Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RA has confessed 60+ times and was dressed like the killer and is out on the bridge moments before the girls were about to cross.

His gun ejected a shell casing between the victims' bodies. Also has no alibi for the time of the murders.

Last edited:
Fgtrfgt
This is Indiana we're talking about and we have just celebrated our fiftieth (50th) exoneration. So when someone says "they have to do this" or "have to do that," I'm kind of skeptical.

Discovery is still coming in, to the point where the D asked for and was granted the discovery response period to be shortened. So I'm kicking around the possibility that something did come in last Friday that made the judge stop the hearing.

Having just learned of the $20,000 ISP spent for genetic genealogy takes me in all different directions. Mostly, I'd really like to see when they did it.

The Judge wouldn’t have bothered ruling on the confessions if anything that meant anything came up at that hearing.
If anything of importance had happened the defense would have made sure we all knew about it. Why would they be coy now?
ISP paying for genetic genealogy just confirms that LE had DNA. Nothing more than any of us know.
Nothing positive has happened on the defense’s side in any of this.
The defense’s case is being dismantled piece by piece.

I'm trying real hard to wrap my head around the idea that there is definitive evidence of other players who were on the scene at the murder of these two girls and the FBI, ISP, local police, prosecution, defense, judge, and/or any other legal entity, LE agency or persons related thereto haven't brought charges against them.

Fgtrfgt

The Judge wouldn’t have bothered ruling on the confessions if anything that meant anything came up at that hearing.
If anything of importance had happened the defense would have made sure we all knew about it. Why would they be coy now?
ISP paying for genetic genealogy just confirms that LE had DNA. Nothing more than any of us know.
Nothing positive has happened on the defense’s side in any of this.
The defense’s case is being dismantled piece by piece.
I hope you're right.

Fgtrfgt = what do it mean?

This is Indiana we're talking about and we have just celebrated our fiftieth (50th) exoneration. So when someone says "they have to do this" or "have to do that," I'm kind of skeptical.

Discovery is still coming in, to the point where the D asked for and was granted the discovery response period to be shortened. So I'm kicking around the possibility that something did come in last Friday that made the judge stop the hearing.

Having just learned of the $20,000 ISP spent for genetic genealogy takes me in all different directions. Mostly, I'd really like to see when they did it.

if there was undeniable evidence someone else was at the crime scene at the relevant time i don’t see how the trial goes ahead if the person can’t be connected to RA.

the defence would apply to get the case dismissed.

i am assuming you are talking something incontrovertible here.

I am not sure whether it was RA or not, either way at all. For all I know, it could still be anyone. Anyone at all, this is what is so scary. The killer could be still roaming Indiana.

To me, the case goes down in history as the example of how not to work the disappearance cases. Starting with the way the police handled the lack of any contact with the girls (Tobe Leasenby, what the heck?) that night and ending with unbridled self-promoting, all these podcasts that, as we can see now, hold zero value.

“61 confession” is not a proof. Zero results from DNA that ISP had, is indicative of something at least, to me. I suspect that it doesn’t match RA.

Comparing the Delphi case with the one in Idaho - I am not 100% sure that the Idaho murderer was BK given that the party house is an accessible place, but with good trial, I am ready to accept it. After all, in Idaho case, we are able to follow up on the investigation, the accused one got a good public defender and mainly, the Idaho law enforcement behaves professionally.

In Delphi? I doubt we shall ever know. We have heard so many odd public utterances and empty hints. Ultimately, the two sketches of the suspect, side by side, and the photo of the poor cops in the river remain “the face” of this case.

if there was undeniable evidence someone else was at the crime scene at the relevant time i don’t see how the trial goes ahead if the person can’t be connected to RA.

the defence would apply to get the case dismissed.

i am assuming you are talking something incontrovertible here.
Don't assume, because I'm in the weeds in this $20,000 ISP spent for genetic genealogy. I don't know if they did that in addition to the usual DNA testing. I'm surprised at the amount of money they spent; how many tests would that cover? Did they get any hits on it? Apparently not?
Is it safe to assume they have DNA that didn't match anyone? If they do have DNA and it does not match RA, then where does that take us?

Why wouldn’t there be a transcript of the closed hearing? Is it possible the public hearing portion was cancelled because a court reporter wasn’t available?

BBM
“About 35 minutes into the closed status hearing, a deputy came out and said there would be no public hearing.

When asked what happened and why there was a change in what we had been told, investigators shrugged and did not give an answer.

There is no transcript of Friday's proceedings, and everyone involved is under a gag order.

The families of Abby Williams and Libby German did meet privately with prosecutors and investigators in a room.

Allen’s family started to cry, confused and upset, and defense attorneys met with them.”

Quoting my own post.

Best I can find for the purpose of a closed hearing that’s ’off the record’ (ie no transcript) is to share confidential information for which there will be public record of ever having occurred.

Exonerating RA definitely would NOT fall under that category.

Other ideas, aside from an unavailable court reporter?

I don’t think anyone has even speculated that the closed door meeting or cancelled hearing had anything at all to do with an immediate exoneration for RA. MOO

I don’t think anyone has even speculated that the closed door meeting or cancelled hearing had anything at all to do with an immediate exoneration for RA. MOO
Lol... immediate would be way too quick for this case. I wonder why she just didn't come out and explain why the hearing was cancelled = "Sorry folks, our reporter couldn't be here..."
I just can't think of any reason why she cancelled like she did.

Lol... immediate would be way too quick for this case. I wonder why she just didn't come out and explain why the hearing was cancelled = "Sorry folks, our reporter couldn't be here..."
I just can't think of any reason why she cancelled like she did.
Nor I, that’s why I “speculated.” :) Likely we’ll know soon enough!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back