Aggravation phase #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. DeMarte? She is pretty easy on the eyes, definitely smart and not afraid to stand her ground. A-OK in my little book.

I thought Dr. Hays was adorable, especially her GA drawl - "Are we leaving lyin', tigers, and bears now?"

""""""""IMO, slicing a man's throat from ear to ear while he is still alive is cruelty.""""

Yes, I agree, the throat slashing alone is enough.
I hope JM underlines that while TA had already sustained Mortal Wounds, meaning Death was perhaps a minute to a few away JA is NOT a Doctor, she did Not know how long it would take for TA to breathe his last breath. It was the Slashing of his Throat, which came After the stabbings, and if any Jurors are unsure about when the Bullet to the Head came, it is totally irrelevant as far as the Throat Slashing is concerned.

Travis was still alive when she near decapitated him with that deep Throat Slashing. That in and of itself is more than Cruel, that act alone was Premeditated Murder, one of several PM. For all JA knew TA might have still been able to live if an EM Team got to the house quickly, even though it was really too late, she didn't know that ... she had to be 100%+ Sure that he was DEAD.

Another poster, a few threads ago, thought he died quick and would not have suffered!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Even CA would have said RU kidding me??????!!!!!!!

I didn't even see his reaction but I saw him very quickly leave the courtroom right after the jury left and they briefly went up to the Judge. He mouthed something about "heading to my office" to the family then swiftly slipped out the door.

I later heard he , along with Flores, were the first ones out and went straight to the elevator.

I heard a LONG and AMAZING story from 4 regular court watchers (Katie Wick and Stacy Fairrington as two of them) about how they got kicked off the 5th floor (NO public seats were allowed in there) and they didn't go in the elevator but in the stairwell and how every single door was locked all the way to the bottom and they were losing wifi to see the verdict. They could have gotten out the very last door but didn't want to walk out in to the crowd so ran all the way back up to the 5th floor, banged on the door and the regular security guard let them back in so they could grab a wifi. He ushered them to the elevators and lo and behold there was Martinez and Flores who invited them in to the elevator with them so they rode up, then down with them all silent. But quietly crying. They said Martinez held each of their hands with both his hands thanking them for being there as he left the elevator with slight tears in his eyes.

They felt like this was the reason they got "lost" running around trying to find a place to watch the verdict on wifi...just to have that moment.

Amazing. I was captivated during the entire story.

I will add, as I said on Tricia's radio show yesterday that any reporters (as in one named Michael Kiefer) who have inaccurately reported how Martinez has sought the cameras during this trial can "kiss my a$$". There were hundreds of media there yesterday in the courtroom and mostly out front and he quietly escaped all of it and went back to his office.

I agree Katie ... <modsnip>... in the first place JM has no control over what people think of him ... especially in Arizona where the case is being tried and the media is everywhere with their cameras and boom mikes ASKING people including many who are Arizona residents and taxpayers for their opinion. JM has a job to do and he does it so passionately well people admire and respect him. That is not wrong on any level. It is simply a fact.

:seeya: DT

Penalty phase gets to have previously excluded evidence if I recall....If I were JM...I think I'd put up a big picture of TA's mutilated body right next to a big picture of JA doing headstands, worrying about her appearance and singing in the interrogation room.

Don't forget giggling/laughing.

:rockon: My mom too! She is 71, and dammit don't drive stupid or she will let you know!

Heck I even think my mom flipper me off driving her car:blushing: (she flipper me off other times as well but I think it was the dementia/sundowning) all the while getting replused by others doing it

Very O/T but I just noticed that BEACH is at Jordan-Hare Stadium. I am an Auburn gradute so I am glad to see another Auburn person.

back to the aggravation phase - and yes I am agggravated at the cost and time of this trial but extremely happy with the verdict.

O/T WDE!!!! :seeya:

I think this suicide/death penalty crap is a PLOY!!!!

Just another one of Jodi's chess pieces.

She thinks she's smart using reverse psychology. She WANTS to live forever. She WANTS to Tweet forever and she wants that hunky Troy to keep coming to her private cell forever!!!!

Jodi should be scared out of her pants to be put do death. I would not want to see where she is going on the other side for the heinous crime that she committed.

Right?? Plus,,, shes so darn healthy. It could take awhile for the lethal injection to work.

A. very. long. time.

I read that on the last thread...did it actually happen? Yes, pictures please...

I'm usually pretty skeptical about this kind of thing but I do believe that is exactly what grandma was doing. It was in the video of the family hugging and crying on the sidewalk outside the courthouse. Sorry I don't have the link.

I'm convinced what JA is doing right now is preparing to make her statement to the jury for the mitigation phase, and I'm equally sure she wants to use that opportunity to vilify Travis one last time.

I don't know what is within the judge's discretion during mitigation statements, but I sure do hope the judge can and will make JA STFU if she tries to abuse Travis, his family and the Court one more time.

That's the thing about people with personality disorders: they seem to have NO idea that their behavior is often inappropriate and sometimes horrific to normal people. I'm sure she will try to trash TA some more because she isn't able to understand -- even now! -- that these jurors aren't buying anything she's selling and are appalled by her.

It's a beautiful thing, really. Keep digging, Jodi!

They are going to continue to push the gun-first theory and suggest that he was not consciousness/alive to suffer during the knife assault.

I can see that, except their big point was that after he got shot, he continued to threaten her verbally and run after her. So, they'll have to backtrack on that one!

Now, I could be wrong about this in Arizona -- but that's how it works here in Oregon.

My crazy boyfriend called me on his way to the store ? upset! He told me to call him as soon as the verdict was read and tell him if they had her handcuffed and shackled.
He goes she needs to be treated like the killer that she is. Lol :floorlaugh:

If the defendant claims that Travis did not suffer then when she is sentenced let her be put to death in that same 'painless' way. No, we're not that uncivilized but she deserves it.

So basically those that purchased them from EBAY now have original JA paint by numbers. How special.

They should send them back to JA, so she can decorate her cell! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Paint by number :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Travis family are the victims.

I disagree. Jodi's family didn't ask for this. Everyone she touches is paying the price. I do feel bad for her family, especially her Dad who is sick. Can you imagine your pain if this was your child who had done these awful things? What I don't like is that Jodi's mom took part in some of her scams, like the fake letters from Travis. But everyone who had any real contact with Jodi suffers in the end.

Jodi received a fair trial.

:seeya: Yes she did ... a very fair trial ...

Judge bent over backwards for Jodi and her attorneys -- even with all their unethical tactics and underhanded shenanigans !

JMO but Jodi ran that show and ran that courtroom ... no way can she b%!ch!

:moo:

REQ - Request - Party (001) 5/9/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT’S REQUEST THAT VICTIM IMPACT EVIDENCE BE PRESENTED VIA VIDEOTAPE

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...=CR2008-031021

seriously?!

What a coward ! Afraid to actually have to face the family of the man she slaughtered. She didn't have any trouble not looking at any witness JM put on the stand, why should Travis' family be any different other the murderer wants to turn some more daggers in the family's backs. I would like to read that motion - bet she used the same ignorant excuse she gave the reporter from Fox 10 during the interview.

I was watching HLN last night and Vinnie and Ryan(I think) were doing a reenactment of the murder (this was after the verdict). Vinnie showed Travis' legs and said they were bruised because JA had also stomped Travis. Was this presented in court and I missed it?

I've always thought they were from when she stuffed Travis into the shower stall. I doubt the felon was kind a gentle about it.

I read a post here last night that cracked me up. Apparently Jodie's aunt took her 82 year mother to a stripper club for her birthday. Does anyone think granny was flipping the bird in court yesterday and did y'all see Jodie flip the bird after the verdict was read lol.

Jodi gave the finger again??? Hahhahaa!! Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmaxhen