Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #178

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must criticize the insinuation that RA can't be BG because "nobody" sent in a tip for him of 12K recieved in a highly publicized murder case.

We all know murderers never ever go unknown until the 11th hour, and again as we all know, people never say "Wow the woman in that CCTV footage the police posted looks an awful lot like my neighbor, but that can't be her!" How many people have come forward to say "Wow I never would've suspected him" or "Yeah he was a bit odd but I thought he was harmless" when they find out someone close to them is a serial killer?

MOO.

Memo
Post Hearing Memo defense.pdf

Appendix
Appendix post hearing brief.pdf.pdf

FWIW -
Todays memorandum provides some detail on the Contempt hearing (that there's no transcript or recording available of ... yet). Leak facts that have not previously available. Such as: Forston's messages discuss Messer.

It appears the Appendix linked provided above - with the Memo link - are 70 messages from Forston. Some very curious bits of stuff there.

Below, a Hennessy sound bite flourish from today's memorandum.
Also Rozzi testimony. Expert's testimony on practice.
Denied testimony from LE.

(much more in the memorandum text)

It is understandable that Mr. McLeland and Judge Gull may have taken umbrage at the
press release due to prior unrecorded conversations in chambers. “However, the contempt power
‘does not lie to sooth the wounded sensibilities of a Judge...’ Grimm v. State, 162 N.E2d 454
(Ind. 1959), Acccord Mockabee v. State 80 N.E.3d 917, 921 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017)

Mr. Rozzi testified about an in-chambers meeting with Judge Gull, Brad Rozzi, Andrew
Baldwin, Nick McLeland and perhaps one other prosecutor involved in the case early on. Mr.
Rozzi testified that during that meeting, Judge Gull clarified that the parties could share
information and brainstorm with anyone; that the intention of the gag order was only to prevent
the parties from holding press conferences, sending out future press releases and conducting
interviews with media.

Additionally, Sgt. Holeman and Mr. Mullins testified that they were aware that Mr.
McLeland was exchanging information with Gary Beaudette, the most prodigious leaker of all.
The Court would not allow evidence of the substance of those communications.

Each of those lawyers testified it was standard practice for criminal defense attorneys and
their regular practice to establish a separate area in their offices to spread out the discovery and
anticipated evidence for trial preparation. They had never thought to secure the area because they
never expected a betrayal like Mr. Baldwin suffered. No one expects to be betrayed
Eight additional experienced criminal defense attorneys echoed the testifying lawyers
with affidavits that were not admitted.

Memo

Appendix

FWIW -
Todays memorandum provides some detail on the Contempt hearing (that there's no transcript or recording available of ... yet). Leak facts that have not previously available. Such as: Forston's messages discuss Messer.

It appears the Appendix linked provided above - with the Memo link - are 70 messages from Forston. Some very curious bits of stuff there.

Some very curious bits of stuff there? I see a lot of conjecture, some slander and then some outright leaks of protected information...yes more leaks but from the defense lawyer of the defense lawyers this time. My goodness when will it stop?

Ummmm .. can someone please help me understand what the heck I am reading?

I was so hyper focused on looking at the early days of the crime that these new fillings went straight over my head!

How are we seeing what appears to be texts or notes from someone that is close to the case?

Help?!

Memo

Appendix

FWIW -

I'll say one for RF, he sure got around on the net. I've never heard of some of the people he mentioned.
There are sure a lot of interesting tidbits in there.

This one is my 3rd favorite; I laughed, too.
18. “I like the delusion about how much a picture of KK is worth! Ha. Ha.”

Ummmm .. can someone please help me understand what the heck I am reading?

I was so hyper focused on looking at the early days of the crime that these new fillings went straight over my head!

How are we seeing what appears to be texts or notes from someone that is close to the case?

Help?!
We're seeing texts that we only know one side was the man who died tragically. The other side is stated as being unknown. I believe it's MW texting with the man he leaked info to, discussing it...but you're only seeing one side I think? That parts not clear. JMO

The Defense has been strategic with this Contempt matter. They're loaded for argument; they take arrows from the State, catch 'em, throw 'em back, and maybe even capitalize.

It's chess, not checkers. It's fair. If it wasn't fair, Gull would intervene and toss/seal filings.

The State may regret re-litigating the Contempt gambit ... opening the door for this side show.
Still, the State has everything it needs; facts/evidence/experts ... plow ahead with pre-trial activity.
Do THAT. And not the sideshow stuff.

JMHO

Last edited:
And it has just reached a level even I, who's so jaded about this defense, could never have imagined. It's despicable. AJMO
They are SO bad that I just had a twinge of sympathy for RA. It quickly passed, though because I can't stand that abusive jerk. I'm not sure I've ever seen a defense that is such a mess (other than a pro se defendant.)

Schoenhorn in the Troconis trial was bad pretrial too, similarly with repetitive filings and doing his woe is me in those numerous motions to dismiss etc... With Schoenhorn though, I could tell he is not an unintelligent person. If I'm being complete fair, the repetitive woe is normal pretrial. However these guys just seem flat out incompetent, seriously, wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879