me this week as we are treating this out of towner together) and in her text she said "I'm going to pray for a verdict tomorrow at 3pm". Really just randomly as she was doing so hoping I'd be able to get down for it easily. So...there's your sign...;)

See ya all manana.

:seeya:

The only one that even remotely resembles JA's mom would be #3 Housewife. I don't think she does... but she's the only one that I could even understand someone making the comparison.

ETA... If you're asking because JC said (not a great source IMO) that one of the juror's that resembled her mom looked upset or whatever...

If you read the descriptions of the jurors on page #1, you'll see how I described housewife. I was only there one day, but she looked grumpy the whole time. I thought maybe she just has a frowning "resting face" though. PASA and KCL had very different thoughts on her though and they saw her way more than I did.

Jean said before that the woman who looks like Jodi's mom sits on the BACK ROW. That makes her Maureen.

MOO.

Lastly, Is it possible to get life without parole in AZ if she was convicted of Murder2?

Respectfully snipped by me.

As to your question on murder 2...it carries a sentence of only 10 to 22 years.

She could be out in 14 or 15 years with time served, even if she gets the maximum. BK said they have to serve 85% of their sentence.

That would not be a just sentence for the heinous crime she committed, IMO.

I'm so beat I'm gonna be in bed by 8:30 at the latest. I have someone in from out of State doing intensive therapy with me, running up to the courthouse after and all the streets in my community are literally torn up causing us to have to park outside the community on the street and hoof it back and forth.

It's Juror 16, Maureen who they are saying is JA's Mom lookalike. The "blond lady" is Housewife.

I talked to Katie Wick who on her way out ran in to the entire jury being led out thru a different way (which she's also using) and saw them looking relaxed, chatting, smiling. She never saw this behavior Jean C reported. I put my faith in the completely non agenda'd Katie over Jean Casarez.

That's about all I got from today...tomorrow will be wash rinse repeat.

I was talking to a GMA producer at the end of the day who said she's placing some kind of odds on tomorrow at 3pm and at the same time my work associate who knows very little about the trial (but knows the strain on me this week as we are treating this out of towner together) and in her text she said "I'm going to pray for a verdict tomorrow at 3pm". Really just randomly as she was doing so hoping I'd be able to get down for it easily. So...there's your sign...;)

See ya all manana.

BBM

That time works out for me as well. You said wash, rinse, repeat.... well, you forgot "spin" Hopefully Jodi gets "spun around" once again, then she can "bend herself over" and wait for doomsday. G'nite dear, sleep well.

Jean said before that the woman who looks like Jodi's mom sits on the BACK ROW. That makes her Maureen.

MOO.

Oh ok, interesting. Sorry everyone! Like I said, I don't listen to JC anymore, so I didn't hear exactly what she said.

I don't think Maureen resembles her mom at all. Eh, whatever. I believe Katie, Beth, KCL, and PASA for observations. :)

Thanks for clearing that up KCL!

Someone help me out here...I DO NOT listen to Jean C. Ever. She, IMO, is...how do I say this? Full of it.

What is she saying about Maureen and Housewife? What's the drama (or Jean's imagined drama)?

TIA!

Oh ok, interesting. Sorry everyone! Like I said, I don't listen to JC anymore, so I didn't hear exactly what she said.

I don't think Maureen resembles her mom at all. Eh, whatever. I believe Katie, Beth, KCL, and PASA for observations. :)

Thanks for clearing that up KCL!

She doesn't KB! Not at all. She has dark hair, but that is where the resemblance ends.

People, I'm telling you. Jinx knows nothing. Beth knows all.

Perfectly stated Sleuth13!! Thank You!

Deanna was on Dr. Drew and I have to say that woman is a class act!! I think that Deanna, Chris, Sky and the entire Alexander family have shown nothing but class, strength and stability and have proved, at least in my mind, that Travis was nothing short of AMAZING and full of LOVE!!!! I am glad they can convey the message without having to be over-the-top or in everyone's face. They have been patient, gentle and kind and I believe that is how the jury is handling the verdict. They will take their time to handle with care and get it right!!

I'd prefer it take a week (especially knowing JA must be going crazy in the basement) for them to come back with first degree then have people settle for less and coming back quickly!!

“Why is patience so important? Because it makes us pay attention.” ― Paulo Coelho

“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.”
― Fulton J. Sheen

I just hope the family is doing okay and staying strong. I wish I could hug them all.
Yes...hope so as well. My feelings today (at the end of full 2 days)...not looking good considering the facts of "this" case. Honestly, it is complete lunacy. Yes, I know...the jury doesn't know all we know, but even with what they do know...what/who is holding things up?? I would prefer a hung jury to some stupid compromise verdict, spare society at large on that one. Mark my words, Jodi Arias is dangerous, if not today, tomorrow.

She doesn't KB! Not at all. She has dark hair, but that is where the resemblance ends.

People, I'm telling you. Jinx knows nothing. Beth knows all.

I was only there the one day, so exact looks are fuzzy in my mind.... But I never would have said she resembles her mom. Crazy!

I stopped listening to JC a long time ago! She drives me crazy! I don't understand why they seem to have her on more than Beth! Grrrr... HLN has nose dived. I rarely even turn it on anymore and only take it off mute for a couple people. JC is definitely not one of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli