Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jurors will first decide if this killing was "especially cruel".
After they find it was, they will go on to deliberate between life/death.
If they choose life, it will be the judge's decision between LWOP, or LWP.
If they choose death.................well, she may cry a real tear then. Who knows with her.

Rundown of today, described above. Seems to be confusion here, so this is what I understand to be the sequence. Clarification/correction requested.

My understanding is that the prosecution presents its argument in the aggravation hearing and then the jury decides if aggravation was proven.

The mitigation hearing is the defense's argument in this phase of the trial. The defense attempts to show if there were mitigating factors that might warrant a lesser sentence.

"The defense team's mitigating evidence is presented during the penalty phase of the trial, after the prosecution's aggravating evidence. Juries are instructed to consider both sets of factors, but not simply to count the number of factors on each side and determine the sentence based on whether there are more aggravating or mitigating factors. Rather, jurors are expected to use their own judgment in deciding which factors carry greater weight. If the aggravating circumstances are stronger, jurors may choose a death sentence, but if the mitigating circumstances are more compelling, they must choose a life sentence." (source: http://www.capitalpunishmentincontext.org/issues/mitigation

Next would come the victim impact statements and then the jury decision regarding sentencing. If the sitting jury cannot arrive at a unanimous decision regarding the death penalty, another jury will be seated. If that second jury still cannot unanimously agree to the death penalty, sentencing is left to the judge to decide with the death penalty off the table.

Daryll is the ONLY friend or boyfriend who testified. What I think is curious is the fact that everyone else she knew in school or that she worked with over the span of her whole life seems to be in exile or hiding or under--what?-- Witness Protection?

Since people get megabucks to sell their stories to the National Enquirer, you have to wonder if they are, in fact, afraid of her. (makes sense to me).

The person I was referring ot that didn't want her near their children is Chris Hughes.

So far, no one was needed as no one had any info relevant to the case. There is also the chance that, as in most criminal cases, anything friends could add would only be detrimental to the defense, not helpful.

However, mitigation phase is not here yet. That is when any family, friends, coworkers can say something good (or send in letters) on behalf of the defendant, if they want to.

Persecuted, interesting that she has this god complex. Poor Little JA. I hope she is sick sick sick today and forced to sit there and listen listen listen to each and every word. And I hope she never forgets the things his siblings are about to say to her face. I hope she doesn't say a word when asked to. (because if she does, it will be hard to to reach into the PC and strangle her) We all know we will want to. Her actions during this case have been an ABOMINATION; and Jodi; that is what you are. So donvan, tweet about that. What an ABOMINATION your little "friend" truly is. Birds of a Feather and all that...or so they say. :sigh:

Daryll is the ONLY friend or boyfriend who testified. What I think is curious is the fact that everyone else she knew in school or that she worked with over the span of her whole life seems to be in exile or hiding or under--what?-- Witness Protection?

Since people get megabucks to sell their stories to the National Enquirer, you have to wonder if they are, in fact, afraid of her. (makes sense to me).

The person I was referring ot that didn't want her near their children is Chris Hughes.

It seems to me like she just didn't know/was friends with a lot of ppl other than ex-boyfriends and Travis' crew. She isolated herself in her obsession with trying to put on an act for all her boyfriends and trying to keep them when they got sick of her and her stalking ways.

In middle school, etc. I don't know, but there was one supposed "best friend" on NG, the one with the wedding I think? Seems to me like she probably skipped school a lot.

High school - Bobby Juarez and obsession of him.
After that - Matt M. and obsession of him.
THen - Darryl B and obsession of him.
That takes us to Travis and his friends -- and I don't need to elaborate on this.

Donovan wants to milk it for all its got...acting as her "agent" and all. Ugh, disgusting.

I think Jodi will push too far and either Donovan will get into trouble or get disgusted with her. Jodi stops at nothing to get her way.

Think Jodi is in the court house holding cell already?

Triple shackled, ankles chained, hands handcuffed to waist chain, with stun belt:rockon: Very pleasureable to visualize. Eventually she will look forward to it, means it's time for 1 hr. out of her cell. Then the body check on return:floorlaugh:

CMJAA tweeting about being persecuted by hln.

:seeya:

Cue up the "orchestra" for JA, please :

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo: :boohoo:

:boohoo::violin::boohoo::violin: :boohoo::violin:

:drumroll: :violin::violin::violin::violin: :drumroll:

OFGS. Hey, maybe don't KILL someone and then you don't have to worry about being persecuted.

She wanted fame. Did she think people were going to actually LIKE her?

BBM. Sure, what's not to like? World class photographer, Nouveau-Reanaissance artist, legal savant, Ciceronian-class orator, hairdresser to the stars, oscar-worthy actress, undiscovered supermodel, ninja master, special forces class survivalist, computer hacker extraordinaire, living nativity expert, animal behaviorist...

I am not sure as I have several pages to catch up on. However, they have changed from it being a DV situation i.e. self defense to a moment of passion I wouldn't be surprised if JA comes in to court today full of remorse. It WAS last Thursday she wanted the death penalty. A few days in the hospital may have changed her mind about that too.

She isn't remorseful anyway, and that interview proves it. I guess we will see today what they have in store for us. I can only say that at some point along with the lack of remorse the jury has to take into consideration 29 stab wounds, a slit throat, a gun shot wound and then the crazy leaves him in the shower going about her business. She left him there knowing he was dead and DID NOTHING to have him found. Nothing. No anonymous call, nothing.

K
I answered this a good while ago so don't remember the date of the Minute Entry but it was several months ago. In essence, she refused to plead remorse for something "she did in self defense"... motion was tabled until after the verdict... but I don't know which PHASE.

OFGS. Hey, maybe don't KILL someone and then you don't have to worry about being persecuted.

She wanted fame. Did she think people were going to actually LIKE her?

she's complaining that they are selecting only specific tweets to talk about.

Like as if tweets have context and if anyone cares to, can navigate over there and read them.

she's complaining that they are selecting only specific tweets to talk about.

Like as if tweets have context and if anyone cares to, can navigate over there and read them.

I seriously cannot take much more of her....

:bang:

I am not for the DP, either. But I have to look at it this way. They are on DR for years and if it is God's will, she will die. If not, something/someone will intervene and save her.

Remember all the good Ms. Anthony was going to do if she were freed? Don't everyone hold their breath.

Quick OT Prayer request.

My oldest DD and her tribe ( hubby included) are moving back in here - we do have a garage apt but it has to be reframed in. That will take a few. And there is no kitchen in there. So Please prayers that we can make this work for the next 2 years until she graduates.

Carry On.

WOW shacking up with extended family is never easy. Takes A LOT of work and patience on everyone's part. Hoping and praying for the best for you all. It's very noble to take them in, just make sure to be firm, UP FRONT, about your house rules and expectations. And also build in plenty of get away time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious