Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #196

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The new LIKE icon at the bottom of the posts looks like a penney imo. Lol.
I don't recognize a penny, rather nothing at all. Yellow thumb on yellow ground, like a grubby full moon or similar. ;) Nothing to express my LIKE for a well done post. One almost wants to apologize for this sign of appreciation.

I was driving on a road trip when I heard radio news that the community of Delphi Indiana was searching for two girls who hadn't returned from a hike. For the sake of families and community I've hoped for a plea to avoid full details of this tragedy aired in court. Agree the sun will come up and they have a man who played a part though I'm unsure his is the only part.
I haven't come up with a single good reason, why he should take the blame for someone else. That's been my problem since October 2022.

Since Libby's phone was found under Abby's body and Abby was wearing Libby's pants, I think it's safe to assume that Libby was made to remove her clothes ( she was found naked) and Abby was allowed to put on Libby's pants. All that action, if Libby's phone was in her pants pocket (or her sweatshirt's pocket, still not clear if Abby was wearing Libby's sweatshirt) could account for many more minutes of that 18 minutes than just walking from the bridge to the crime scene. JMO

As usual I think there is a lot of danger in taking scant testimony given for a different purpose in an evidential hearing and extrapolating into support for a theory.

Like i posted before, i can walk around my kitchen cleaning up, and log steps. Usually you'd combine location data with step data to understand whether someone is purposely walking somewhere or simply active.

If you don't have location data, you might be able to infer stuff based on number of steps per minute relative to a baseline. e.g you'd expect to see higher step count from the parking lot to the bridge, then lower on the bridge etc. These known journeys enable inferences about the data.

tldr; there may be more clues in this data about when the victim was travelling to A to B, when they were merely active in a location etc. But based on testimony so far, I don't see how anyone can be claiming the "18 mins" testimony supports a second location idea.

MOO

I’m gonna be surprised if Judge Gull allows any electronics into her courtroom outside of her staff (eg: transcriptionist). She hasn’t been keen on electronics or cams in her courtroom with the exception of the one hearing scheduled that ended up a private meeting her in chambers wherein she disqualified the D….

That day was out of control. Media cameras wouldn't be allowed in an in chambers meeting with the Judge anyway although we did get the transcript after many suggested there wasn't one lol.

The D had insisted on camera coverage, yet after that disciplinary action discussion, they could have gone out there and been on the record @ 2pm, but they chose to withdraw instead.

At least verbally. R&B didn't want all of what was discussed in chambers coming out to the media. They filmed Judge Gull when she made the brief statement of 'unfortunately some things have come up', but I think they didn't follow the Judge's instructions.

JMO

I haven't come up with a single good reason, why he should take the blame for someone else. That's been my problem since October 2022.
I agree, if RA was truly innocent but knew who 'really' did commit the crime, he'd have been at home, working his CVS job and living his normal life for the last 2 years.

JMO

Cicero and the questioning put to him describes Abby's clothes as...

dark-colored sweatshirt / large dark sweatshirt /
outer hoodie sweatshirt (I think these are all the same item)

tank top / pink sleeveless shirt (same item imo)

grey sports bra / grey-colored sports brassiere
(same item imo)

black bra / black regular brassiere
(same item imo)

No mention of Abby's pants/jeans.
No mention of Abby's shoes.

Libby's tie-dye t-shirt is in the creek along with a white item (possibly panties) in between that shirt and one of her black Nike tennis shoes.

There is also a reddish/pinkish item in the creek (not sure of exact location) but it looks like it might be a sock.

So many questions this raises...

Where is the grey sweater jacket Abby has on in the High Bridge picture? Or is that the large dark outer hoodie sweatshirt that is being referenced?
If it is the grey sweater jacket Abby had on, where is Libby's sweatshirt?

Do both bra's, the sports bra and regular bra, belong to Abby?
If not, why does Abby have Libby's bra on along with her own?

If both girls had on a pair of panties and a pair of socks then three socks and a pair of panties are missing, if that white item in the creek is indeed panties and the reddish/pinkish item is indeed a sock.

Sidenote: If only one girl was wearing a pair of socks, then one pair of panties and one sock is missing if those items in the creek are one pair of panties and a sock.

IIRC, it had been speculated since the early days that a pair of panties and one sock was missing from the crime scene.

smart move by DT IMO. The jury should see/visit the scene since so much has been made about the scene by both sides.
My Opinion Only...It could help, as FromGermany1 implied, to validate aspects of RA's confessions in the minds of the jurors. The Defense, IMO, will try and bring up the BIG, bad terrain as a how could such a small, little man like RA have handled it all...like the first FM tried to do, over and over again.
All Just My Opinion

I'm very surprised. Was NOT expecting any getting ready for trial motion to be filed. Are the Defense finally getting ready to start?

I’m shocked the defense filed a properly worded, sanely intended motion on RA’s behalf that appears to be actually on his behalf.
Maybe they actually finally settled into trying to defend the man instead of attempting to win a Pulitzer Prize for fiction.

in light of the rennovations to trails and bridge in the intervening years, the logistics of illustrating to the jury how the girls and RA were on teh bridge and he then walked them "down the hill" may be difficut to convey. I think it best if the jury is taken into the scene by means of the RL property and backtrack from there to where the bridge and suggested route down the hill can be illustrated.

But I do think it a good idea for the jury to see exactly where the girls ended, and the area around that scene and alleged route to arrive at it. It will give them a good idea of now many people might have been present on the surrounding trails, what viewpoints are available and were available to the various witnesses in a way that illustrations and crime scene computerize reenactments may not. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo
Back