Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To understand how momentous the RA trial is for Indiana, you can see here how much the average Death Penalty trial costs the state. Apr half a million, including appeals. In comparison, the average Life without Parole case (like RA's) costs a tenth of that in average, apr 50K https://secure.in.gov/ipdc/files/IN-DP-COSTS.pdf

That's truly mind boggling. Think about it, someone's life behind bars, and it is all ... 50K. With the appeal.
From your link; did they happen to have more recent figures?
"LSA looked at the costs for 92 murder cases in Indiana between 2000 and 2007."

I’m still perplexed by the unexpected cancellation of the public hearing. What pray tell could have caused that? What if, just what if, the D have finally made an undeniable link that places one of the third party actors at the scene of the crime during the time in which the girls were murdered. Wow! Wouldn’t that throw a monkey wrench into the State’s case? May also explain why JG hasn’t ruled against SODDI. She may have no option but to let it in :)
JMHO

I’m still perplexed by the unexpected cancellation of the public hearing. What pray tell could have caused that? What if, just what if, the D have finally made an undeniable link that places one of the third party actors at the scene of the crime during the time in which the girls were murdered. Wow! Wouldn’t that throw a monkey wrench into the State’s case? May also explain why JG hasn’t ruled against SODDI. She may have no option but to let it in :)
JMHO

I've been wondering the same or something similar. My opinion is that Judge Gull doesn't want that to be allowed in, but she is struggling to find a legal basis for it.

IMO MOO

JMHO

How exactly would the defence of done that?

The other names they have tried to throw under the bus have alibis and are not suspects.

Last edited:
JMHO
I think it could be as simple as they had nothing to publicly discuss. After they took care of whatever they needed to do privately, if they had no other matters to discuss, then I think it makes sense to "cancel" that portion of the hearing.

So did the D object to NM’s question? If not, then they don’t agree with you.

We don't know since we haven't heard/read the transcripts yet. But, even if they didn't object, that's a false equivalency.

There could be a number of reasons to not object, including that they just didn't want to feed into that kind of behavior or there is some other legal reason not to. They surely are a lot smarter than me about the law (and probably in general!).

IMO MOO

JMHO
Okay, let's walk that through...one of the D attorneys somehow gets 'undeniable' proof that one of the rag-tag Odinist army was there at the bridge on the afternoon of the 13th...

So what was it that the attorney could walk into a hearing with, that was strong enough evidence to shut down a hearing for an upcoming murder trial? Is it a gas receipt? A photo with a timestamp? A confession?

What evidence could the attorney walk into court with, which could just be handed to the judge, and the hearing would be stopped in its tracks?

I can't think of anything that could be presented in court that could so quickly shut down a hearing like that. If they had evidence they'd need to submit it and request a chance tp present it, wouldn't they?

I saw pictures of Libby's grandmother smiling as she left the hearing. And reportedly RA's family was crying? That seems odd...

Justice is coming for Abby & Libby, it still blows my mind to think they'd be young women of 20,21 at this time. I wish we could have seen them continue on in life.

<modsnipped: Image removed. Copyright requires a direct link to give credit to the original source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Justice is coming for Abby & Libby, it still blows my mind to think they'd be young women of 20,21 at this time. I wish we could have seen them continue on in life.

<modsnipped: Image removed. Copyright requires a direct link to give credit to the original source>

It’s absolutely crazy how long the family have had to wait for justice. I hope that by November they will finally have some justice and will be able to start a new phase of their lives without RA hanging over them daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole fiasco with Dr. F was interesting. She is the State's witness IIRC and the D subpoenaed her for a deposition.

It must be something or why wouldn't they just examine her on cross? She was smart to get her own attorney, and sounds like she does not want to be subjected to the outlandish behavior by the media and internet cranks. I don't blame her, but it's too late now.

Maybe she treated RA when he received MH care for that week in 2019? Or perhaps someone known to RA was treated by her that might have pertinent information and voluntarily came forward? That would explain the HIPPA questions I had.

Just thinking out loud.

MOO

It’s absolutely crazy how long the family have had to wait for justice. I hope that by November they will finally have some justice and will be able to start a new phase of their lives without RA hanging over them daily.
Yes, all of the family members deserve answers. Some form of what a lot of people call 'closure', although I don't know if there ever is any really. Abby and Libby are never coming back, but just maybe they can start to take one step forward towards healing. The community needs to heal as well.

They've been living this case in real life not on a message board and I cannot fathom how stressful and painful it has been for all involved including LE.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

JMO

Oh. Well, maybe they didn't. Maybe NM's genetic genealogy did.

IMO MOO
It amuses me to see that NM has to work so hard to suppress his own discovery. If he has such a rock solid case against RA, he has nothing to fear, right? He’ll go in there and make mince meat of the D. Why would he care if the D make fools of themselves? His argument that it will confuse the jury is nonsense. All the jury has to do is listen to the evidence, all the evidence, and make a rational decision as to whether or not the State has shown BARD that RA is guilty. JMO

JMHO

IF the defense team had this amazing game changing piece of evidence, I doubt very seriously, this defense team, with its love of attention and bravado, would quietly lay that information out in a closed hearing and remain quiet.
They would call an immediate press conference since they don’t usually abide by the gag order or, more like them, file a motion where they can not only reveal the evidence but put their special spin on it.
Those are my thoughts on it.

I’ll also point out the high grade run-on sentences I have managed to craft here this morning.

Occam. Whatever occurred during the closed hearing negated the open hearing.

I wager that the ruling on his confessions was not happy news for RA's camp.

I suspect regrouping. I'm not sure what strategies remain for them, though I anticipate very dramatic cross-examination, with requisite table-thumping, that is IF this ever gets TO trial.

If I had to guess, I'd say that day (of the canceled hearing) was a predictable one for the State and a disappointing one for the defendant.

May justice remain steadfast.

JMO

There has been plenty of speculation what could’ve possibly been the motive for the murder of Libby and Abby, innocent victims just out for a nature walk on a pleasant day off school.

Maybe there isn’t really one, other than the killer took the opportunity to target them, unleashing the violent aggressiveness within him that normally may have been contained if his wife had been home. MOO and JMO

BBM
“While the defendant does suffer from major depressive disorder (MDD) and anxiety, those are not serious mental illnesses that prevent the defendant from making voluntary statements.”

1725120099962.jpeg

It amuses me to see that NM has to work so hard to suppress his own discovery. If he has such a rock solid case against RA, he has nothing to fear, right? He’ll go in there and make mince meat of the D. Why would he care if the D make fools of themselves? His argument that it will confuse the jury is nonsense. All the jury has to do is listen to the evidence, all the evidence, and make a rational decision as to whether or not the State has shown BARD that RA is guilty. JMO
I don't think it's really working so hard to file a simple motion.. seems short and to the point. It is his job to present as clear of a case as he can so that it will be easy to follow for the jury. The defense will try to muddy all the waters so the jury is confused because they don't have any solid evidence to exclude their client from the bridge or from the trail from 130-330. They want the jury to be confused, the state wants it to be clear. This trial should not be going through every single thing LE did to investigate this case. It would take months to do that and it comes back to having zero to do with RA, who is on trial. Jurors have lives too and this shouldn't take 3 months just so the defense can drag it on calling everyone that ever was looked at to the stand and trying to pin it on them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin
Back