• Involved in both the cover-up and the murder

Votes: 85 41.7%
  • Involved only by failure to stop any crime

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Not involved whatsoever

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • I am completely undecided on the matter of AB's involvement

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • Gross negligence and cover up of body.

Votes: 45 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pls
Does anyone know what time they called 911 (the first call re the fire) that night?
TIA

Cause he says "and all this happened last night around 5 "

But if it all started at 5.....why did they check on her (so they say at least) at 2.30?
weird hour to check on a kid,no?

Sorry,new to the case&confused.

Have no real information on which to feel AB is anything other than a negligent parent. Just read this article today and have concluded that if DSS did even half of what they are suppose to do, there is no way possible for AB to have not known about some issues related to abuse of Zahra.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/dec/04/what-you-need-know-about-dss-ar-589469/

I guess the real question is, what in reality did DSS do with a couple of reports allegedly made on Zahra's behalf.

Pls
Does anyone know what time they called 911 (the first call re the fire) that night?
TIA

Cause he says "and all this happened last night around 5 "

But if it all started at 5.....why did they check on her (so they say at least) at 2.30?
weird hour to check on a kid,no?

Sorry,new to the case&confused.

..the fire 911 call was @ approx.5:20 am
..the 'missing' 911 call was @ 1:58 pm.

Have no real information on which to feel AB is anything other than a negligent parent. Just read this article today and have concluded that if DSS did even half of what they are suppose to do, there is no way possible for AB to have not known about some issues related to abuse of Zahra.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/dec/04/what-you-need-know-about-dss-ar-589469/

I guess the real question is, what in reality did DSS do with a couple of reports allegedly made on Zahra's behalf.

According to what is in that article, it would seem like the DSS worker (In their own opinion.) that went out for Z, didn't find any grounds to report it to the DA. :waitasec:

I also still wonder as I have for a long time now, if anyone ever said a word to AB? Later in interviews BB said AB seen it. In the beginning she said things a bit differently. Even the neighbors never said that they expressed any concern to AB. The only one so far that has said they did was AY and he said emotional abuse and that AB didn't believe him. So I don't know what to think.

Has anyone spoken out about AB besides Bio-mom in depth? Friends, co-workers, social workers, landlord ect ect... Its like noone has any long interaction with AB one way or another.

I think his demeaner is just him, his reactions to things while unusual is proabably typical of him. Person of few words, simple and non emotional on anything.

I had really hoped that the landlord would have come out Photos of the house before and after, His take on the Bakers ect but so far i have yet to see it, we as outsiders have taken alot of assumptions on what was inside that house without knowing what it was like before or during..

Has anyone spoken out about AB besides Bio-mom in depth? Friends, co-workers, social workers, landlord ect ect... Its like noone has any long interaction with AB one way or another.

I think his demeaner is just him, his reactions to things while unusual is proabably typical of him. Person of few words, simple and non emotional on anything.

I had really hoped that the landlord would have come out Photos of the house before and after, His take on the Bakers ect but so far i have yet to see it, we as outsiders have taken alot of assumptions on what was inside that house without knowing what it was like before or during..

Two of his bosses MC and FC have spoken well of him. Just the opposite for EB though. If I come across the links I will post them for you. Some of the links are becoming harder to find lately.

Two of his bosses MC and FC have spoken well of him. Just the opposite for EB though. If I come across the links I will post them for you. Some of the links are becoming harder to find lately.

thank you, I must have either scanned over them or missed them all together. Do you remember if they stated that AB's demeaner is the same? I can see him being this type of person

My vote is that AB is guilty of gross negligence & the cover up of Zahra's body. I am holding out on whether AB participated in Zahra's death till more information is learned.

For those who believe that AB was unaware of any of the circumstances of Zahra's death & especially the dismemberment...how do you rationalize the time it took to dismember, clean up (paint, etc) all without AB having any knowledge?

thank you, I must have either scanned over them or missed them all together. Do you remember if they stated that AB's demeaner is the same? I can see him being this type of person

I found one here is the link and part of it under.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/13/9/investigators-search-burke-site-again-ar-453434/

Many now wonder if Adam Baker was involved in his daughter’s murder.

Baker’s boss doesn’t think so.

But Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said he hasn’t ruled out any suspects.

Fred Causby is the foreman for Real Tree Services and operates the company from his home on Hartland Road north of Morganton. He hired Baker as a laborer about six months ago.

“He started in March or April,” Causby said. “He’s just a hard working individual.”

“I thought it was a waste of time when they came out to search,” he said in the afternoon before authorities returned Tuesday night. “I have a difficult time believing this. I like to think I’m a pretty good judge of people, and I’d like to think I’m still not wrong.”

He described Baker as a quiet man, a self-directed worker who can be funny at times and tells stories about working on a sod farm and a sugar mill in his native Australia.

Causby met Elisa Baker a couple of times when she’d come to pick her husband up after work and those brief encounters left him feeling unsettled.

“He (Baker) may not have had good judgment,” Causby said referring to the woman Baker met on the Internet and moved to America to wed. “I think the elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top. She seemed very controlling.”

According to what is in that article, it would seem like the DSS worker (In their own opinion.) that went out for Z, didn't find any grounds to report it to the DA. :waitasec:

I also still wonder as I have for a long time now, if anyone ever said a word to AB? Later in interviews BB said AB seen it. In the beginning she said things a bit differently. Even the neighbors never said that they expressed any concern to AB. The only one so far that has said they did was AY and he said emotional abuse and that AB didn't believe him. So I don't know what to think.

But reading the article of what DSS is suppose to do - they themselves, DSS, were responsible to not only speak with but to interview AB regarding any and all reported abuse allegations of HIS daughter. He is the custodial parent. Thus my question - what did DSS do in reality. If they followed their own guidelines - AB was perfectly aware of allegations of abuse.

My vote is that AB is guilty of gross negligence & the cover up of Zahra's body. I am holding out on whether AB participated in Zahra's death till more information is learned.

For those who believe that AB was unaware of any of the circumstances of Zahra's death & especially the dismemberment...how do you rationalize the time it took to dismember, clean up (paint, etc) all without AB having any knowledge?

BBM
How dismemebered was she? All we know is one bone was found aside from remains. I would think if LE thought there was more to look for they would be.JMO

Personally i have no clue how long it would take to dismember someone nor do i know how dismembered ZB was, Dont think there has been any report on if it was the whole body or a leg. As for the painting I can paint a room in about 2 hours without a problem and thats taping it out also but could be done faster and messier but then again I do not recall any reports just speculation that the rooms were painted over or even touched up.

Only thing I hate about cases like these is how quickly speculation turns into assumption and then misleading information. It spirals and i can see where and why people start bringing out the pitch forks even though a FAIR trial with ALL the known facts are in front of a group of peers has not happened. Only KEY players know what actually happen

We do not have all the information, and quite a bit of assumptions are spiraled out of control to be facts, which is not the case. I do not know if AB is involved I can only assume and go by what the media and LE lets us know.

I tried to do a google on how long it would take to dismember someone but i did not find any reports or offical documents to say one way or another. It could be a process that takes a few days or possibly if say a chainsaw was used a few hour but again i have no clue

Does anyone know if AB had to undergo any Polygraph testing? I know they are not always accurate, but could give a bit of a clue if he was involved or not?
I wonder if Zahra was left at home if she did not go to the Oktoberfest with her father and stepmonster. It surprises me just how many people will leave children home alone!

But reading the article of what DSS is suppose to do - they themselves, DSS, were responsible to not only speak with but to interview AB regarding any and all reported abuse allegations of HIS daughter. He is the custodial parent. Thus my question - what did DSS do in reality. If they followed their own guidelines - AB was perfectly aware of allegations of abuse.

I'm just wondering if they followed their guidelines. I also wonder if the person/people that turned the abuse in ever gave AB's information. It seems a lot of these people are afraid to even give their own name, let alone anyone else. I do wonder about the school though. It only says it gave Z home phone numbers. It says they did school protocol. I'm not sure I know what exactly that is. I just haven't seen anything yet that says anyone told AB. Usually it's we contacted the parents, or we spoke with both parents. Everything so far says EB. It's just so odd.

Here is my problem with the theory that AB didn't know anything about the death or dismemberment etc. If my child were "ill" and my spouse and I left her home alone while we went out (which I would never do with a 10 yr old). I would definitely notice the smell of bleach and/or new paint in the home when I got back!! Then the questions would start. Why do I smell these things? I would be in the child's room fast as lightning, at first wondering what the heck the child did while I was gone. Then find her gone and a freshly painted room?? Police would be on the phone within seconds and I would be frantic.

Even if he has a very bad sense of smell what kind of parent wouldn't check in on their "ill" child when they got home?? AB may not have been involved in the actual murder, but I see NO way that he didn't know about the mess in that house! I can't see a plausible theory to explain that! He knew she was gone long before he called 911 IMO!

I think he was at least involved her dismemberment. I think EB convinced him to do it to avoid trouble and deportation. I believe this because there seems to be a large disconnect with him and his mother in regards to Zahra. What I think is that he convinced himself that after Zahra was dead, she wasn't Zahra anymore. So it wasn't Zahra he was cutting up, it was just a dead body. You can't hurt a dead body, so the dismemberment didn't hurt Zahra. I think his mother has convinced herself of this as well (if she knows about it. I'm still not sure exactly what she knows, but even if someone else dismembered Zahra's body, it would be a dead body and not Zahra anymore).

Why? Because NEITHER of them got upset until the rape allegations came out. Rape would have happened to a LIVE Zahra. Rape would hurt a LIVE Zahra. Rape would certainly be upsetting against a living, breathing Zahra. That's what hurt them, the thought that she suffered more while ALIVE, that maybe this wasn't natural causes (which I also think they believe she died of, at least until the rape allegations came out).

Why not get upset before that if his only role was cutting up a dead body that is not Zahra anymore? And then, he actually can say he'd never hurt his daughter, meaning his daughter while she was alive. And as he helped disposed of the pieces, even further disconnect. Pieces aren't a whole, living daughter. They're just pieces of a dead body. I hope I'm making sense here.

..the fire 911 call was @ approx.5:20 am
..the 'missing' 911 call was @ 1:58 pm.

thanks.
was he ever asked why they checked on her at 2.30AM?i still find it a very weird hour to check on your kid (who is supposed to be sound asleep at that hour,right?)in the middle of the night,what was the reason?

weird,weird,everything about that call.........

Could AB's naivete about EB possibly extened to mentioning the death benefit (if any) and if he was receiving any disability benefits on his daughter's behalf (from Australia)? From what I gleaned from Government website -- IF AB was in receipt of benefits for ZB then in the even of her death he would have been eligible for 14 weeks payment.

This whole thing is weird,odd,strange,stupid,unbelievable and a few more words that'd get me baned. :(

Has there been any confirmation that a Grand Jury met yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member