Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's try this again: What if they found an undeniable link showing some other person was at the crime scene at the time of the murders, do you think the P would just toss a million $$$ out the window and walk away?
In the Alec Baldwin case, the Judge did throw the entire case out of the window three days into trial because of a Brady violation, so I believe that in the majority of the cases yes, when new evidence gets found, they are allowed in when pertinent even if that mean that the trial would end up not happening. MOO

I was thinking and RA claims he went and sat on a bench, but can any witnesses place him on one that afternoon?

It seems like he vanished off the trails at the exact moment the girls did imo

And, in a park without CCTV, that moment was captured on video anyhow. It's stunning really.

Surely BB is a witness for the Prosecution. I predict she will identify the person in Li by's video as the person she saw on the platform, the sane platform RA said he was standing on, according to him at two dissimilar times, but consistent in the original (time) with a trajectory locked by the juveniles who saw him.

Unless RA tripped over his twin, a claim neither he nor his defense team seem to be making, Libby videotaped her abduction, and RA was the only man on the bridge when it happened.

Imagine where we'd be without that video. Same abduction, same handful of witnesses, same evidence the State now has, but no first person video evidence.

It's the thing we clamoring for on other threads.

That video, nothing short of profound, gives a wealth of confirmable, confirmed information.

Relative size and shape of the abductor.
Clothing worn by abduction
Presence of a weapon/gun
Brazenness
Not inconsistent with statements made by other witnesses and their timestamps
Timing (double marked by 2:07 photograph and 2:13 video)
Timestamp consistent with breakfast, departure time TO MHB and arrival AT MHB.
Apparent audio consistent with a gun and racking a slide (which is consistent with an unfired but chambered bullet located at the crime scene).

The careful splice of video perhaps maybe wasn't immediately successful in calling/culling The Tip but it surely SUPPORTS the arrest in hand.

To be truthful, we don't know that RA WASN'T tipped in often. LE might have been in great need for an additional tip to push them over the probable cause threshold.

It's possible LE had their guy in 2017 or 2019, but like BMorphew and so many others, an arrest is/was a complicated affair. It's not enough to arrest a suspect, LE ( the DA) wants a conviction.

At trial, we'll get to see how LE got from bridge to arrest.

IMO they aren't guessing. They aren't protecting. They aren't bluffing.

What they are is ready.

JMO

Considering RA’s family members were observed to be upset, confused and crying, that certainly doesn’t point positive events by the defense. There’s no limit to speculation but the fact is we just don’t know, might’ve been significant or not. Not yet ruling on a motion doesn’t prove anything - she’s neither granted it nor ruled against it. MOO
I think the speculation is much ado about nothing. I've followed other cases where pretrial hearings get cancelled on the spot because whatever was going to be argued is either settled in chambers, or a deposed witness didn't manage to make the commute etc.

According to the MS episode of that hearing, RA's family started crying before they spoke to the DT and they learned why the hearing was cancelled, so I believe that the crying was because of the shock/confusion.

All MOO

For me, and it's only my opinion, but to allege someone else was at the scene of this murder, and the Judge in this case is making decisions to prevent the undeniable evidence and proof of that fact from coming to light, and that the Prosecution team is aiding in quashing that evidence and proof, so as to not toss a million dollar case/lawsuit, or for any other reason, would surely throw a HUGE wrench in to things. The idea, from my viewpoint, would also include various LE agencies and individuals as being complicit in the scheme.....the entire thing would be one of the greatest legal debacles in recent history.

It'd be a whole lot easier to arrest the person who was present, and charge them, unless by some obvious reason the person present at the murders is not seen to have been involved in the very crime, which for me, would be hard to believe.

According to the MS episode of that hearing, RA's family started crying before they spoke to the DT and they learned why the hearing was cancelled, so I believe that the crying was because of the shock/confusion.
Exactly. For all we know, other, unapproved, attendees (besides the YouTubers mentioned above) may have observed an upbeat and positive demeanor from the defense side after the matter was explained more fully. ;)

MOO IMO JMO

For me, and it's only my opinion, but to allege someone else was at the scene of this murder, and the Judge in this case is making decisions to prevent the undeniable evidence and proof of that fact from coming to light, and that the Prosecution team is aiding in quashing that evidence and proof, so as to not toss a million dollar case/lawsuit, or for any other reason, would surely throw a HUGE wrench in to things. The idea, from my viewpoint, would also include various LE agencies and individuals as being complicit in the scheme.....the entire thing would be one of the greatest legal debacles in recent history.

It indeed would be quite a historic case in the state of Indiana, and probably the nation!

IMO MOO

I think the speculation is much ado about nothing. I've followed other cases where pretrial hearings get cancelled on the spot because whatever was going to be argued is either settled in chambers, or a deposed witness didn't manage to make the commute etc.

All MOO

I agree. 35 minutes is an extremely short time to discuss very significant or serious legal matters. At least half the time could’ve been taken up talking about the reason for cancelling the public hearing for sundry reasons just as you suggest.

Why wouldn’t there be a transcript of the closed hearing? Is it possible the public hearing portion was cancelled because a court reporter wasn’t available?

BBM
“About 35 minutes into the closed status hearing, a deputy came out and said there would be no public hearing.

When asked what happened and why there was a change in what we had been told, investigators shrugged and did not give an answer.

There is no transcript of Friday's proceedings, and everyone involved is under a gag order.

The families of Abby Williams and Libby German did meet privately with prosecutors and investigators in a room.

Allen’s family started to cry, confused and upset, and defense attorneys met with them.”

It'd be a whole lot easier to arrest the person who was present, and charge them, unless by some obvious reason the person present at the murders is not seen to have been involved in the very crime, which for me, would be hard to believe.
It would have been a lot easier also to let the whole case go unsolved, IMO. No arrest of RA, no arrest of anyone, if the real culprits should have remained untouched. MOO

It amuses me to see that NM has to work so hard to suppress his own discovery. If he has such a rock solid case against RA, he has nothing to fear, right? He’ll go in there and make mince meat of the D. Why would he care if the D make fools of themselves? His argument that it will confuse the jury is nonsense. All the jury has to do is listen to the evidence, all the evidence, and make a rational decision as to whether or not the State has shown BARD that RA is guilty. JMO
I don't agree that the jury would not be confused if given lots of extraneous 'evidence' to wade through. IMO

They aren't doing that, thankfully. Only the ones that make sense based on the staging of the crime scene. For example, we haven't heard the DT mention DN even once, have we? He was looked it. Or TB, CE, BJC, or PE. All of them were "looked at" and the defense is not trying to "pin it on them."

Only the ones involved in activities closely related to how the crime scene was staged. (ETA: And allegedly confessed to a sibling, had ties to one of the victims through a dating relationship, etc.)

IMO MOO
In the whole scheme of things, the alleged staging of the crime scenes not all that vital to this investigation.

First, there is a valid question if it was really staged to be an Odinist ritual. There is a question on the table if there really was a rune painted on the tree at all.

I think there was probably blood splatter all over that tree, but the picture shown w/the alleged F makes it look like it was just there in that area. I bet that when we get to trial, we will see the whole tree and it will be splattered all over thus 'erasing' the alleged image.

And there are other reasons for the branches and twigs besides the Odinist excuse.

It would have been a lot easier also to let the whole case go unsolved, IMO. No arrest of RA, no arrest of anyone, if the real culprits should have remained untouched. MOO
I’m not sure easy is the answer.

Whomever is responsible for the murder of two innocent girls must be held accountable.

There is nothing easy about murder.

MOO

I think there was probably blood splatter all over that tree, but the picture shown w/the alleged F makes it look like it was just there in that area. I bet that when we get to trial, we will see the whole tree and it will be splattered all over thus 'erasing' the alleged image.

Interesting theory. Could be! I hadn't considered that.

Let's try this again: What if they found an undeniable link showing some other person was at the crime scene at the time of the murders, do you think the P would just toss a million $$$ out the window and walk away?
They wouldn't walk away---they'd begin the investigation of the new person, maybe they were an accomplice?

yes.

they would have to IMO
This is Indiana we're talking about and we have just celebrated our fiftieth (50th) exoneration. So when someone says "they have to do this" or "have to do that," I'm kind of skeptical.

Discovery is still coming in, to the point where the D asked for and was granted the discovery response period to be shortened. So I'm kicking around the possibility that something did come in last Friday that made the judge stop the hearing.

Having just learned of the $20,000 ISP spent for genetic genealogy takes me in all different directions. Mostly, I'd really like to see when they did it.

This is Indiana we're talking about and we have just celebrated our fiftieth (50th) exoneration. So when someone says "they have to do this" or "have to do that," I'm kind of skeptical.

Discovery is still coming in, to the point where the D asked for and was granted the discovery response period to be shortened. So I'm kicking around the possibility that something did come in last Friday that made the judge stop the hearing.

Having just learned of the $20,000 ISP spent for genetic genealogy takes me in all different directions. Mostly, I'd really like to see when they did it.
RBBM
Me too! And if something of relevance regarding evidence did come in, it’s possible that further investigation of such evidence may perhaps delay the trial? This too could have unsettled KA and family, hence the tears. Rozzi seemed relaxed, even jovial. RA too seemed relaxed with a slight smile. Iirc, only NM looked a tad concerned. All MOO

Excellent post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back