aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juanminators two minute pause reminded me of when the prosecutor who handled the Susan Smith trial showed what those boys went through strapped to their seats as the car sank. That was also very horrific.

When JW was talking about adrenaline blocking pain, all she had to add was, "endorphins were released during the attack, and it actually felt good"!

How can she believe what she is saying???

Sorry... I'm late to the party and this may have been discussed already. There is just one aggravating factor, right? Cruelty? The deliberation shouldn't take that long, correct? Can they only deliberate on what Dr. Horn said today, or does any of the random stuff that Psychologist-playing-an-ME (forgot his name) said when he was on the stand as the DT's final witness count?

Keep in mind, the jurors who are deliberating this phase previously voted as follows:

7 jurors: premeditated AND felony murder

5 jurors: premeditated murder only

I'm an idiot - I forgot the difference. What is felony murder vs. not?

I heard about that, do they stink if you stomp on them?

No they do not. Sometimes when I'm really fed up to the point of cracking I will take out the fly swatter on them. I hate these insects with a passion. They don't have time to release their spray...it's awful though because some are quite large. I call them B52s because they actually DRONE...as they fly by. They sound like a mini air plane. They are also very smart.

The aggravation phase determines if the crime meets the standard to be eligible for the death penalty.

If this is found to be true, then the penalty phase begins which will determine if she gets the DP, LWOP, or LWP.

Then we'll be done, and have to find something else to do with our days

So there is still more testimony?

This is my very first post - I feel like those people who call into radio stations and say, "long time listener, first time caller"! I have been lurking for a very long time. So my two little comments are: If this isn't cruel...I don't want to hear or see what cruel must be!! And secondly, I ran into Goodwill on the way home today to look for a vase - all of these people were gathered in one section.......it was the used tvs and they had the trial on!! The camera was on JA as she attempted to cry.... One man muttered under his breath, "What a pathetic actress!!!" ...........I've learned so much reading here - thanks everyone!!

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

This is proving quite difficult.....the worst Verdict Watch Ever.

You left out her high school "art mentor", some acknowledgment of the inestimable importance of the thesaurus in her life, a shout out to the Latinas in the big house for assisting her in her "come-to-chola" moment, and her endorsement of golf pencils and tracing paper.

.. and the jury .. although she's doing pretty good with her death stare communication today, perhaps that's all she has to say.

It'll be creepy when she gets on the stand to beg for her life, I think she'll become outright demonic.

I heard about that, do they stink if you stomp on them?

No, but they shed their shells and go back into the ground. Their shells are left all over the place, even on the side of your house, on porches, etc. Quite gross! I can still hear my son's screams when, at 3 years old, he reacted to his Dad putting a shell on his sweater. Totally not good, Dad!

This is cake compared to the guilt phase. NO MATTER WHAT she is a convicted felon. That is what mattered most.

Do you guys get 17 year cicadas? We're expecting them any day (they starting to come out in Northern Virginia). Two and a half inches long, by the millions.

We are supposed to get them too! UGH, in addition to the Japanese Beetles, we'll have cicadas. I guess running to the car and leaving all windows closed will be the new way to enter summer. However, how profound to have the cicadas and FJA being sent to death so symmetrical. Like peas and carrots. Bye Bye Jodi, see you in 12 years.

Chris Williams@chriswnews#JodiArias def team arrives back at courtroom 5C. No word on a verdict but another sign that lunch is officially over. #TravisAlexander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slueth_cat