aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe they ever laughed at the victims family. WE have no idea what they were saying or thinking or what they were going through. We are seeing snap shots on tv. NO way is that an accurate depiction of what is going on..

They are human. They get to laugh and smile and twitch and whatever..

They are twins, for all we know one of them was commenting on the other ones underwear that day... But whatever it was they are not guilty of anything more than being related to the CFJA.

Then we can respectfully agree to disagree because we have differing viewpoints. :truce:

I can't imagine that anyone on the DT's side has a shred of hope that this will go their way...I don't think even JA could be so deluded.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 20s

#jodiarias mother and four family friends :thud: are seated behind her in the front row. #travisalexander family and friends fill 3 rows by jury

Will JA give another tv interview tonite? If cruelty is found...will she say in addition to never premeditating his murder that his murder was not cruel?

Prayers and thoughts to all.

The Judge has put an end to her interviews for the time being, thank you JSS!

Waiting for all the players to assemble. It takes a few minutes.

Calm, be calm..............oh, nervous!

Wow. I missed it all. How did it go? What was her royal evilness like today since conviction? How was Travis' family?
Since it is the penalty phase, it is fairly straight forward. Juan set out the case that Jodi killed Travis in a depraved manner, and he suffered terribly as evidenced by the crime scene.

DT wants the jury to consider that Travis might have been in shock with adreneline flooding his hippocampus. Several objections required a sidebar; almost none (on either side) were sustained.

Juan's rebuttal focus was about Travis being conscious and knowing he was being murdered. Jury question for Dr. Horn about the fatality and sequence of events. Dr. Horn testified adamently that the stabbing came first, the throat slashing killed him within seconds, and the gunshot went into a head already dead.

DT said Juan was shifting explanations regarding time to benefit the request for the death penalty. Bad idea for them because Juan used 2 minutes of total silence to emphasize just how long Travis suffered.

Those are the highlights as I saw it. :seeya:

Big cyber-hugs to all fellow Websleuthers !!
Going thru this trial with you all has kept me sane.
(though I still yell at the TV at times when HLN is on). lol

ugh my heart is pounding! i hope we just go straight to mitigation

YUZU me too... the magic naps WORK! A watched pot never boils ;)

lol...yay for naps. but i live in Japan, so it's Thurs. morning for me.
Breathing deeply....need the right verdict before I go to work!!

Any second now we will know. I believe if they have voted cruelty was reached, that they will vote for the DP.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 2m
+
In #JodiArias courtroom awaiting judge. Both legal teams & #Arias here. #TravisAlexander's family filling three rows in front of me.

What's the official time there were out? 1 hour 33 minutes?

That's not long at all to come to a unanimous decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth