GUILTY AK - Ashley Johnson-Barr, 10, Kotzebue, 6 Sep 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I might be mistaken, but she looks indigenous, and indigenous girls and women are disproportionaly victims of violent crime, while the response is usually not as intense as it would be for caucasian missing and crime victims. I really do hope Alaska LE is taking this seriously; a little 10-year old kid missing from such a remote, small community, that deserves their full attention.

So much water, I don't like this....:(
The town is so small, I guess strangers would be noticed by the citizens, right?

Demographic Population Totals
Total Population In Kotzebue

Total Population: 3,201
Male Population: 1,631
Female Population: 1,570

Kotzebue, Alaska Population 2017, 2018

More populated than I thought!

The phone was said to have been found by the Nana building, and that was said to be in the opposite direction of Ashley's home.

Looking at Google maps the obvious things that stand out at that place are the water and the airport.

I would think that any kids in the park who Ashley was playing with would have been questioned to see if they noticed anyone hanging around or saw Ashley leave the park.

If other kids didn't see anyone hanging around (don't know if they did or not), if the airport is clear, then we know the coastguard was out looking...and I would think there's a good reason for that as it seems to be the higher probability explanation :(

A couple thoughts/assumptions/deductions. Assuming for a moment she was abducted.

1. Her phone being found elsewhere would lead me to deduce this was a stranger abduction vs. someone she may have been communicating with. If there is evidence of communication on the device, the suspect may not want to toss it. Would probably be careful not to lose it because it would lead right to him/her. Alternatively, a stranger would want to toss it immediately to reduce the risk of being tracked via phone usage/GPS.

2. If I am an adult who has abducted a child and has him/her in my home, and I know I am in a very small village and LE and volunteers are out in full force going door-to-door, I am VERY nervous and looking to get rid of the evidence I have as soon as possible :( This has me very concerned about her well-being.

I hope this is all for naught and she simply wandered off and got lost, or something less sinister happened.

Here is the sex offender registry link for AK. There are numerous registrations for such a small area in Kotzebue.

Sex Offender/Child Kidnapper Registry

This is for reference only, please do not target or DOX anybody that is not indicated officially by law enforcement as a confirmed suspect per the Websluths TOS.

Last edited:
Does the group Portugal. The Man have a connection to this/Alaska? I just saw that they shared a missing post on their Facebook page that has nearly 475,000 followers. Is this this getting more national/widespread SM attention than I realized? That would be great, although I think chances are it is likely that this case will resolve locally.

Does the group Portugal. The Man have a connection to this/Alaska? I just saw that they shared a missing post on their Facebook page that has nearly 475,000 followers. Is this this getting more national/widespread SM attention than I realized? That would be great, although I think chances are it is likely that this case will resolve locally.

It looks like they’re from Wasilla AK

I have been to this town several times as my sister taught school in a nearby village. It is small. Very small . Everyone knows each other and many are related. The first time through- we clearly looked like we did not belong. There are local flights in and out daily to the other villages. This time of year there are river barges as well that go up river. If you live in- land and need a new stove - it comes by barge in the summer. The area is surrounded by water and tundra . The children are taught at an early age to stay away from the edges of town unless with an adult . Even to pick berries you go with an adult that has a gun . The wilderness is real and dangerous . The children are also taught to stay out of the water . So where is she?

I have been to this town several times as my sister taught school in a nearby village. It is small. Very small . Everyone knows each other and many are related. The first time through- we clearly looked like we did not belong. There are local flights in and out daily to the other villages. This time of year there are river barges as well that go up river. If you live in- land and need a new stove - it comes by barge in the summer. The area is surrounded by water and tundra . The children are taught at an early age to stay away from the edges of town unless with an adult . Even to pick berries you go with an adult that has a gun . The wilderness is real and dangerous . The children are also taught to stay out of the water . So where is she?

Thank you for the information and welcome to WS!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back