• Involved in both the cover-up and the murder

Votes: 85 41.7%
  • Involved only by failure to stop any crime

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Not involved whatsoever

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • I am completely undecided on the matter of AB's involvement

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • Gross negligence and cover up of body.

Votes: 45 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Essies-Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would notice I was brand new.. ;) This seems like a great place for thoughtful exchange of ideas. I look forward to posting more. Thanks for the welcome!

BBM. Sweetmop you've said exactly what I've been thinking. I find it incomprehensible that a parent could dismember their own child and like tlcox said, I've also been up, down and all around with the thought of AB's involvement. IMO I think it's possible that EB could have done most of this on her own and then enlisted help from a third party to dismember and bury Zahra's remains. But who would want to get involved in this horrendous crime? Someone as dark as EB herself, her soul mate perhaps?

-----------------------

Hi to both.I also feel the same as you.I dont want to think a "father" could do
this to his child.I think she did it herself possibly the reason she cut her up.Zahra may have been too heavy for her to carry around.If he helped her it would possibly be after the murder.I wonder if LE.has any idea as to how "professional" a job was done.If he did it,(dismemberment) being used to cutting up trees etc.he may have done a neater (OH GOD) job.
....I pray that eventually Zahras mom will recieve her ashes for burial in Au..:Welcome::Welcome:

I've been back and forth in my thinking about AB's involvement and I mostly think no he wasn't involved at all. That is until I listen to his 911 call again. Right there is where he shows his guilt IMO.

I totally agree with your post. The 911 call is the deciding factor to me also. I voted that AB was involved in the death and cover-up for that reason alone. There is no way (IMO) that AB didn't know what was going on in that home. Yes, I'm sure he has been manipulated by EB, but he married her and moved to a foreign country for her. He could have left EB if he didn't agree with her treatment of Zahra, but he chose to stay. It kind of reminds me of an old saying of my G-ma's...."If you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas." And as far as I am concerned, they were both infested with fleas.

Oh my goodness I forget to tell you the saddest of my conversation with the giru locals....
One of the girls is a teachers aide at the school and she said that after AB married EB Zahra came to school and was really happy, she told my friend "Mrs G I've got a mummy now"......
Heartbreaking.

BBM

This is when Emily should have been consulted.

AB/KB knew that Emily had interest in Zahra's life, they just kept moving to avoid her. Did AB think that by going to the US his problems were solved concerning Emily? AB was thinking with the wrong head and chose the gothwitch over his daughter.

IMHO

His thinking was completely wrong, but more likely, IMHO, that his reasoning was that since Emily was not a part of Zahra's life anyway, moving her several thousand miles away wouldn't make any difference to Zahra, and was able to convince himself, probably with EB's help, that it was also in Zahra's best interests - she would have a Mummy in an idyllic new family situation and that would more than make up for what Zahra was going to lose by leaving friends and extended family. I think in his mind, he would be giving up his lonely life for the excitement of moving to a new country to start a fresh life, and it was Emily, not EB he saw as the devil and therefore Zahra was best away from her. He didn't understand that he was trading a loving mother who wanted to be part of Zahra's life, and good life for Zahra with good people in a great community, for a life of hell with the devil. It just wasn't the way he saw the situation. So the decision he thought he made was not choosing EB over Z, but choosing EB over ED, with a greater benefit to Z as well as himself. I'm not excusing him at all, it was a terrible decision to make, but that's the way I see it playing out in his head.

I heard it too, the voice saying Mommy or Mummy on the 911 call. Could they have planned to have used Zahra as a staged kidnapping and something happened that caused them to decide that they needed to make her really disappear? Maybe she caught on to what they were attempting and decided that she would tell the police? I dont know, but it sure sounds like a child in the background.

I heard it too, the voice saying Mommy or Mummy on the 911 call. Could they have planned to have used Zahra as a staged kidnapping and something happened that caused them to decide that they needed to make her really disappear? Maybe she caught on to what they were attempting and decided that she would tell the police? I dont know, but it sure sounds like a child in the background.

I have heard it too but I think there was either another child there or it was just noise on the tape. No way they could have killed, dismembered, and cleaned up after the call. They would have been being watched. JMO

:bump:

Discuss whether you think AB was involved with the death and/or disposal (or not) here.

BUMP

Now as of this latest news, I think and believe without any reservation that AB was well aware that Zahra was not missing the day the 911 call was made, that he was well aware that she was dead and had been disposed of and the method and where she had been disposed of... JMHO.

I think and believe that he at the least had knowledge beforehand of her disposal if not directly involved himself. JMHO

I still am unsure which hand directly murdered Zahra (AB, EB or AB+EB) but even if he did not strike a blow I think and believe he is legally culpable for her murder. JMHO.

I am extremely cautious before I post on here an opinion about a family member's involvement because what we type here can be read years from now but I post today without any reservations. This man is culpable in his daughter's murder and her disposal.

all JMHO.

I think LE has a pretty good idea of whether the September 24 date makes sense. If it is accurate, then I think there is no way AB could not be involved. This is the conclusion I come to when I add the idea that Zahra would have been missing for two weeks to AB's totally inappropriate demeanor on the 911 call. (I am not one of those who says there is a particular way a person must act in an emergency or tragedy, and I know people react in different ways, but I still say he sounded like he was following a general script as to what he should say. The whole thing seemed extremely contrived--and poorly thought out!)

JMO

And there's that bloody lion again! :floorlaugh: It's bigger than the pictures of EB's kids on the other wall.

And there's that bloody lion again! :floorlaugh: It's bigger than the pictures of EB's kids on the other wall.

rofl rofl rofl oh god i never even noted the size of those pics lol will have to look again

Something I'm confused about - do we know if there was any odor of decomp in the house? With all the rooms we've heard they may have pulled tissue (or other) out of, I don't understand how there was no odor - a couple weeks back DD's cat brought a bird in the house. I found a few feathers in the BR and Nursery, but DD assured me that the cat would take them back out of the house at times, so we assumed it was gone.

A couple days later, the NSY developed a very bad (ie - the worst) dirty diaper type odor - the next day after being out of the house for hours, I gagged when I came into the hall way outside the NSY - I knew that odor and quickly located the remains of a very small (hummingbird sized) bird in the NSY behind the dresser. It's hard to believe such a tiny bird could create that much stench - ugh just thinking about it now makes me feel ill.

So how could there not have been that same (only human) odor of decomp after what happened in that house, in the days following the events? IMO human decomp is so much worse. Would that not have been a red flag for AB that all was not fine with his baby girl?

From experience...I was in a house (more that twice the size of the Baker house) where a body had been found. The dead person was in the house approx. 10-12 after death. I enter the house 24 hrs. AFTER the body was removed. The odor was AWFUL.

Adam had to have known, IMO.

Snipped:

Last week, Hickory police turned over the majority of their investigation to the D.A. Zahra's autopsy is not yet complete, but the file is stuffed with recorded interviews, reports and detailed backgrounds on Zahra, her parents and other relatives.

"I've been doing this 26 years, and I've never seen a case file this big," says Hickory police Major Clyde Deal. "That poor little girl went through things that no 10-year-old should go through."

And:

Adam Baker called 911 on Oct. 9 to report his daughter missing.

He told the dispatcher in the 2 p.m. phone call: "We checked (on Zahra) last night about 2:30 and she was there."

He went on to say his daughter might have been kidnapped.

He then explained with a chuckle why he hadn't seen Zahra in nearly 12 hours: "My daughter is I think coming into puberty so she's hitting that brooding stage. So we only see her when she comes out when she wants something."

But as investigators plunged in, Adam Baker's story changed. Police say he told investigators later on Oct. 9 that he hadn't seen Zahra since Wednesday, three days earlier.

It remains unclear whether Adam Baker knew his daughter had been missing for days or possibly weeks - or whether he believed she was somewhere safe. He has declined to discuss the case.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/29/2021455/will-there-be-
justice-for-zahra.html#ixzz1CVPN3z7j

Carrying over from media thread. Good article, quite long, it is good to see some coverage. They say the majority of the case file was turned over last week.

:floorlaugh:

(sorry mods...that lion just gives me raging giggle fits.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth