Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #175

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had noticed that - but am not local - how difficult is the terrain from Crime Scene to his residence? Could he go in via a back door and not be seen if walked via the forest?
I suppose it's possible. It always been interesting to me how close that Marathon Gas stop that KAK googled directions to the day of the murders is so close to RA's house. I really dislike coincidences. 20240212_001301.jpg

This one shows it better.
View attachment 482705

I've driven that area, and walked within Delphi by the creek, and the trails which are within Deer Creek Twp. There is no way to walk from the crime scene, through woods, to Delphi proper. It's rough terrain, and no trails exist which would have provided someone concealment. Two ways someone could have walked to Delphi, walk the main trail to the west side of the Freedom Bridge, then into Delphi, or C.R. 625 to C.R. 200.

JMO

I've driven that area, and walked within Delphi by the creek, and the trails which are within Deer Creek Twp. There is no way to walk from the crime scene, through woods, to Delphi proper. It's rough terrain, and no trails exist which would have provided someone concealment. Two ways someone could have walked to Delphi, walk the main trail to the west side of the Freedom Bridge, then into Delphi, or C.R. 625 to C.R. 200.

JMO
How rough could it be to walk through? It doesn't look like there's any big hills and there's even open fields on the one side of Deer Creek, out of the woods, clear to RA's street.

Before this theory grows legs, there has been no MSM or even a still-standing post in the thread that suggests LE planted a bullet.

I recall a poster hinted at that, but it’s been deleted, so I hereby retract it as on the list of potential conspiracy theories that have been noted.

Hope that helps.
I’ve never seen anyone say LE planted the bullet. Only that the chain of custody is unknown and that area could have been an area where people went shooting, hence why COC is important. JMO.

If anyone knows, I'm merely curious - by the time they went back to get the sticks etc, had they already released the property back to RL? If so, did they need a warrant to be back on his property (or perhaps had to get consent from him to be there / collect the items)? It will be interesting to know WHY they didn't collect these, and WHICH ones they left there! If they left critical evidence behind (it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of this happening in in a case), then how are they CERTAIN they collected *all* the evidence and the CORRECT sticks at that? Are there photos detailing where they were upon LE arrival? Video? Photos and video to show how they left the scene if they released the property back to RL? This is nuts.
My understanding is there were two warrants-one filed by ISP and one by a Robertson, March 16 2017 and March 17 2017. No idea how long it takes to release anything back? Or does it depend on the situation? JMO.

IMO, this was mostly done by someone popping in a tape they thought was empty, it wasn't and something got taped over it. The original recording was never missed...until it was looked for and all heck broke loose, depending on what was originally on that tape. IDK if most here are old enough to have lived with VHS but I've done and seen others do this tape over. It was pretty common. Not an excuse, just a human explanation. I'm thinking too the interview was not considered very important because the alibi checked out. JMO
Would a police department be using VHS in 2017? Maybe different investigators use different technology? Like using a recorder then uploading interviews to something like Dropbox?

Last edited:
I checked a few weeks ago and didn't find him on the state's list. Which one is alleged to be DP certified? TIA
Brad Rossi is DP certified.

Source:

The wording is no DNA links him to the crime scene not the crime.

That doesn’t mean that DNA of the girls wasn’t found in his home, his car, etc.

Some crafty wordsmithing there by the Defence.

MOO
Crime is synonymous with the crime scene; the CS is where the crime occurred. Without a link to the crime scene, there is no apparent link to the crime. If the girls’ DNA was found at his home, it would link him to the crime/CS, because they are murder victims and their DNA shouldn’t be in his home (in this case, as they are not related and he is presumed to have never met them).

JMO.

Pondering...

As part of helping Niner with a few of her cases, I've followed well over a hundred cases here through the court system and I can't remember even one of them having an appellant atty take an interest like they have in this case. Now comes Habeas, which I had never even heard of until this week.

My question to those who have way more court experience than I: Have you ever seen a case where appellant attys have stepped in during the trial?

IIRC it is extremely unusual for attorneys to face contempt in the first place.

I suppose it's possible. It always been interesting to me how close that Marathon Gas stop that KAK googled directions to the day of the murders is so close to RA's house. I really dislike coincidences. View attachment 482708
Agreed.

Virtual drop box -- online.

Physical drop box -- Marathon Gas Station

Central neutral locations, both, easy double blind to maintain anonymity...

The timing is all too tight for me.

Did KAK drop off a pre-loaded phone at the gas station and did RA pick it up?

Moreover, if a phone did change hands, then it's not impossible for KAK to have delivered a phone to Libby too. And for those phones to be synced to location, with Libby being altogether unaware she was carrying a real-time tracker.

JMO

I'm not sure when they turned RL's property back to him; I'm guessing it was a few days later. I remember him saying they had his property all lit up.

B Mac said they thought they were just sticks originally. They didn't take the tree bark, either.

There almost has to be a whole series of photos taken at the scene that day before anything was disturbed.
I assume the photos were taken by one photographer with one camera.
What triggered LE to come back for the sticks several weeks later is the question.
B McD said in this same interview from CourtTV with Vinnie Politan that yes, they did take photos of the sticks and the tree bark. Whether it was one photographer, we don't know. I am sure there would be a large group of CSI experts documenting that horrible scene.

MOO

Last edited:
I’ve never seen anyone say LE planted the bullet. Only that the chain of custody is unknown and that area could have been an area where people went shooting, hence why COC is important. JMO.
The chain of custody is unknown to the public for all evidence in the US trials until the trial begins. That’s when the prosecution presents their case to the jury. If you watch the trial when it takes place, you’ll see LE and prosecution bring evidence into court along with chain of custody documentation. You’ll get to watch them unseal the wrapping, bags, etc.

But that only takes place during trial, in the courtroom. It’s entered into evidence and digitally filed for the public to view.

Was anyone else there at 3:30 who MIGHT have seen (anyone) else leave? Via the route the girls entered the trails I mean - was anyone parked there at that time? Anyone parked there when DG arrived? Anyone aside FSG wandering about who should have reasonably seen RA leave if he went back the way the trail started where he saw the lady and the three girl witnesses?
Oddly, nobody saw Abby, Libby or BG=RA after 2:13, that is when LE believed RA committed the murders, until SC passed by BG=RA at 3:47 pm "bloody and mudding looking like he'd been in a fight" walking on N300 heading in the direction of where his car would have been strangely baked in at the rear of the old CPS building.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member