Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of old (pre trial) but it is a handwritten letter JA wrote to the judge BEGGING to keep Nurmi from withdrawing from her case. I thought after reading it, that it was NOTE WORTHY, hope you guys do.

http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=9422...u2&doc=139833553&key=key-2gxotllz9sge8erm21fo

*UGH*
I know her life is/was on the line, and this trial is it for her.
However, if I were a judge reading this all I would see is "ME, ME, ME...give ME special treatment....it has to be MY way or NO way". She seems to think somehow she deserves more than your average defendant in terms of representation. You are SO special Jodi :facepalm:
Probably because I have watched her for months and that is her vibe, but this letter just seems to get under your skin, in a bad, bad way.

It is challenging and it is rewarding. You are correct! My specialty has been traumatized kids, but I am taking a break right now, as my son has special needs and was victimized and we had a horrible DA and the perp went free, So after helping victims for my entire career, I am having difficulty that others did not step up for my child. He is scarred for life.

So I may go back to law school and fight the bad guys in a different way, armed with my psych experience.

Travis was such a nice guy. It is very evident he saw the best in people and tried to be gentle with JA in distancing himself. He had no idea how dangerous she was until it was too late. He absolutely was a victim and she absolutely was the perpetrator. I was disgusted with ALV and Samuels. Grrrrrrrrr!

Darkhorse I am so sorry for your troubles.

Like a moth to the flame, I can't stay away from my addiction to this trial - EVEN ON MOTHER'S DAY! Happy Mother's Day to all the WS Moms!

For those who may have missed it, Travis's close friend from PPL, Tony Hughes, was on Dr. D. Friday night relating an interesting conversation he had with Travis in the hot tub just days before he was murdered. One story was just freaking creepy! Travis would be awakened from his sleep to the sounds of JA vacuuming his floors - unwanted and uninvited!!!

I don't think anything less than an exorcism would have driven JA away!

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/10/travis-opens-about-jodi-days-murder

A worthwhile read, including the comments:

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/02/16/female-stalkers-part-2-checklist-of-stalking-and-harassment-behaviors/

I have been googling and searching for an hour. I am particularly offended by Jodi's Post Conviction Interview where she says she is raising money (the t-shirts) because she previously thought they had plenty of Federal Funding, however that is not the case, they need her.

AHHH! ok, got that out.

I'm zooming right past the fact she is not a domestic violence survivor...Is there any legitimate organization that is working with her at all, are there any speaking out against her?

I cannot forgive that family for wearing ribbons symbolizing Jodi's fight with DV and their call for support of all DV Victims.

That will bring even more bad Karma than they have had. They know she is not abused.

What group if any is in any way siding with her?

Darkhorse I am so sorry for your troubles.

Thanks, the Farm! Laws of attraction did not apply to me! But at least we have our child, unlike so many here. There is much evil and corruption in this world. But much good too.

It helps watching an amazing prosecutor as it restores my faith in humainty. So does reading all the fighters here. I hope the DT brings up a #6 mitigating actor so JM can show that recent interview. Her goose will be cooked.

If you have ever seen Jodi's art, go look at the one of the black and white mixed color of the butterfly. Sketched flowers in the background. Look carefully, its a hand about to crush the butterfly and kill it. That's what it looks like to me. A hand, 4 fingers (missing the bent finger...which probably fell off)

I'm beginning to think that JA has a personality disorder unique to herself. Literally rolling BPD, ASD, narcissistic disorder, histrionic disorder, sociopathy, psychopathy anda few others into a whole new disorder. I think they should call it Arias disorder.

To piggy back off your quote, I have been trying to think of the one thing (given all these traits) that if I could, say to her, that would cut her to the core. Not the usual, you are hated, you are despicable...she's use to hearing that.

Just the one thing.............that would shake her being. I cant figure out what it would be. :banghead:

How pathetic is it that as I soon as I returned from Mother's Day Brunch with my daughter, her bf and his family, I changed into my comfy clothes and sat right down to check out WS? I know you all understand though! :)

A friend of mine just sent me this:

Some comments from famous mothers! :-)

MONA LISA'S MOTHER: "After all that money your father and I spent on
braces, that's the biggest smile you can give us?"

COLUMBUS' MOTHER: I don't care what you've discovered, you still could
have written!"

MICHELANGELO'S MOTHER: "Can't you paint on walls like other children? Do
you have any idea how hard it is to get that junk off the ceiling?"

NAPOLEON'S MOTHER: "All right, if you aren't hiding your report card inside
your jacket, take your hand out of there and show me."

ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S MOTHER: "Again with the hat? Can't you just wear a
baseball cap like the other kids?"

GEORGE WASHINGTON'S MOTHER: "The next time I catch you throwing money
across the Potomac, you can kiss your allowance good-bye!"

THOMAS EDISON'S MOTHER: "Of course I'm proud that you invented the
electric light bulb. Now turn it off and get to bed!"

PAUL REVERE'S MOTHER: "I don't care where you think you have to go, young
man, midnight is past your curfew."

And, of course, these two, who really did have Jewish mothers:

ALBERT EINSTEIN'S MOTHER: "But it's your senior picture. Couldn't you do
something about your hair?"

MOSES' MOTHER: "That's a nice story. Now tell me where you've really been
for the last forty years

Did anyone watch Geraldo last night? I personally don't care for him, but I read that he was going to have the entire interview by Troy Hayden so I recorded it and watched it this a.m.

OMG, everything that comes out of Jodi's mouth is such a farce and a lie - it was just another opportunity for her to state once again her fabricated story, which thankfully was completely rejected by the jury and anyone with an ounce of common sense.

It is so frustrating. Wait till the jury hears it - they will realize what a great job they did in finding her guilty of Murder in the First Degree!!!!

So I am siting here in San Diego, in the hotel restaurant by myself staring into the laptop, catching up on the thread about jail clothes, etc and I started wondering;

why is it such a big deal as to why Jodi was shackled, not shackled, in jail or not. Why was the jury removed for half an hour for unshackling for 5 minutes of testimony. Wouldn't they assume, or know she was in jail considering she admitted to a murder. The jury was shown all the interrogation videos. Don't you think they would KNOW she is in jail? WHO CARES what she is wearing. WHO? Why? What the F?

Honestly, I don't give a flock! DO NOT CARE. Just get her to the court on time. FGS.

I absolutely agreed with this until I attended the trial of my brother-in-law's murderer, whom I had never seen before the trial. Even knowing the brutal way my BIL was killed, his murderer looked so young and innocent-looking in his suit and tie, and I was beginning to wonder how he could have done such a horrible thing. Then, after his conviction, he was removed from the courtroom and brought back 15 minutes later for sentencing in orange jumpsuit and shackles. The difference was shocking to me. He had the same face, haircut, and lack of expression, but all of a sudden he looked menacing to me instead of innocent. In this case, he was guilty and deserved his life sentence. But if he wasn't, I understand how the jail clothes could influence a juror's perception.

I have been googling and searching for an hour. I am particularly offended by Jodi's Post Conviction Interview where she says she is raising money (the t-shirts) because she previously thought they had plenty of Federal Funding, however that is not the case, they need her.

AHHH! ok, got that out.

I'm zooming right past the fact she is not a domestic violence survivor...Is there any legitimate organization that is working with her at all, are there any speaking out against her?

I cannot forgive that family for wearing ribbons symbolizing Jodi's fight with DV and their call for support of all DV Victims.

That will bring even more bad Karma than they have had. They know she is not abused.

This was especially infuriating to me as well. One support site (the innocent one) rolled out a big blitz, naming Long beach women's shelter. I sent them a link and an email letting them know that I was sure they would not be involved in fundraising with her. I can imagine I was one of many that contacted them. Their name was not even properly accredited on the site, and it said "a portion of the proceeds" would go to the shelter. The shelter came out within a day distancing from that "survivor" fundraiser. I am on the east coast and not plugged in with California DV movement, but I am quite certain that ALV and her association with Womenshelter of Long beach might be problematic for many DV victims. Legitimate victims are outraged by JA's attempts at an abuse excuse.

Her interview was infuriating for so many reasons. Luckily the jurors saw she was not a victim.

Was this already posted?

May 12, 2013 at 9:13 am
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052013/m5764131.pdf

Counsel for the Defendant moves to dismiss the death penalty option.

Apparently the Defense is back with their silly motions...

I don't have an exact count of how many times Nurmi has motioned to dismiss the death penalty but he has done this several times (four? five?) with this court, once or twice before trial began, and once as an emergency motion filed with the state supreme court. All, including the emergency motion were denied.

I believe it is normal/routine for defense to motion for dismissal of the DP but I am not sure it is typical to do it so often for the same case. But I do not claim to know everything so maybe it is.

At any rate, the state supreme court denied Nurmi's DP dismissal motion at least once already. I suspect a new motion to be filed there very soon, and I expect that will be denied also. JMO.

What happened in court on Thursday?

I know about the motion to dismiss the dealth penalty, etc., but that happened early on.
The defendant in psych ward and brought to the courthouse by Lower Buckeye transportation?

OK.

THEN what happened?

I know it doesn't help you but I still don't know. I don't know if anybody who can talk about it does know.

This was especially infuriating to me as well. One support site (the innocent one) rolled out a big blitz, naming Long beach women's shelter. I sent them a link and an email letting them know that I was sure they would not be involved in fundraising with her. I can imagine I was one of many that contacted them. Their name was not even properly accredited on the site, and it said "a portion of the proceeds" would go to the shelter. The shelter came out within a day distancing from that "survivor" fundraiser. I am on the east coast and not plugged in with California DV movement, but I am quite certain that ALV and her association with Womenshelter of Long beach might be problematic for many DV victims. Legitimate victims are outraged by JA's attempts at an abuse excuse.

Her interview was infuriating for so many reasons. Luckily the jurors saw she was not a victim.

And when I'm at the Beach office of mine, I can walk to Alyce LaViolettes office. I assure anyone the shelter there can do fine without Jodi. I must say the city of Long Beach is one of the tightest knit communities, many people stay near the beach, have successful businesses there and give back tons of money to all of these causes (Mercedes Benz of Long Beach for one) i know of them for another fund raiser I was doing the media for (they gave over $140k in gifts etc) And i see them as a sponsor of a couple shelters. That is so nice to see, along with other generous donors.

I would hope they would not want their name near hers

Thanks, the Farm! Laws of attraction did not apply to me! But at least we have our child, unlike so many here. There is much evil and corruption in this world. But much good too.

It helps watching an amazing prosecutor as it restores my faith in humainty. So does reading all the fighters here. I hope the DT brings up a #6 mitigating actor so JM can show that recent interview. Her goose will be cooked.

That is so great that you're going to law school to fight the bad guys! You really will be a Juanette!

I hope your son is able to heal. I'm so sorry he was hurt.

perhaps it is the one you were thinking of...or maybe not! This article ends with this:

Prosecutor Martinez, in his cross-examination, showed evidence that Ms. LaViolette’s CV contained mistakes or misstatements or perhaps worse. It is interesting to note that all of the ”mistakes” that he has identified and all of the ones presented in this article, if left unidentified, result in Ms. LaViolette appearing to be more prestigious and more accomplished than if the “mistakes” went unnoticed.

Ms. LaViolette, has spoken of her grand theory of domestic violence. It has gone unchallenged. Perhaps she should have left it that way. She will no longer go unchallenged. Her new high visibility public profile, no longer allows for that. Prosecutor Martinez will challenge her grand theory. In that I have confidence.

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-prosecutor-martinez-challenges-laviolettes-credentials/

Oh, and I apologize if someone has already provided this-I'm a bit behind.

Ugggghhhh. I could have sworn I bookmarked the site I want to speak to regarding ALV. It was called something like psychology and the law, and its a blog where these two professions intersect, and evaluates the situations according. They had an entire write-up with regard to ALV's CV and Juan's attacks on its validity. This particular post spoke specifically about ALV's claim to have 4 "published" works cited on her CV. It was a fascinating read, and the person writing the blog detailed how far ALV misleads on that part of her CV.

I'd really love to quote it, but without the source I know I shouldn't. Does this sound familiar to anyone?????

One point that was made that I feel is ok to restate, is the psychologist writing this piece believes the reason ALV was never "caught" before is bc in all her years of work her credentials were never challenged. When someoner provides their experience at a conference or other speaking engagement, NO ONE questions it...not so obviously in a court of law.

IMO this illustrates a concept I've contended from the beginning...ALV is a SELF PROCLAIMED expert, and while decades of in the trenches experience means a great deal...other than a Master's that experience is all she has. There is no certification for her experience, and clearly listing every speaking engagement she has made over the years, along with "published" works is the only thing that validates her career.

Whew...didn't mean to go off, but her demeanor and bias has enraged me!!!

To piggy back off your quote, I have been trying to think of the one thing (given all these traits) that if I could, say to her, that would cut her to the core. Not the usual, you are hated, you are despicable...she's use to hearing that.

Just the one thing.............that would shake her being. I cant figure out what it would be. :banghead:

Maybe something like...

From this day forward not one person will take your picture, interview you, look at your "art," read your "manifesto," or even really remember your name.

I bet that would rattle her.

AHHH! ok, got that out.

Guess who is associated with the Women's Shelter of Long Beach??? If you say Alyce LV...you're right! They're holding a fundraiser. If ALV is a party to JA's activities, she needs to be run out of town!

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2013/0...-sellin-t-shirts-for-battered-womens-shelter/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmaxhen