GUILTY AK - Ashley Johnson-Barr, 10, Kotzebue, 6 Sep 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His friend found it in his jacket - he probably told her he found it in the street. Why he kept it instead of destroying it is beyond me. A real Einstein he is.
It makes you wonder why his friend was even searching his jacket in the first place?

This guy is their relative and he murdered the poor darling? WTH!!!!!!

It makes you wonder why his friend was even searching his jacket in the first place?

This guy is their relative and he murdered the poor darling? WTH!!!!!!
The affidavit said that the friend heard the phone repeatedly ringing (Ashley's dad said he kept calling) and finally tracked it to his jacket. She said when she tried to unlock it she saw Ashley's name displayed on the screen. Knowing the girl was missing she called Ashley's mom.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/arc-wordpr...ploads/2018/09/17070437/Dkt-1-1-Affidavit.pdf

So LE knew (or at least had a strong suspicion) it was him from the beginning. They just didn’t know where poor Ashley was until the phone data could be obtained & analyzed.

I agree that he has likely preyed on other children

If you take a look at the Facebook accounts of these people, Ashley’s parents and Peter Wilson and others with the same last names, you will find what I did which is a LOT of kids among the families. I am very very concerned about each of these kids’ past experiences with this guy, especially knowing now he is a relative of the Johnson-Barrs and spent time at their home on numerous occasions. It also says in the affidavit that “JJ” asked him to go pick up her children on the 4-wheeler, which makes me think he was staying with JJ and yet more kids.

"Johnson-Barr's body was transported to Anchorage so the State Medical Examiner's Office could conduct an autopsy. Taylor said the autopsy has been completed as of Monday afternoon. He did not know when Johnson-Barr's body would be sent back to Kotzebue.

Taylor described that investigators now had "quite a bit of evidence" to process from both the autopsy and connected to the scene where Johnson-Barr's body was found.

As of Monday morning, Taylor said the case could be categorized as a suspicious death investigation but not as a homicide investigation."

Feds: Suspect had missing girl's cell phone, lied about knowing her

I noticed that this article says her cell phone was found in the street. IMO-this is an odd location for her to just lose the phone herself. Also, it says it was a half mile from the park. I wish we knew what was in the area of a half mile. I had 1st thought that since there was so much water surrounding the town, that she had a tragic accident with water. Now IMO since I read the phone was found in the street IMO-she was taken in a car and the phone was lost as she was being put into the car. This is probably a really dumb question, but since the only way out of the town is on boats or by air, do locals there even have cars or do they just walk/use bikes, etc . around town?

I feel like she was intercepted in a car and the person tossed her phone.

Charging documents say an Alaska man had the cellphone of missing 10-year-old girl, and GPS coordinates of where the phone had traveled led police to the girl's body.

Peter Wilson of Kotzebue, Alaska, was formally charged Monday with making false statements as police tried to find Ashley Johnson-Barr. Wilson will make his first appearance in U.S. District Court in Anchorage on Tuesday. Online court records do not list an attorney for Wilson.

An affidavit filed by a FBI Special Agent says it appears the girl was murdered, but her death remains under investigation. The affidavit says Wilson lied to investigators when he denied knowing Ashley, even though they are related.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...st-man-charged-in-connection-with-girls-death

I feel like she was intercepted in a car and the person tossed her phone.

She was taken away on a four-wheeler. The affidavit seems pretty certain of that. There was no tossing of the phone; the phone was never in the street, it seems. He probably took it from her when he killed her, stuck it in his jacket pocket, and neglected to dispose of it. My guess is he was pretty drunk during all of this happening and clearly not thinking straight. Not a well-planned or well-executed crime at all. Pretending to not even know Ashley when there is ample evidence to the contrary is just so dumb.

Suspicious death, but not homicide?

Now, the article says the case is thought to be murder.

Make up your minds, media sources.

I feel like he means that since LE didn’t have the autopsy results yet at the time he spoke, that her death is categorized as suspicious. That category may change as evidence is processed and the cause of death becomes known.

But that either wasn’t conveyed clearly or reported clearly, or perhaps a bit of both. MOO.

From the affadavit and media reports, Wilson does not appear to be cooperating yet.

She was taken away on a four-wheeler. The affidavit seems pretty certain of that. There was no tossing of the phone; the phone was never in the street, it seems. He probably took it from her when he killed her, stuck it in his jacket pocket, and neglected to dispose of it. My guess is he was pretty drunk during all of this happening and clearly not thinking straight. Not a well-planned or well-executed crime at all. Pretending to not even know Ashley when there is ample evidence to the contrary is just so dumb.
BBM-if that is the case, I sure hope he doesn't try to use that as his defense and get out of it. IIRC-being drunk was mentioned on here earlier.

What a .

So. What’re the chances this is his first crime of his nature? A guy doesn’t wake up one day at 41 and decide to be a pedophile. Assuming that’s his motive.

I feel that it is possible it was a first time bcause he was described as keeping to self... maybe he was avoiding it.... plus this JJ who seems to sound like a gf (or relation) tasked him with picking up some kids. but that could mean she just didn't know.

yea I read that late. its pretty clear what happened :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back