GUILTY AK - Ashley Johnson-Barr, 10, Kotzebue, 6 Sep 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Day 5: More search teams headed out today to look for any sign of 10yo Ashley Johnson-Barr, missing since Thursday night.

Heather Hintze on Twitter

Attachments

• DB6727B8-22E8-4D66-8E8C-58C3CEB3A8BA.jpeg
    DB6727B8-22E8-4D66-8E8C-58C3CEB3A8BA.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 11BF6E52-0D56-421C-9B40-7ED55EABECCF.jpeg
    11BF6E52-0D56-421C-9B40-7ED55EABECCF.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 0AAE1B8D-F8E4-4214-970D-9590A43D9002.jpeg
    0AAE1B8D-F8E4-4214-970D-9590A43D9002.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 15
With that town being more or less small and, more important, very isolated, I am sure that the investigators are also concentrating on the people she knew. Hope that she is still unharmed and alive.

Last edited:
does anyone know if they are going door to door , I suppose thats the only way ?
I have heard they are - but understand; without warrants. Some are resisting that type of searching - some are "hey - come on in - she's not here, so cross this off the list". It just depends. Also know - culturally - this is like no place I have ever traveled before. Very good, nice people - they all keep an eye out for each other and especially the children. If someone goes missing - i.e. you are 1 hour late returning... they will start a search for you. And they will search 24/7 until you are found. End of story. Blizzard, 80 degrees below zero - nothing stops them. Others will put their lives on the line to find you. I know they are all sick with worry about it all - given that they have not found her yet.

Darn. Was hoping to jump on here and see some answers. So worried about this little girl. I worry that she might have been getting groomed by some connection she was supposed to meet. Finding the phone in opposite direction of home worried me.

I’m afraid she could be anywhere; could’ve been abducted and taken away from the area by vehicle or boat on Thursday. The town is so isolated I hope someone saw something out of the ordinary that day.

“We are investigating the incident and exploring all possibilities,” police said, when asked if officials have found evidence indicating foul play.

FBI joins search for 10-year-old girl missing from Kotzebue

I don't think the FBI would have sent 10 agents to this extremely remote town if they didn't think it was foul play. The phone being found the opposite direction of her house was not a good sign.

Still hoping for a happy ending but at this point I can't really see how this ends well :(.

Can't imagine how the people in town feel. It could be anyone's neighbor, the perp might even be helping with the searches.

Last edited:
“We are investigating the incident and exploring all possibilities,” police said, when asked if officials have found evidence indicating foul play.

FBI joins search for 10-year-old girl missing from Kotzebue
I noticed that this article says her cell phone was found in the street. IMO-this is an odd location for her to just lose the phone herself. Also, it says it was a half mile from the park. I wish we knew what was in the area of a half mile. I had 1st thought that since there was so much water surrounding the town, that she had a tragic accident with water. Now IMO since I read the phone was found in the street IMO-she was taken in a car and the phone was lost as she was being put into the car. This is probably a really dumb question, but since the only way out of the town is on boats or by air, do locals there even have cars or do they just walk/use bikes, etc . around town?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back