Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM

If this were true, why would the prosecution not say so? And the defence would also know this?

Seems unlikely to me.
I can’t speak for the OP, but my theory was that the Grissom search and accompanying interviews brought forth additional evidence of known suspect RA’s involvement in CSAM / catfishing. The evidence they needed to finally bring charges. He had been either directly in contact with the girls online, using the a_shots or a related account, or he was paid or coerced to target the girls. Due to the active investigation, prosecution could not say more at the time of RA’s arrest.

Now that we know of Vido’s testimony that the search did not connect the others, I have had to put my theory aside and will wait to hear details at trial of a possible motive and how LE circled back to RA. Maybe it really was just a lost tip, and a diligent clerk going through old files finally located it.

jmo

I might be totally wrong but I believe they are allowed 3 opportunities and they've used 1.

Turns out the 3 continuance only is an old wives tale, this is why we must vet info for ourselves.

Here is Indiana law regarding a continuance.

(A) Either party may be granted a continuance for good cause shown. Except in unusual circumstances no party shall be allowed more than one (1) continuance in any case, and all continuances must have the specific approval of the court. Continuances shall be for as short a period as possible, and where feasible the party not requesting the continuance shall be considered in scheduling a new hearing date. The court shall give notice of the continuance and the new date and time of trial to all parties.

I haven't seen Vito's testimony yet. Do you know when no link was found?

It had to have been after RA's arrest because Vito testified that he talked to many in Peru and could find no connection between RA's family and the pervert's family. He also testified he could find no digital connection. Meaning no connection between AS account and RA.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
. I watched Carter's interview again and he wasn't talking about any tip coming in, he was talking about "the tip." That is when he talks about putting 60 detectives on it to go back through the case/tips from the beginning.

This may have been what happened in regards to RA and what led to the discovery of DD's tip narrative.

Time stamp: 2:15

Last edited by a moderator:
Justice for Abby & Libby is what I hope for. Not a who is right or wrong but Justice for two innocent friends out for a walk on MHB never once thinking it would be the last day of their young, innocent lives.

The parents and family members deserve to see Justice and to begin the process of healing, because IMO ‘closure’ is an overused word to those who have suddenly lost a love one in such a brutal fashion. Abby & Libby are gone and never coming home.

Their killer needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. I personally believe RA=BG=Killer and hope that a jury of his peers agrees and RA never sees the light of day as a free man again. That is what the vicious killer of these girls deserves.

JMO

State's Reponse Motion to Certify

State Objection to Defence Request to Visit Crime Scene

State Motion in Limine Regarding Defence Witness

The "Exhibits A through D" (transcripts [now completed apparently] of actual questions posed)

Non-Party Department of Correction's Response to Motion to Compel Deponents to Answer Certified Questions

State's Reponse Motion to Certify

State Objection to Defence Request to Visit Crime Scene

State Motion in Limine Regarding Defence Witness

The "Exhibits A through D" (transcripts [now completed apparently] of actual questions posed)

Non-Party Department of Correction's Response to Motion to Compel Deponents to Answer Certified Questions

Thank you @Vern - can I use you as my "go-to" person for this case? And I have 2 other Indiana cases I will need help on. TIA if you can help keep my notes straight! :)

@FrostedGlass
I have long held onto the theory that the Wabash River search was connected, along with other actors being involved in some way. Below is all I can find from Vido’s testimony. I have not seen transcripts stating where no link was made. Noting that the article references a search at the crime scene, not the Wabash. Unsure if that is a media mistake, and they meant Wabash, or if it’s what Vido said.

Vido testified that significant resources were devoted to investigating whether Kline and his father, Jerry, were connected to the murders before Richard Allen was arrested, even taking Kline to a cemetery near the crime scene in August 2022, where Kline claimed to have gone with his dad on the day the girls were killed.

Vido said Kline had told police his father went into the woods for a few hours and came back with blood on him, and that his dad threw a cellphone and knife in the river before they left the area. The detective told the court that investigators later searched the water near the crime scene, but they found no cell phone belonging to Kline or knife matching the one he described.

Vido said after Allen’s arrest months later in October 2022, investigators discovered Allen had at some point lived in the same Miami County neighborhood as the Kline family, but they never found proof the families spent time together.

On cross examination, Vido told prosecutors that police were able to disprove that Kegan Kline and his dad had been in Delphi on the day of the murders, testifying that investigators found cellphone evidence showing both were at home in Peru. Vido told the court that investigators were not able to place Kline or his father at the crime scene or in Delphi on the day of the murders.

I didn’t say this at all. What I said was, I’ll wait for the trial rather than speculate since we are so close at this point. In a subsequent post I said he has made statements to his family and corrections staff wherein he apparently confessed. He hasn’t told US / the world his confession. It may be a game for him to do this but not change his plea formally. If he were serious and not jerking people around then I expect a change of plea and for him to allocute to the crime.
ISP Harshman has told us what was said, as far as the reason RA changed his mind after 61+confessions and dozens of incriminating statements. Harshman has listened to every communication between RA and his family members. Dr. Wala has also given us her perspective on those relationships between RA and his family. Add to that the warden's info. All told to us under oath. We know some of RA's thoughts and I believe it's gives us a good handle on why he's not changing his plea. Maybe that will change but I have pretty much no hope myself that RA's attorneys will honor any change of mind he may be entertaining at this point. That's just MO from their behaviors throughout this whole case. The above is AJMO

Yes. We know what he says he wrote down. Have we seen his notes yet? Do we know what he asked? Did he write RA’s response verbatim? Did he write it properly as he was told? We hope so. We don’t know so. Yet. The D has raised concerns over his accuracy per my earlier post. We will get clarification soon.
Since that info was included in the PCA I will take that as accurate information. I do not believe there are fasehoods contained in that document, as others have inferred. The judge agreed with that also, four times. MO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir
Back