Aggravation phase #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm reading on the "other" site (the one with "innocent" in the name) because, well, for one thing I like to gloat :blushing: and for another I was genuinely curious what they had to say.

So far the funniest thing has been a comment about Sky and Chris Hughes. This commenter brings up when the Hugheses took Travis into their bedroom to discuss Jodi. "Jodi was a guest in their home! How inconsiderate!" This, apparently, is the best they can do.

They do have some things to say about the media, mostly HLN, which I'm afraid are totally warranted.

Well?

Does someone have the ultimate migraine today? :floorlaugh:

Victim impact statements via videotape? :floorlaugh:

No talking to her mother (family?) since trial started?

Jean C saying Arias' mother will not testify?

Hmmm....perhaps the family KNOWS she is full of crap and told her so!

for Juan:

for the Jurors:

and for JA (an please remove if not allowed - dont give me a TO :please:

What a coward ! Afraid to actually have to face the family of the man she slaughtered. She didn't have any trouble not looking at any witness JM put on the stand, why should Travis' family be any different other the murderer wants to turn some more daggers in the family's backs. I would like to read that motion - bet she used the same ignorant excuse she gave the reporter from Fox 10 during the interview.

I think her attorneys realize she won't be able to control herself from flipping the bird at everyone who makes an impact statement and is trying to "mitigate" THAT damage. :rockon:

Another poster, a few threads ago, thought he died quick and would not have suffered!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Even CA would have said RU kidding me??????!!!!!!!
I can't even begin to imagine the pain and horror Travis endured. From solely a legal perspective though it doesn't matter if Travis died in 30 seconds or 30 minutes. By law, the necessary predicates for the aggravating factor to prove cruelty of mental anguish, gratuitous violence, and physical pain are all but proven by the crime itself.

How long it took a victim to die has been argued on appeal and was found to be moot. The victim only needs to have suffered for a very short time and doesn't even need to have been conscious for all their wounds. This case definitely meets the merits of the factor the State is using, imo.

REQ - Request - Party (001) 5/9/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT’S REQUEST THAT VICTIM IMPACT EVIDENCE BE PRESENTED VIA VIDEOTAPE

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...=CR2008-031021

seriously?!

That makes me think that with the first motion for this Juan said heck no, the family will not sit in front of you to give you a preview. So now they want them to tape it instead. Just how low can you get?

I feel like JA has created a truly alternate reality in her head where she thinks that the lies she's spewed for years are actually true. I can't think of any other way, as a reasonable human being, that I can believe someone could be that cold, vicious and still lying and blaming the victim.

I know some people truly are innocent and will say for years that they are and this is not what happened and I feel for them, but that's simply not the case here. So I would think this would be the time you at least show slight remorse but she's built her lies up so much that she really thinks she is the ultimate victim in every way, of Travis, of Juan Martinez, of the justice system, etc. I can't even imagine what it's like to be in her head and I don't want to.

Except that according to her testimony, shooting him in the head only pizzed Travis off & after the gunshot was when he allegedly said f-ing kill you b*tch. So that won't work.

Not saying it will work, just that that's what they'll push.

Totally agree and so true when they say "a picture paints a thousand words."
That one picture of his face and his eyes reveals all of his anguish to me. Makes me cry each time I see it.

Blessings and peace to you, Travis and all of your family as well.

I agree about the picture, however.........

Juan mentioned several times in closing, quite emphatically, that there was no way ALV could tells someone's state of mind by looking at a picture.

I don't think that now he would tell the jury they can tell what Travis was feeling by looking at a picture.

For suffering - show the picture of the bathroom sink. Clearly shows someone was conscious and bleeding while being stabbed some more. And had to see the evil thing in action, that alone is enough for me. I don't think graphic autopsy photos are necessary, that sink picture really tells a story.

And here we are again no live feed no seal up; and the Judge again is LATE>

So why the delay? Where is the Seal? Why are they late (AGAIN?) Oh My now it's 4pm est?

REQ - Request - Party (001) 5/9/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT’S REQUEST THAT VICTIM IMPACT EVIDENCE BE PRESENTED VIA VIDEOTAPE

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...=CR2008-031021

seriously?!

That's pretty deplorable. And the Judge better deny this request. But I honestly don't expect anything less from this defendant or her DT. If they would they would request that no victim impact statement be made but that they can't do.

Nurmi had a lot of trouble separating what two consenting adults do in the bedroom, as well as over the phone and premeditated, cold blooded murder.

Nurmi just couldn't let that go.

The jury was too smart for Nurmi and his team!!!!

And here we are again no live feed no seal up; and the Judge again is LATE>

We don't start until 1 pm west coast time.

Are we sure that was Jodi's first time visiting with mOM since trial started?

Why didn't mom visit her in jail all of this time while she was here for the trial?

JMO ... but I don't think it was her mom's first time visiting ...

:waitasec: IIRC, her mom had been visiting her in :jail: during the trial ... and IIRC again, this came up when all that bs came up about Dr. Phil's staff visiting Jodi in :jail: ...

Oh ... and her mom was writing a book ... blah blah blah ...

JMO ... but some of her behavior reminds me so much of Cindy A ... :waitasec: I'm glad though we didn't have another George ... one was too much !

:moo:

Hi all!
What time are they supposed to start today?

:truce:

TYA

ETA nevermind! JSR just posted it!

I don't care what JA wants or doesn't want, or pretends to want or pretends to not want. I want her to receive the Death Penalty. No ifs, ands or buts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redjanmarie