AL - 9-Year-Old Charged With Poisoning Stepmom, Siblings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed. ETA: It might also have been more like what another poster said, they only meant to make the person ill, not kill them. (Though what the boy used on his siblings isn't named either.) I can see it either way. Either he was just trying to pull a mean spirited prank, or it was more sinister. In any case, blaming the victims isn't helpful at all. The child needs counseling.

The method I read about was pretty new, and it did say that it didn't have much of a success rate. The theory behind the program you mentioned does sound very similar. My heart goes out to you, also, I can't imagine the pain you must have daily.

Johnson said investigators also are looking into an April 15th incident in which the boy confessed to poisoning his siblings with an industrial strength cleaner and degreaser. The three siblings, a 15-and-two 11-year-olds, were treated and released.

God, this floors me. I have a 10 year old, and the biggest thing going on in her life is that she made the "safety patrol" at school...a group that helps younger kids to the parent pick-up spot after school, keeps them running in the halls, etc...
And my 8 year old whose most important thing is that one of our cats just had kittens...
This kid is only 9, and plotting murder, I haven't read the other comments but I feel so sorry for this child...he/she has obviously not had a real childhood...so sad....

Johnson said investigators also are looking into an April 15th incident in which the boy confessed to poisoning his siblings with an industrial strength cleaner and degreaser. The three siblings, a 15-and-two 11-year-olds, were treated and released.

I stand corrected, you are absolutely right. :blushing: That's not as innocent as aquariam conditioner either. ETA: Though, thinking of it, some of that aquarium stuff can be deadly poison too? Maybe that is why the stepmother is still hospitalized, to get all the poison out of her system safely?

Well, given that you posted in another topic that you put dish soap into an abuser's food nightly, I'd like to ask you: "Who gave the "info" that made *you* so troubled? Do you really blame your mother, for the crimes (yes CRIMES) you just admitted to committing? *eyebrow*

Yes I most certainly do. Had she not permitted dirtball padophiles to move into our home and emotionally abuse us I would not have been forced into such a drastic measure.
Had his parole officer followed up on the million phone calls I made whenever he was in violation (like being at the bar or drunk driving)

Please note he was on parole for beating the hell out of his wife.
I was a bit older than age 9. This was a crazy dangerous man and the only option at that point was to put some dishsoap in his food and after a few days with his upset belly... inform him that he may wish to reconsider how he treats us as next time his sickness could be worse.
When dealing with a pychopath sometimes you have to go to their level so they understand that your not the one to go after.

But that is off topic in regards to my point on this thread.
My point was IMO it is likely the Stepmother did not like this child and possibly framed him in order to get him out of the way.

I really want to know more about this case before I think this 9 yo is a budding killer.

Wow, that's a big difference from the aquarium water treatment.

I wonder which he did first...if the aquarium stuff didn't seem to have much effect so he tried something stronger.

I hope this child gets help.

My point was IMO it is likely the Stepmother did not like this child and possibly framed him in order to get him out of the way.

WTF???? :banghead:

QUOTE FROM THE NEWS ARTICLE:
Mobile County Sheriff's spokesman Kate Johnson said the youngster admitted pouring an aquarium water conditioner in his stepmom's drink on Saturday at a residence in Irvington. The unnamed woman fell ill and remains hospitalized in the intensive care unit at a Mobile hospital. She was treated for abdominal pains and is expected to make a full recovery.

There's a new article here with a photo of the whole family. So much for protecting the juvenile perp's identity! :D

:clap:

Mobile County Sheriff's spokesman Kate Johnson said the youngster admitted pouring an aquarium water conditioner in his stepmom's drink on Saturday at a residence in Irvington. The unnamed woman fell ill and remains hospitalized in the intensive care unit at a Mobile hospital. She was treated for abdominal pains and is expected to make a full recovery.
9yr olds can do evil things. the police said he was troubled. he admitted it. the person who some want to blame is in intensive care. i just dont get it. it reminds me of trials where mom kills the kid and the jury says she must have been crazy with almost no proof. or crimes where a wife kills her husband and says he beat her, some juries need no proof to buy it. my gut says it is because we step in to the shoes of the killer. we say i could never harm my child so she must be crazy. i am a woman and we are caregivers not killers. the husband must have beat her. i have kids. no way could my kid do something like that. there must be a reason.

sometimes moms kill their kids because she is sick of being mom. sometimes wives kill their husbands because they are sick of the man and divorce takes time. sometimes kids kill because they dont care if they hurt others.

given a choice i would want the kid to be innocent. everything points to his guilt. my hope he is innocent should not out weigh the facts. he admitted it. step mom was poisoned and is in ICU.

Amraann said:

Ditto! :banghead: :doh:

:rolleyes: Yeah, that child is an innocent angel, and it is the adult's fault he does such horrible things. After all, their terrible actions *forced* him to choose to put the chemicals into HIS SIBLINGS'
food/drink! Suuuuure.... What's the excuse for *those* actions? "Oh, he was being bullied by his own siblings and so he *had* to poison them!" (Did you notice they do not say "step-siblings", and AFAIK, no other article has contradicted that, or even hinted at calling into question whether or not they are blood relatives?) Don't you think they have proof those children were poisoned, ESPECIALLY since they NAMED THE POISON?! So, are you saying the evil step-mother put the poison in the kids' food/drink, and also poisoned herself with a MUCH MORE DANGEROUS chemical, (Since she's still hospitalized, and the kids are recovered. Some of that aquarium stuff has deadly poison in it.) just to frame the child?! Is that REALLY what you are saying? *gapes*

Ok, they are saying the stepmother's condition does not appear to be life threatening. But she is in ICU still? If it's that they have the situation in hand, so she's probably not going to die, that doesn't lessen the seriousness of what was done.

Ok, they are saying the stepmother's condition does not appear to be life threatening. But she is in ICU still? If it's that they have the situation in hand, so she's probably not going to die, that doesn't lessen the seriousness of what was done.
yes they say they expect her to recover but she is still in the ICU.

I darn sure do! If you don't believe it, you really should study up on sociopathy. Sociopaths are capable of horrendous crimes even at 9 years of age. They don't need a reason (as if there is a good reason for poisoning your family :rolleyes: ).

I don't see anything stated in that short article that would make me blame the victims for their misfortune.

AGREE 100%

No, you can't "make them better" but some you can convince some of them to act (mostly) within society's rules because it's what benefits *them* best. There are a lot of psychopaths out living in society, and most of them never commit an atrocious crime, because while they don't have empathy, and don't understand how others have value (outside of tools for their own gain) they do understand they might get caught and face consequences. ETA: This doesn't mean they won't do "white collar" crime though. The program I was thinking of, was aimed at helping the child psychopath choose to go down that path. Some psychopaths never do get caught, and apparenty don't break the law either. (This doesn't mean they are nice people to be around though.) ETA: A link that explains more fully what I am trying to get across.

Sadly, I know what a Psychopath is, KatK... I realize they are not all murderers. I wasn't questioning the disorder itself, I was replying about the program you brought up about teaching psychopathic children at a young age what society expects from them. It sounds like it'd be a very promising program and I'm interested in hearing more about it but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Sadly, I know what a Psychopath is, KatK... I realize they are not all murderers. I wasn't questioning the disorder itself, I was replying about the program you brought up about teaching psychopathic children at a young age what society expects from them. It sounds like it'd be a very promising program and I'm interested in hearing more about it but I don't want to hijack this thread.

*nod* I've been cudgeling my brain to try to shake loose where I read about it, and what it was called, or the researcher or anything more. *sigh* (I realize you know, I caught what you hinted at, and think and pray for you, and all your family. S'ok, I am not sure I am being as clear as I could be, I think I'm thawing a bit from my Mother's death, plus we're all upset with the sad news of Tybee's death.)

:clap: 9yr olds can do evil things. the police said he was troubled. he admitted it. the person who some want to blame is in intensive care. i just dont get it. it reminds me of trials where mom kills the kid and the jury says she must have been crazy with almost no proof. or crimes where a wife kills her husband and says he beat her, some juries need no proof to buy it. my gut says it is because we step in to the shoes of the killer. we say i could never harm my child so she must be crazy. i am a woman and we are caregivers not killers. the husband must have beat her. i have kids. no way could my kid do something like that. there must be a reason.

sometimes moms kill their kids because she is sick of being mom. sometimes wives kill their husbands because they are sick of the man and divorce takes time. sometimes kids kill because they dont care if they hurt others.

given a choice i would want the kid to be innocent. everything points to his guilt. my hope he is innocent should not out weigh the facts. he admitted it. step mom was poisoned and is in ICU.

The "must have been crazy" excuse upsets me as well but for an additional reason- I have *been* crazy and I am a parent and *was* a parent while I was crazy and never harmed my child! (Now, I'm not talking Andrea Yates type crazy- she's the only one that has used NGBRI that I have ever felt was indeed insane)

I resent these selfish women who harm their children simply because they got sick of taking care of them... attempting to use as an excuse the illness that I have fought so hard to overcome, every time they do they add more and more stigma!!!

I resent these selfish women who harm their children simply because they got sick of taking care of them... attempting to use as an excuse the illness that I have fought so hard to overcome, every time they do they add more and more stigma!!!

Well, they don't want to think a sane person can commit such atrocities against a child, their mind shies away from grasping it. (Aside: I think the woman who stabbed her two children to death, each child 200 times is insane.) I don't think that is the case at all here though, I think the child is most likely troubled. I just hope they have the kind of disorder that can be treated with a good chance of success. *hopes*

Well, they don't want to think a sane person can commit such atrocities against a child, their mind shies away from grasping it. (Aside: I think the woman who stabbed her two children to death, each child 200 times is insane.) I don't think that is the case at all here though, I think the child is most likely troubled. I just hope they have the kind of disorder that can be treated with a good chance of success. *hopes*
i would think best case would be if he wanted to make them ill only. a 9yr old can punch his 12yr old sister and not be mental. the fact he did it before can be looked at 2 ways i think. yes he knew it would really hurt the step mom because the kids had to go to the hospital. therefore he knew it could be so bad she might die. or... the kids got sick but did not die. degreaser is stronger that the fish tank stuff so he could make her sick with out really hurting her. he is 9. they sure dont think the way we do. my 8yr old wants to drop a coconut on his dad from a tree. he saw it on a cartoon and it was funny. i say no you could break his head open and kill him. he says no mom i just want to drop 1 on him. i know 1 would be all it takes. he thinks 1 wont hurt you. they dont weigh much he explained...

<snip> my 8yr old wants to drop a coconut on his dad from a tree. he saw it on a cartoon and it was funny. i say no you could break his head open and kill him. he says no mom i just want to drop 1 on him. i know 1 would be all it takes. he thinks 1 wont hurt you. they dont weigh much he explained...

Yikes! Can you stage a demonstration with a brick and a melon, to let him see that it *can* harm? Maybe drop a brick from roof heighth somehow onto the melon? A normal brick doesn't weigh much, about as much as some coconuts, right? Explain that dropping the coconut from a tree would be worse. And also point out that cartoons aren't reality, and a lot of things done in cartoons would be dangerous/harmful if done in real life. Remind him, blobs of paint can't really die.

What would possess a 9 year old to do that? Where would he even get the idea to do it? I hope that he gets help before it is to late.

I would bet money that this boy is a sociopath. They come in all sizes and all ages. Any 9 yr old child that would try to kill his whole family has to be a sociopath. There are ways that therapists can now tell if a child is a sociopath. My granddaughter's therapist said that when a child is diagnosed as a sociopath the therapists are told not to continue seeing the child because they can't be helped. Just like the older sociopaths.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back