Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s obvious the defense has also sought additional legal support so I don’t know, is the reason for that really due to inexperience?
IMO MOO

It was because of having to go to SCOIN (imo) and needing assistance to go through the HUGE amount of unlabeled Discovery delivered to them months and months after the deadline, IMO. NOT to advise them IMO. They are experienced, successful attorneys IMO. They don't need advice. IMO MOO

MY OPINION ONLY.

So I'm reading this as her having 90 days, not 30 days because the matter was taken under advisement? I can't see anything pertaining to that time limit being shortened if there were fewer than 90 days until trial.

Surely she wouldn't take it up to October 13th.

Would she?

IMO MOO

Quick question: is there a related figure who was in Putnamville that I'm forgetting? Racking my brains.

I just checked, and Putnamville does have it's own health services onsite with services such as:
General Primary Care
Family Medicine
General Internal Medicine
Geriatrics
General Dentistry
General Mental Health Care
General Substance Use Disorder Treatment
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Program
Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)

And where Dr. Fidler practices is a family health office as opposed to a an urgent care, so it's not like they would transport a prisoner to her for say, x-rays or some testing not available at Putnamville's medical facility.

Yep, there sure was but since he is/was not a POI.. we can't discuss. :(

Even after that 134 or so page Frank’s Motion that was written down to appeal to the average 12 year old, not only the content but the juniorish written style? I might also be so disgusted I’d plead guilty 61 times, guilty or not. That’s not my definition of “go hard” at all, may as well be flailing in the wind. JMO
The Franks memo had a ton of alarming information. I’m over 50 (not 12) and it very much appealed to me because I want the WHOLE truth.

JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

The constant snark, back and forth bickering, and hyper focusing on minutiae has become very tedious for other members, guests, and WS staff and management. Stating the same things over and over in a slightly different fashion doesn't make your opinion any more or less valid and borders on troll like behavior. If you are doing this ... STOP.

State your opinion with respect and move on, confident that you are correct without having to hammer your own point of view into someone else' head.

And please stop trying to moderate the discussion by telling other members how to post or how to think.

Thank you.

It’s obvious the defense has also sought additional legal support so I don’t know, is the reason for that really due to inexperience?

NM’s role is to seek justice for Libby and Abby, the victims. They and their families are equally entitled to the conviction of the person responsible as RA is to his defense, as he is accused of the crimes. Whether he’s innocent or guilty won’t be known until the outcome of the trial. But with each passing day it’s not looking good for him IMO.
Even with the trial, guilt or innocence might never actually be known imo. Many times the wrong person is convicted for crime(s) they did not commit. RA wouldn't be the first, IF it happens to him.

So are we just waiting on Judge Gull to say if the Odins defense will be allowed in?

Is that not taking awhile to happen or it is this a normal wait time?.
I think that because the DT filed additional arguments after the Post Trial hearings, and then the Prosecution had to respond, and that only happened less than a week ago, it has pushed the timeline of the rulings. But seeing that JG is issuing rulings pretty regularly over the past few weeks, I would be expecting the response any day now.

When is Judge Gull going to rule on the SODDI defense? 30 days is Sunday by my calculations, so IMO. Is she going to stretch it to 32 days (Tuesday, after Labor Day) and risk and appeal or a "lazy judge" filing? JMO MOO And, if we're allowed to accuse the defense team of "playing games" can we say the same about the judge? JMO MOO What exactly is the hold up here?

IMO MOO
Maybe she someone filed a new motion and it gave her an excuse to delay her ruling (as with the last "lazy judge" motion??? IANAL so moo.

That the Defense has been given more than half of a million dollars.
They have consistently alleged that they have not been given enough money.
Perhaps for what they require, it hasn't been enough? What do you imagine a robust defense should cost for someone accused of a horrific double child murder? I would actually say this is a low cost imo. I expected several million!!

IMO the court is not on trial in this case. Scepticism is a great quality, and it is good to look at the process critically, but I don't believe we have seen any data on any trusted source that the Judge in this case is continuously breaking the rules (She did break the rules with the manner in which she's thrown the attys out of the case, and it has been corrected, same with releasing the documents to the public. I am glad that the MS Greenlee was on the case holding the Judge accountable and also that the DT managed to settle the matter with SCOIN.) I am not sure what is the WS policy, but I believe the focus is the MSM on the case and the defendant, not tearing down the US legal system by mistrusting every step of the process. IMO

It's Labour Day soon, 7 years since Abby and Libby were murdered, and their families still don't have closure. That's the reason I keep coming back to this thread.

Perhaps for what they require, it hasn't been enough? What do you imagine a robust defense should cost for someone accused of a horrific double child murder? I would actually say this is a low cost imo. I expected several million!!

Delphi is a tiny town in a small county.
I doubt that such a place would have millions of dollars to spend.

I would hope that the prosecutor would be given an equal amount.

The scales are tipped in favor of the defense as far as the budget is concerned as of this accounting.

My original post was relating to the fact that the defense has cried foul about the money they need.

In fact, they went as far as having a fundraiser put in place to help the defendants case.

Has any of that money been accounted for? I have not read such as of now.

It would be extremely unusual for a robust defence to cost several million.

The Murdaugh trial was very high profile. It cost the tax payer just over 500K.

Alex Murdaugh spent apr. 1.1M for his defence What the Alex Murdaugh murder trial cost SC taxpayers

That's the entire trial, mind you, what the scion of a dynasty of Lawyers and Prosecutors was able to spent on it, having the best of the best and then some. The Delphi case is on track to cost the same as a son of millionaires was able to afford in private lawyers, if not more, on the taxpayers' dime.

I do appreciate that RA is not getting less than the best despite not being able to afford a lawyer, but at the same time, I wish less high-profile defendants who face very serious charges were afforded the same resources. (I don't believe they are, I don't believe that the economy could shoulder it)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back