AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AFTER the hearing - who do you find more credible?

• The alleged survivor of sexual abuse?

Votes: 65 70.7%
  • The alleged rapist?

Votes: 27 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen it. But anything prior to 25 years, is irrelevant. There is no reported crime, evidence, it does not meet the criteria for not being sworn in.

Emmett Till, was killed, based on testimony alone, that his "victim" later recanted as untrue. There are numerous convictions of innocent people, based on testimony. While this is not a criminal trial, testimony is not credible for evidence. To me.

I don't have enough information or evidence to make a determination and would not feel comfortable making a judgment about either person to be honest. Watching the testimony today has made me glad I'm exempt from sitting on a jury for health reasons.

After seeing the exchange where the nominee challenged Senator Klobachar, I have very little respect for him. He started out complementing the senator and saying that he had respect for her. When she asked him questions, he evaded. Then, when she asked about his drinking and blackouts. He refused to answer her question and demanded that she answer her question about her behavior. That just says a lot about what this man thinks he is entitled to. If when he is drunk he gets into that mindset, I could see a situation like this happening, especially as a young drunk man. It was all about control of her and the conversation---scary to me. He is disqualified based on that type of behavior.

Watching our senators (Grahm) lose their marbles on global TV was not all that comforting either!

That Graham dude sounded like a pt we would put in seclusion until they could calm themselves!

He growled kinda like Hopkins in the movie with Jodie Foster.

Watching our senators (Grahm) lose their marbles on global TV was not all that comforting either!

That Graham dude sounded like a pt we would put in seclusion until they could calm themselves!

He growled kinda like Hopkins in the movie with Jodie Foster.
LOL
He actually bared his teeth.The anger over this is scary.
I still support Dr.Ford. Especially after witnessing the crazy from Kavanaugh today and his refusal to support an FBI investigation.IMO

I have a theory, I think they, the boys, were drunk... As inebriated as Professor Ford describes. Teenagers do not handle alcohol well. And, because the inhibitions were out the window the rowdy boys got very carried away but did not really intend to harm her? From the professor's testimony I figure this whole exchange lasted about a couple of minutes? I wish someone had asked that question. What happened to Professor was horrible. The professor was an emotional but measured woman and I think this is all so subjective, such as what is traumatic event for one may be no big deal to another.

Their behavior was not something new, or a one off, as is detailed in Mark Judge's book, sloppy, drunken, entitled, party boys, but the shocker came when the incident with Professor Ford was characterized as sexual assault some 36 years later. That gave it a new reality.

So I think the genuine outrage from Kavanaugh stems from not his behavior back then but from his intent. Something like, 'this is not who he is'. He has a lot women friends from back then supporting him, too. I think the boys have made a pact of silence because they are scared to death, their lives would be ruined.

Where I feel a FBI investigation is needed is in the thorough questions missed at the hearing, determining a date, location, filling in and the gathering of facts from all parties in an impartial setting with an impartial agent.

Unless the other allegations have merit I would charactize Kavanaugh as socially very immature?

So, I believe Professor Ford's account, and think the boys were very drunk and honestly didn't believe what they did was sexual assault.

wow...No one corroborated any of her accusations against him. The most recent accusation, that he was in a crew that gang raped girls for TWO YEARS of high school, was a pathetic joke. His daughters had to hear of these accusations, which are totally unfounded.

And it seems that everyone here is mocking him, assuming he is a rapist? Wondering why he seemed upset and unhinged?

wow...our country is in a very bad way. Does #metoo now mean that every accusation, even uncorroborated ones from 40 years ago are automatically TRUE?

This man has devoted his entire life to public service. He has no history of being a drunk. He partied in high school and college, like every other student I know.

He wouldn't have accomplished what he did if he had been a hapless, blackout drunk. He was first in his class, lettered in 3 sports and did lots of charity/volunteer work.

And a woman can say he groped her 40 years ago, and no one else remembers it but her---and I am supposed to throw this man out on his ear, on her word?

Her therapist never wrote down HIS name. How do we know it was him?

Why doesn't she know whose house she was in? How can he fight the charges, give an alibi if she doesn't know where they were? Did she go to parties at 15 where she didn't know whose party it was?

It saddens me that everyone is so absolutely certain that he is guilty. But without any real evidence. My son's best friend was arrested and charged with date rape in his 2nd year of college. It nearly ruined his entire life. SHE LIED AND FALSELY ACCUSED HIM. After 6 months the cops realized it was a lie and dropped the charges but the major damage was done already.

This is very sad...

The victim was totally more believable.
Not only did I feel the sincerity and anguish in her testimony, but what really solidified my feeling is when he referred to 'this thing'. Sexual assault is just that...not 'this thing'. I wonder if any of his loved ones were ever sexually assaulted if he would refer to it as 'this thing'.

wow...No one corroborated any of her accusations against him. The most recent accusation, that he was in a crew that gang raped girls for TWO YEARS of high school, was a pathetic joke. His daughters had to hear of these accusations, which are totally unfounded.

And it seems that everyone here is mocking him, assuming he is a rapist? Wondering why he seemed upset and unhinged?

wow...our country is in a very bad way. Does #metoo now mean that every accusation, even uncorroborated ones from 40 years ago are automatically TRUE?

This man has devoted his entire life to public service. He has no history of being a drunk. He partied in high school and college, like every other student I know.

He wouldn't have accomplished what he did if he had been a hapless, blackout drunk. He was first in his class, lettered in 3 sports and did lots of charity/volunteer work.

And a woman can say he groped her 40 years ago, and no one else remembers it but her---and I am supposed to throw this man out on his ear, on her word?

Her therapist never wrote down HIS name. How do we know it was him?

Why doesn't she know whose house she was in? How can he fight the charges, give an alibi if she doesn't know where they were? Did she go to parties at 15 where she didn't know whose party it was?

It saddens me that everyone is so absolutely certain that he is guilty. But without any real evidence. My son's best friend was arrested and charged with date rape in his 2nd year of college. It nearly ruined his entire life. SHE LIED AND FALSELY ACCUSED HIM. After 6 months the cops realized it was a lie and dropped the charges but the major damage was done already.

This is very sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member