A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to read up tomorrow on lunch break. No way will I be able to stay awake and alert enough to read, comprehend and pose questions. So I will pose my questions for courtroom observers now in hopes of finding answers tomorrow :) :

What did you note of JA demeanor today and how does it differ, if it did In your opnion from the direct examination by Nurmi?

What did you note from the jury and their body language, behaviors and did it differ from when JA was being questioned by her own attorney?

Do you think the jury was connecting the dots with what JM was trying to illustrate with his cross thus far?

Did you get teh impression that JA was stalling with her constant requests for JM to Define this and define that?

Do you think the jury noted the difference in the long drawn out answers when defense was questioning JA and when JM was making her keep her answers more brief and yes or no?

What did you note about reactions in the courtroom to the introduction and testimony regarding the magazines and the notes in the margins within? Were people visibly shocked, was their any visible change that you noted in JA, her DT, the jury or the people watching the trial? IF so please describe.

Do you think JM was effective in what he was trying to accomplish today? If so describe why you think so.

Thank you to our inside observers in the courtroom, for sharing your perspective on today's cross examination and your overall impressions of what is happening inside the courtroom.

Great questions, I have answers to them all in my notes! Wanted to mark this so I don't forget to come back to it.

Katie.. do you know who all the people are, who were sitting behind the mitigation lady today?

Those seats are reserved for friends of the defense team. Some were fellow attys, there were also law students and interns for judges in other courtrooms. (I asked one of those people;) )

YESSS

We heard one of them jumped up & quickly left the courtroom when the mags came up..

Do you remember/notice that??

No one left quickly except journalists. Donovan was in court in the morning, but didn't come back in the afternoon. I was sitting directly behind her.

How did the courtroom react when it was shown that she tried to tamper with a witness who was in contradiction to what she told her attorneys? Did you hear from anyone what the witness was in contradiction with? she told the person they "f'd up"

The hearing that she was trying to influence testimony for was, I believe, the hearing regarding allowing the "pedophile letters" into evidence.

Anita was amazing on Dr Drew. She threw in a tiny tidbit about Jodi stroking her throat area after she left the stand, and asked the body language expert what that meant. She answered that Jodi might have felt vulnerable and threatened and was unconsciously responding to that vulnerable feeling. [ paraphrased]

Thanks...I've heard the interview, not seen it yet. As God is my witness, I will NEVER poke fun of an interviewee on TV again!!! It is NERVE WRACKING! Dr. Drew's juror Katie and our Katie make it look so easy; they are naturals.

We discussed this at length and fantasized about wouldn't it be cool to ask Janine Driver. Then it turned out she was a guest on the show. Bill then told us she wouldn't be on during the Drew's Jury segment. But as it turned out she WAS still on and Anita DID get a chance to get her question in and Janine DID answer it. It was like a miracle! Seriously! Here she drives up from tucson not knowing if she'd even get in..she gets in all day, gets on Dr. Drew show and gets her question answered by the very person she was wishing. Girl needs to go buy a lottery ticket!

I honestly couldn't have imagined a better day; sadly we were there for such a tragic occurrence. Did I mention I got to meet Beth Karas?! :D Stupidly I didn't ask for a picture though!

I honestly couldn't have imagined a better day; sadly we were there for such a tragic occurrence. Did I mention I got to meet Beth Karas?! :D Stupidly I didn't ask for a picture though!

We completely flopped on the picture taking today. I did get several of you with katie doing your makeup...complete with her hand totally covering your face! doh!

We completely flopped on the picture taking today. I did get several of you with katie doing your makeup...complete with her hand totally covering your face! doh!

Poor Katie, I was asking an awful lot of her!!! What a sweetie! Dang it, we didn't get a picture together, either! DUH! I will definitely have to come back up.

Thank you for the notes again!

Reassuring they seem to be totally over JA.

I was fist pumping with the whole tampering with a witness/magazine thing I dont think I would have sat at peace if I was there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not that katie...she's "the other katie". I know it's so confusing. I was on Dr. Drew one night last week. But she's on every night. And Anita Richman was on tonite! But thank you! lol

I'm so sorry! You still rock!!

Thanks...I've heard the interview, not seen it yet. As God is my witness, I will NEVER poke fun of an interviewee on TV again!!! It is NERVE WRACKING! Dr. Drew's juror Katie and our Katie make it look so easy; they are naturals.

I loved that you brought out the part about Jodie stroking her throat and also about the one female juror who was shaking her head "no". Awesome observations! So I would say you were excellent as Dr. Drew's juror - you gave us info that we didn't have before!

Katie and Anita, thank you both SO much for sharing what you can with us. Your observations are riveting to me.

Warm hugs to you both!
:heartluv:

Katie and Anita,

I am loving your inside looks at what's going on in the courtroom! Your personal opinions make me feel like I was sitting there with you all (and I do wish I was)!

Thank you for taking the time to do this for us!

Ok so THAT is Ann Campbell...interesting! They were in court today.

Okay don't mean to be rude. But this Donavan person is a woman right? Wasn't she in jail with Arias? Weren't both in jail with Arias at one point or another? Campbell of course looks female but with Donavan....you just cannot tell.

So after court we walked out (Me, Anita, Katie) to go get a drink somewhere..some alcoholic ;) and some not. You can guess who had the cocktail. lol

We talked to the family on our way out. Then this defense attorney approached Katie as he's been watching her (she's getting her own fan club now..she gets approached all the time) and we ended up inviting him. He used to work with Nurmi and Willmott so we were picking the heck out of his brain. As we all agreed "everything that's said on this couch stays on this couch" can't repeat what he said but it was all interesting. I was surprised I found this defense attorney interesting and fun to talk to. he does a lot of DUI cases..so Anita and I got his card. LOL

Somehow the conversation turned to Tootsie Pops and pop rocks and well..there were a lot of laughs. It was a fun funny happy hour outside on a rooftop terrace.

Anita and Katie did a make up touch up then we headed over to the trucks for the Dr. Drew show. I got to hang out with all of them tightly packed in one of the trucks where we watched the show until their segment. Beth K showed up and popped in and gave us a fascinating tutorial on her take on today's testimony and Juan's strategy. She's hosting In Session tomorrow so will go over it all there too...I suggest watching it! She's so damn smart and was so generous to share all of that with us. Anita told her some posters were trying to start up a network and hire her..she was interested! At every chance I tell her how popular and loved and respected she is. It really does seem to make her feel good. (because it's TRUE). I just admire her so much. She waved to us all and then the girls went in.

Oh but not before Aaron came in and joined us...Travis' old roommate who also drove JA to the memorial etc. He's a nice guy and shared a lot too. He is feeling very confident in the trial (as do I). We all hung out on the sidewalk after and talked, freezing, for quite a while.

Anita and i then found a restaurant eerily called "The Arrogant Butcher" which she pointed out after dinner and gave me serious chills!!!

We had a great talk which all went too quickly and she headed back. She has great notes and will post them in the morning. She was on the other side of the courtroom than me so had a better view of the jury and of course her own perspectives.

I think that's it...I'm beat and wanna watch me some Nancy Grace before bed. ;)

Nite all...............:seeya:

Thanks Katie. We all took in the court session and absorbed everything JM was doing. Nothing was lost on us. He is jumping around but he has a purpose and will bring it all together. If anyone had feelings for Jodi (is that even possible?) it all evaporated today. She looked the part of a cold blooded killer who enjoyed slaughtering a man. Creepy. I am sure the jury caught on...all of them. The TV attorneys, even Mark Eiglarsh, are saying Juan is too much a pit bull. They aren't perspective jurors like we are, nor are they on this jury. They are just wrong on this one!

Hi guys! OMG!!!! I met BETH KARAS!!!! What an amazing day! I'm exhausted, but can't sleep. I want to answer a couple quick short questions before I hit the sack; I'll put my notes and answer the amazing questions from the first page in the morning on my laptop. :seeya:

Anita thanks so much:seeya:! From Katie's notes it sounds like you had an awesome day. Cannot wait to hear all about it.

Thank you both for being in the courtroom and sharing your observations. Will you both be there next week and will the other Katie being joining us here? I just can't wait for Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan