• Involved in both the cover-up and the murder

Votes: 85 41.7%
  • Involved only by failure to stop any crime

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Not involved whatsoever

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • I am completely undecided on the matter of AB's involvement

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • Gross negligence and cover up of body.

Votes: 45 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Detaching" Thank you.. That seems to be what I have done from my family due to deaths,terminal illnesses,both mine and others in the family.. Now I have a "word" to go to the Dr with and maybe get help.. Or not ~ There is much to face..
Sorry,OT... But thanks..

I am completely undecided on the level of AB's involvement. I have been up down and all around. I have been convinced he is a part of the coverup. Other days I have been convinced he has been played by someone far more manipulative than he has the intellect to anticipate. Some days I wake up feeling one way and go to sleep thinking the oposite.

So as it stands right now, today, this minute. I have NO freekin clue about if AB was involved or to what degree.

BBM....that's where I'm at..

I do feel he was negligent for Zahra's medical care. She should have had follow ups here tp make sure her cancer didn't return but I wonder if she ever saw a doctor while she lived in the US?

Her prosethic leg needed replacing, how could he watch his daughter limp around with uneven limbs? I do feel he's guilty with this but dont' know how much is all EB with her evil manipulations. I only hope the authorities are on this and will have some answers before we know it..As I believe, it was EB's idea with that ransom note. Boy did she crack fast when she admitted to writting it. So, IMO, this might fall on on EB...especially after hearing that EB conviced AB that one of her exhusbands was her brother...so who knows how gullible and naive AB truly is...two completely different worlds (lifestyles) between the US of A and Australia...JMHO

Justice for Zahra

thisjusthurtsmyheart I totally agree with everything you've said below. I have been guilty of this myself to some degree. When I learned that my mother was terminal with breast cancer and had a month to live, I think I became detached, although I looked after her with all the love in my heart until she passed away. I knew though, that she was going and I couldn't do a damn thing about it and I put up that wall of protection around me (read detachment) to ease the pain.

But I'm not AB and he's not me, although he is a fellow countryman. He disgusts me to the core and I could quite happily grab him and shake the chit out of him! :furious:

peg4x4 Hugs to you.

Hello All,

I have a theory that I thought of tonight at work but my computer shut down on me and I lost all of the stuff that I had written...ugh!:furious::banghead:

I was reading the old thread and tlcox made the remark that AB had displaced his emotions completely...well tl I believe your right. I believe that it all started when Z got cancer. I think that AB detached from her because he actually thought that she was going to die in the second round...i.e..secondary cancer. I think that he really detached becuz he thought it would be easier to bury her without so much feeling involved. People do this all the time to help the pain of losing a loved one. I can understand I have done it myself with a man that I felt like it was my father. It eased the pain a little. I knew and I was ready. The problem arises when the person that you detach from actually lives.

I think this is where things get complicated. AB detached from Z but she lived and I think that he never gained that love for her again. He just went through the motions becuz his mother was making him, she wanted Z to be around still. So he continued to care for her, he was constantly under the watchful eye of his "mum". So at some point, he decided that it was time to fill the void that was left by him "losing" Z. Even though he never lost her, in his mind he lost her to last bout with cancer. And the way he distanced himself from her and just acted so uncaring towards her.

The next step I believe has to do with EB he met her and he really latched on to her in the online reality. He may have even fell in love with her online. I think that after that fact she flew over to OZ and that was it. He thought that he found the one that would stay when he in his mind had already lost so much. They got married in OZ and everything seemed so good the reality was not what was really there. When he married EB he thought that she could take the place of his mom. EB could take care of Z and he and EB could leave because there was another woman to care for Z. Now remember he still cared for her because he had too. He probably thought that there would be another bout with cancer that would sooner or later take her away. So why get attached again.

The displacement of love I think went to EB and he was so afraid of losing her so he went along with all of the abuse that EB dished out. He may have even went along with hurting her himself to keep her around, he did not want to be alone especially in this country. At some point Z died I really do not know how and part of me really does not want to know and the other half of me really does. Catch 22 I GUESS! But once Z was gone he went into cover up and conceal mode. He didnt want to lose EB so they went about covering up the death. They did what I believe AB thought to do in order to not lose the rest of his life.

In retrospect, I have came to the conclusion that AB let go of his daughter along time ago and he never could fathom losing her again. I think that he loved EB and he would have done anything to keep her and not lose the one thing that he loved again. And Z was just a burden that was not all that important anymore, given the lack of medical care and love that the little angel received in her short time here with us.

Hope this makes sense...:waitasec:

This is my opinion! Not that it matters!:crazy:

((((peg4x4)))) Hugs to you my dear friend...Hope everything works out well for you and your family. Sorry OT just wanted to give some luv to a fellow sleuther.:blushing:

"Detaching" Thank you.. That seems to be what I have done from my family due to deaths,terminal illnesses,both mine and others in the family.. Now I have a "word" to go to the Dr with and maybe get help.. Or not ~ There is much to face..
Sorry,OT... But thanks..

Then I'm thinking that "Ma" better get her weapon of choice ready.

I believe that both AB and EB were involved in Zahra's death and hiding her body. I don't buy into ABs claims that he didn't know alot of what was happening because of his work schedule. I also don't buy into his mother's claims that she had no contact at all with AB and/or Zahra the entire time they were in NC. Sounds like this is going to turn into a huge "he said/she said" production. With each side blaming the other. Fortunately for us both can be tried for Zahra's murder even if LE can't prove exactly who was the one that killed her.

OT: I wonder who is paying for "Ma" and her other son to stay here in the US. How is AB paying rent, food, gas, etc? Is he still employed?

Hi TorisMom!

You might find this thread interesting:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119865"]AB living expenses - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Reminders:

• No bashing of non-suspects.
  • No sleuthing of non-suspects.
  • No name calling.
  • Be very careful of how much weight you give to unverified sources from other sites, who, in actuality, could be anyone.
  • If you choose to interact with people claiming to be case players, please don't bring those interactions here - as both the source and you are then unverified "insiders," and this classes as rumour.

We gave these threads a lot of leaway this weekend to see where they were going, but the Facebook comments have started to take over every thread with no real way to tell if these posters are who they are claiming to be.

I know it is very difficult to manage a case when the MSM dries up, and it is nervewracking to wait for charges/trials/info/etc, but, sadly, this happens with nearly every case at some point. Every case team has to learn how to deal with the agony of the long haul eventually.

Keep Zahra in your thoughts, but try not to let anger and rumour get the best of you.

still stuck on this question. Sigh. I am beginning to think until I can gauge LE's take on this I will be stuck, right here, confused.

May I just say that is a really sucky position to sit in. I do not like this. Come on LE and DA, build that case and lay out something to give me an idea of where to fall here!

I agree with the detachment theory, but not because of the cancer.
I believe his apathy had to do with a combination of laziness and lifestyle choices (ie, drugs, drinking, computer addiction, and possibly some other "interesting" sexual dalliances)
His daughter just wasn't a priority.

I believe his apathy had to do with a combination of laziness and lifestyle choices (ie, drugs, drinking, computer addiction, and possibly some other "interesting" sexual dalliances)

one more for your list

egocentricity - just wants a normal life

one more for your list

egocentricity - just wants a normal life

egocentric /ego·cen·tric/ (-sen´trik) self-centered; preoccupied with one's own interests and needs; lacking concern for others.

Yep...that pretty much nails it as far as what I'm thinking his motivations were. That, and I REALLY believe a lot of it was laziness and apathy. He just couldn't be bothered. (imo)

That is EXACTLY my thinking. I also believe AB is the kind of man who has very definite ideas about what role the women in his life are supposed to fulfill.

JMO

I'm still not convinced that AB had anything to do with this. Everything could have been done while he was gone.
Is there anything stating that EB names AB or does she keep saying we and he?
Edit/Delete Message

Given the rather salacious accusations that have come out via the MSM regarding possible rape of Zahra by two men, and given the local sentiment around hickory, finally given he can't leave per LE while this is all ongoing. Well, given all those things - He would be a fool not to be laying low right now for his own safety, innocent or guilty. MOO

I think there's little doubt of his involvement after the unsealing of the search warrants...I by when we get to actually read them the entire poll on this thread is going to topple over!

100% Guilty IMO.

Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, AB? Or weeks ago? Which is it? No matter how distraught I am there is no way I could not know the day I last saw my daughter.

I do not want to decide what I think the warrants reveal or don't reveal based on some reporter's interpretation. I wish they would just link the d*mn PDFs already!

I do not want to decide what I think the warrants reveal or don't reveal based on some reporter's interpretation. I wish they would just link the d*mn PDFs already!

I KNOW!! I'm about ready to fly to NC and scan them myself. =)

100% Guilty IMO.

Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, AB? Or weeks ago? Which is it? No matter how distraught I am there is no way I could not know the day I last saw my daughter.

I agree with you. Then 10 seconds later I doubt myself. Then 20 seconds later, I disagree. Then I agree again. :banghead:

I'm sure more will be uncovered shortly... but there's still this part of me that wonders if EB was keeping AB in the dark at first. The warrant states that LE was initially suspicious due to the conflicting stories between the Bakers. It just seems to me that if two people were in on something like this together - and with the amount of time she/they hestitated before dialing 911 - they'd have plenty of time to at least get the simple details straight. "OK. So we went to bed, she was fine... you peeked it at 2:00 am... then this morning she was gone..." LE usually trips people once they start into the more convulated details that perps don't think to cover - not on what was likely the first question of "when did you see her last?"

I dunno. It just seems so odd that they wouldn't have the basics covered. To me this might indicate that EB had AB following some sort of script without fully knowing what was going on (a "Zahra's fine - we're just scamming your boss out of $" sort of thing, perhaps) and AB was peppering EB's script with what he actually knew as truth (hence the obvious discrepencies).

Either that... or I guess he could just not be that bright and was screwing up their simple cover story. And if that's true- it would explain her anger that HE screwed up the story, yet SHE got hauled off to jail.

See - there I go. Changing my d*mn mind again! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammyC37