Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats right blame drug dealers and such...when it's as plain as day to most of us.....this is a witch hunt. After the fact attempting to make things fit to their lack of facts and truth. This is not how investigations are ran. I'm 100% there was no break in and that it was infanticide...by the mother. JMO

I wasn't there. Therefore I have no clue as to whom is responsible. To state that I am sure, would make ME feel horrible, about myself. But reading other's opinions about this case, is what makes it interesting. Thanks Cherry for sharing yours. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...z-prime-suspects-search-enters-fifth-day.html

Scotland Yard detectives searching for Madeleine McCann in Portugal have been granted permission to question their prime suspects, it has emerged.

Police identified eight local men earlier this year who they believe could hold the key to solving the mystery of Madeleine’s disappearance.

The suspects, three of whom are convicted drug dealers, were traced from phone records linking them to Praia da Luz on the night Madeleine was last seen alive.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-search-enters-fifth-day.html#ixzz33soNtRU7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting! Eight prime suspects!

Well, if they think it's a gang thing, I guess there would likely be several suspects. We've had a couple of cases like that in the Boston-Providence-Hartford area over the years.

Hard to figure what a respectable British professional family would do to run afoul of a Portuguese gang, though.

...I'm just sitting here rolling my eyes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'm just sending you a big ole hug! ;) Take care of those eyes girlie! :banghead:

On vacation, in a foreign country?? how often does that happen? What are the statistics for that?

I think there are a bunch of possibilities but none lead me back to the McCanns.
What if MAdeleine walked out of the room and got lost and ran into people that took her?
That close that certainly seems possible to me. No plan at all. The kid was there and in the way and they were seen and that is that.

Do you mean inside the apartment?

Outside she did not go on her own. For that she would need to:
1. open the blind
2. open the window
3. open bedroom door
4. open curtains in the sitting room
5. open the balcony doors
6. close the curtains in the sitting room.
7. close the balcony door behind herself
8. open the gates
9. close the gates after herself

This is what Kate McCanns is pointed as a reason why Madeleine hasn't walked out on her own.

Do you mean inside the apartment?

Outside she did not go on her own. For that she would need to:
1. open the blind
2. open the window
3. open bedroom door
4. open curtains in the sitting room
5. open the balcony doors
6. close the curtains in the sitting room.
7. close the balcony door behind herself
8. open the gates
9. close the gates after herself

This is what Kate McCanns is pointed as a reason why Madeleine hasn't walked out on her own.

Just because Kate did not think she did that, does not mean she didn't. There are plenty of 2 yr olds that have been known to break out of homes and be found outside.

thats right blame drug dealers and such...when it's as plain as day to most of us.....this is a witch hunt. After the fact attempting to make things fit to their lack of facts and truth. This is not how investigations are ran. I'm 100% there was no break in and that it was infanticide...by the mother. JMO

BBM

How can you be 100% certain? Do you have any forensic evidence to back that up?

Could this all of been a drug deal gone bad?
Just thinking out loud.
Tourists some times play around with drugs in other countries?
no opinion either way

Just because Kate did not think she did that, does not mean she didn't. There are plenty of 2 yr olds that have been known to break out of homes and be found outside.

Like little Caylee Anthony?

It doesn't surprise me if a parent would feel that their child wouldn't do something just because they never did it before. There's always a first time though and that may be what happened in this case.

MOO.

Like little Caylee Anthony?

Not at all the same.

It doesn't surprise me if a parent would feel that their child wouldn't do something just because they never did it before. There's always a first time though and that may be what happened in this case.

MOO.

I have friends who had their kids escape. It is not hard. My neighbor used to come out nearly every day because his 3 yr old would go out strip down to a diaper and run around.. :)

The middle Carbuff was about that age when he figured out how to use the key in the deadbolt to open the front door and get out of the house while I was busy with the supper dishes...the lock was at least a foot and a half above his head.

Not saying she did get out. Only that a kid that age is inventive and often more dexterous than you think, and if she was feeling left out and took it in her head to go join her parents, or something, it wouldn't do to underestimate what she might have been capable of.

What's the statistics for young children wandering outside alone and disappearing into thin air?

What's the statistics for young children wandering outside alone and disappearing into thin air?

I'm not sure of the statistics but I'm sure that it can happen.

That's why I'm not a big fan of using statistics to come to a conclusion. Just because something rarely happens doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

MOO.

I wonder when that resort was built? It is interesting (but also heartbreaking) that police are searching sewers.

Here's an article from 2000, with a Praia de Luz official upset about sewage flowing into rivers and beaches, and local councils promising the problem will be fixed 'shortly'. Madelaine disappeared years later, but I wonder if all the problems had been resolved then, and if the same thing was happening around the resort?

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/view/565-23

Dec 2013, there were evidently still problems with pollution in Portuguese waters:
http://algarvedailynews.com/news/758-olhao-shellfish-dispute-are-oil-companies-behind-the-ban

If there were problems, anything disposed of in a sewer could have been washed straight into a water course, or out to sea. The sea would have brought it back though. It usually does, and people who live near the sea know that.

ETA: And this year. http://portugalresident.com/faro-at-mercy-of-untreated-sewage

If they are old sewers though, fallen into disuse as the resort was built, they would have been an ideal hiding place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx