Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it been confirmed by anybody besides the defense that Abby was dressed in Libby’s tracksuit pants as I thought that’s what she was meant to be wearing that day?

Yet I am sure it’s claimed Abby had jeans on so it’s slightly confusing. IMO

There is a photo we're told LG took on her phone while they were on the bridge that day if you scroll down in the article at the link. AW is clearly wearing jeans imo. Skinny jeans maybe? But jeans.

Last edited:
Personally if it were proven to me RA was bridge guy, I'd be quite happy to reach the logical and obvious inference that Bridge Guy murdered the girls, based on what I know already. I do not see any reasonable doubt there.

MOO
If in one of Richard Allen's many confessions he states that he is the person in the still photo/video from Liberty German's phone I would agree with you. If that is the case that Richard Allen confessed to being the person in the video, then I think it will probably be a swift guilty verdict.

But the question is can they prove RA was bridge guy from the phone video? I do not think they can unless he confessed to it. As for all this other secret evidence, we have to wait for trial. I know people keep writing that.

But what I really want to know about is all this other evidence the prosecution has against Richard Allen. Or did they arrest him based on some toolmark striations on an unspent cartridge and a weak PCA? But he did confess, and I think that is what the prosecution is going to remind the jury every time the defense tries to say Richard Allen did not do it. As of right now, even with 61 confessions, I think he might be innocent, but that is only because I have not heard the confessions or heard about the other possible evidence against him.

@somequestions
I too feel there is a possibility (a rather strong possibility) that RA is innocent. I’m certainly not impressed by 61+ “confessions” made under mental stress of whatever kind, likely induced by the conditions of his solitary confinement. Solitary confinement for a man that was not a threat to anyone and had exhibited no violence toward anyone in the system. Despite knowing he suffered from major depressive disorder they completely failed to appreciate how this would affect him…..or did they?? He should never have been incarcerated in a state prison in the first place. IMO

Thus far, the “evidence” against him is spurious at best, IMO. Of course, there may be some blockbuster evidence the P is going to spring during the trial, or so we are frequently reminded. Again, I’m not in the least convinced that this is the case. MOO

Does anybody know if anything like the closed hearing happens in other court cases in Indiana?

To my knowledge courts are suppose to be open to the public unless it is plea bargaining.

Has it been confirmed by anybody besides the defense that Abby was dressed in Libby’s tracksuit pants as I thought that’s what she was meant to be wearing that day?

Yet I am sure it’s claimed Abby had jeans on so it’s slightly confusing. IMO
I've heard and seen both in different places. I truly don't know.

Does anybody know if anything like the closed hearing happens in other court cases in Indiana?

To my knowledge courts are suppose to be open to the public unless it is plea bargaining.
My guess is closed hearings do happen in Indiana. However, most IN cases don't receive the scrutiny that this one has so it's hard to say how often it happens. Sometimes entire cases are closed.

One reason for the hearing you're referring to could be they needed to discuss a sealed document. I don't have any ideas beyond that nor have I seen any speculation. I remain mystified.

MS and GH are both approved sources and claimed to have the crime scene photos. Did either one of them weigh in on the issue of what Abby was wearing on her lower body?
Libby was wearing gray sweatpants, not jeans that day. Abby was originally in skinny jeans as per the Snapchat photo on the bridge, but IDK for sure if when Abby was found she was in her own jeans or Libby's sweat pants. Her top half was said to be what she originally was wearing.

I read or saw that in one of the latest 3 Day hearings I've read many so I can only say what I recall, not as fact.

MOO

EBM: To add clarification

Last edited:
I read that cameras won't be allowed in the court room. But will there be reporters posting live updates on Twitter/X or anything like that? If so, who are the good ones I should follow before the trial starts?
I’m gonna be surprised if Judge Gull allows any electronics into her courtroom outside of her staff (eg: transcriptionist). She hasn’t been keen on electronics or cams in her courtroom with the exception of the one hearing scheduled that ended up a private meeting her in chambers wherein she disqualified the D….

I’m gonna be surprised if Judge Gull allows any electronics into her courtroom outside of her staff (eg: transcriptionist). She hasn’t been keen on electronics or cams in her courtroom with the exception of the one hearing scheduled that ended up a private meeting her in chambers wherein she disqualified the D….

Thanks. I'll hold out hope for people updating during breaks or something at least, then.

As sure as the sun comes up in a few hours, they have their man.
I was driving on a road trip when I heard radio news that the community of Delphi Indiana was searching for two girls who hadn't returned from a hike. For the sake of families and community I've hoped for a plea to avoid full details of this tragedy aired in court. Agree the sun will come up and they have a man who played a part though I'm unsure his is the only part.

I hate that we just cant have camera's in the court.
I cannot stand that it is okay from them to use video evidence in a space we are prohibitive of using the same evidence . Even worse , we are not allowed to use the same tools in the courtroom that the rely on . .. its kinda gross ,in the old school kinda way.

Or she just lost a shoe in the rough terrain. MO
Libby would have lost her shoe while crossing the creek or possibly scurrying up the muddy bank. I doubt she lost it on bridge side since it was caught up in bark/mulch debris closer to the discovery side of the creek.

Another option is the murderer could have tossed those particular items in the creek from the discovery/kill site of the creek after the murders, not knowing they would get caught up.

My guess is closed hearings do happen in Indiana. However, most IN cases don't receive the scrutiny that this one has so it's hard to say how often it happens. Sometimes entire cases are closed.

One reason for the hearing you're referring to could be they needed to discuss a sealed document. I don't have any ideas beyond that nor have I seen any speculation. I remain mystified.

I do agree about the scrutiny - especially when you go years without a trial. It leads to people creating huge theories based on the PCA or background trial management when most of that stuff won't even matter!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo
Back