GUILTY AK - Kristy Manzanares, 39, killed aboard Emerald Princess, Juneau, 25 July 2017 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Manzanares-D726.jpg

http://www.cedarcityutah.com/news/a...-kristy-manzanares-was-murdered/#.WX9pxxXyvAU

I wonder if that small table in the sitting area is fixated, it probably is but if not the legs on it look like they'd be a weapon if enough force used

Could have been that table, or the table and chairs on the balcony. None of that is secured.

I wonder if that small table in the sitting area is fixated, it probably is but if not the legs on it look like they'd be a weapon if enough force used

Small table is not anchored and can be moved. All passenger staterooms have a small table like that. It has a heavy glass top.

I found it interesting it referenced her husband multiple times in the obit. If I was murdered by my husband I wouldn't want his name mentioned at all.

I found it interesting it referenced her husband multiple times in the obit. If I was murdered by my husband I wouldn't want his name mentioned at all.

Maybe that's a window into how the family is thinking - it could be it's not as cut and dried as it seems.

It looks like he's only mentioned as "married and had three daughters" and then "survived by."
I can see most families doing that...

It looks like he's only mentioned as "married and had three daughters" and then "survived by."
I can see most families doing that...

I agree. Factual statements: she was married to him and is survived by him (his own doing, of course, but that doesn't have a place in an obit, IMO). It doesn't surprise me at all that the obituary lacks any flowery prose about their relationship, given the circumstances. No "married the love of her life/best friend", "where she met her husband" etc. that you might see in an obit for someone whose life wasn't ended due to domestic violence.

I think he could have just gotten right in her face to the point she backed up and tripped... a hard slap or shove could have knocked her right into any of the pieces of fixed furniture.

I found this comment in the official family media statement made by Kristy's "life-long friend" interesting. My BFF would certainly know if there was strife in my relationship.

"Barnard said she was unaware of any marital problems between the couple..."

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5566906-155/slain-southern-utah-woman-was-devoted

He was in a blind rage, He was not done with his rage when the others tried to stop him.

People do keep their lives out of other's business. Though not that close, I have been surprised when people have revealed their DV after divorce. One especially comes to mind as she was always talking about how much fun they had and how great he was,

I found this comment in the official family media statement made by Kristy's "life-long friend" interesting. My BFF would certainly know if there was strife in my relationship.

"Barnard said she was unaware of any marital problems between the couple..."

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5566906-155/slain-southern-utah-woman-was-devoted

She was a life long friend but not listed in the obit as one of her best friends. My mom's sister hid her abuse from my mom until she divorced her husband. We always knew her husband was "difficult" (I don't know the right word to describe his behavior) but never knew it was physical.

She was a life long friend but not listed in the obit as one of her best friends. My mom's sister hid her abuse from my mom until she divorced her husband. We always knew her husband was "difficult" (I don't know the right word to describe his behavior) but never knew it was physical.

pamelado2, I noticed that too and thought it was pretty odd.

I don't think it's that unusual for DV to be hidden and not openly shared even with family and life long friends. Although, many times DV is suspected by others. It's not an easy subject to bring up and this is the type of stuff that can backfire on you if you ask about it. There's are many reasons why people keep DV private. Many times there's hope that things will get better, scared, it's humiliating, reputation, stigma, financial loss, kids, not ready to get out, etc., in some instances the relationship has more good times than bad times and as time goes on the violence escalates and by the time it gets to that point the victim doesn't have any self esteem or energy so they put up with it. DV is complex and it doesn't discriminate. MOO

I think he could have just gotten right in her face to the point she backed up and tripped... a hard slap or shove could have knocked her right into any of the pieces of fixed furniture.
Well HAP you are definitely bringing up "a defense, the defense will/could use." However, if it was an accident, wouldn't he be asking for help? Or if she "tripped on her way out to the balcony,"
why would this nice guy, then try to drag her out to the balcony?... because he's such a thoughtful fella? Hey, (insert lightbulb icon!) your thought caught me totally off guard. Thinking out-of-the-box is always good....I just don't think a jury (especially in Alaska) will buy it considering his actions & statements afterward. (Hmmmm wonder if defense will try to get those statements thrown out?)

Despite the facts that human history is replete with cases of killings since the dawn of time, any time a person kills another person, it is a tragedy. The sacred books of the major religions are replete of narration, justification, and condemnation of killings of humans by humans.

E.g., the story of Cain's murder of Abel and its consequences as told in Genesis 4:1-18. This same story is interpreted by Jews and Christians in a very different ways, telling that even amongst humans "this" killing does not mean the same thing!

I am not elaborating too much on this but for those who know what I am alluding to, please, notice your childhood teaching about the Bereshit’s firsts of the 54 Torah portions: (1) Cain said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?” & (2) God said (to Cain), “I shall put a mark on your forehead so any would be killers will know your death will be avenged seven-fold.”

Also, in the Koran you may read on what to do about those who are not Muslim “Koran (9:5) And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush.”

Please, do not construe my post as inciting hatred of religions, or someone’s religion especially etc. My purpose is to highlight HUMAN NATURE. If the old quotations above convinced you that even the most morals and most religious of us do kill on purpose, then I convinced you that it is in the human nature also to kill by accident!

A husband killed his wife because "She wouldn't stop laughing at me". I see a tragic tragic accident due to human nature. Nothing else. It is my hope those who love the killed woman will find peace in their heart.

I do not have to hope but I know that as long as this man lives, he will NEVER find peace in his heart after he killed the woman who gave him his three daughters. Never will that man stop wondering “what have I done?” when he lies awake at night missing her.

If you hate that man, as some of the posts suggest, then hate human nature. Hate yourself. This is a tragic accident that could happen at anyone’s household, God forbids, as long as they are humans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back