Actor Morgan Freeman in an Accident

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gosh! I'm sorry to hear this. I looked for anything new, all reports are the same.

I'll pray for Mr Freeman's speedy recovery.

He really is a great actor!

fran

I really hope he will be ok. He is one of my favorites!!! Prayers for him.

Fox News is now reporting he has a broken arm and shoulder but is expected to recover. He was with an unidentified woman...he's married, so let's hope this was his wife, but it doesn't sound like it. No condition given on the female. A friend and business partner of Freeman's says maybe he fell asleep at the wheel...and that he is sitting up and talking at the hospital.

Fox News is now reporting he has a broken arm and shoulder but is expected to recover. He was with an unidentified woman...he's married, so let's hope this was his wife, but it doesn't sounds like it.
I am glad he is ok.

I heard this news about Morgan Freeman this morning also. I truly hope he is okay. He is the most underrated actor in Hollywood,with his tremendous talent,I'm surprised he never won a Academy award yet!

I heard this news about Morgan Freeman this morning also. I truly hope he is okay. He is the most underrated actor in Hollywood,with his tremendous talent,I'm surprised he never won a Academy award yet!

He actually did win for Best Supporting Actor in Million Dollar Baby - Clint Eastwood's film a few years back. I sure hope he's okay - I really love his work.

Fox News is now reporting he has a broken arm and shoulder but is expected to recover. He was with an unidentified woman...he's married, so let's hope this was his wife, but it doesn't sound like it. No condition given on the female. A friend and business partner of Freeman's says maybe he fell asleep at the wheel...and that he is sitting up and talking at the hospital.

I read about a month ago that MF and his wife were splitting up cuz he was messin' around.

I like him, too.. I pray he will be ok... :blowkiss:

The Mississippi news is reporting that he is going to be okay. Hope so.

I hope so, too, mindyme. I love him ... he's a phenomenal actor!
Prayers for MF! (Wouldn't you hate to have those initials!! ;) )

On our local news, they reported that the unidentified female was in fact his wife. I hope they are both going to be okay, I absolutely love Morgan Freeman.

This article:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20216749,00.html

identifies her as Demaris Meyer. Is that his wife?

No, I think his wife's name is Myrna? When I heard on the news that it was his wife, I was a little unsure, since soooo many reports are saying she was unidentified female. I don't know the status of his marital situation but I hope both Morgan and the female passenger will make a complete and quick recovery.

The Mississippi news is reporting that he is going to be okay. Hope so.

yes, that's what i heard on the radio, on the way home from work....he's got some broken bones, one being a broken arm (or leg) & the other, i can't remember....i'm glad he's going to be ok:)

Regarding having the initials MF....my best friend's last name is Ferguson. Her son's friends keep calling her Mother F. We're all doing it now!

Mr. Freeman also has a broken shoulder, ouch! They said he was talking and joking at the scene.
He did so much for us after Katrina, I adore him.

The car (a 1997 Nissan Maxima, nothing flashy) belonged to Demaris Meyer. MF was driving - the road is narrow and rural, he dropped a tire off the pavement and lost control - the car flipped multiple times, they both had on seetbelts, the airbags did not deploy. Demaris (who is said to be a friend of MF) was injured, but not badly - she had to be cut from the car and BOTH were airlifted 100 miles to Memphis. MF has broken ribs, dislocated shoulder and broken arm and elbow but will be OK. He was alert and joking at the scene and in the hospital. He was to have surgery later today to correct the fractures, etc. He is in stable but serious condition - at least until the orthopedic work is completed.
Here is one source...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080804/people_nm/freeman_accident_dc

My Opinion

Seems like he was banged up but will be OK. Just coincidental that I watched a movie of his Saturday night and remarked to my daughter how much I loved his work. Then I read about his accident.I haven't seen any movies for way over a year so it is kinda weird. I really do love the work I have seen him in when I could watch it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back