Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something. Originally I read the last time AB was seen was around 2:30 when her aunt left for the store and the neighborhood went searching for her prior to calling LE around dusk. Now I'm reading she was last seen around 6:00 p.m. Which is it?
Could time discrepancy be another red herring? JMO

Something seems off about the entire story told in the beginning.
I would like to know when AB was last seen other than by the aunt and the aunt's BIL. (not accusing them, just want further corroboration) Was it by her teacher and fellow students in school? What day?
When did her brother and cousins last see her?

My hinky meter is on overload.

I haven’t googled or searched any family, but based on the information that we’ve gotten here I have a couple of working speculations.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the days to come. I hope there’s justice for this poor sweet girl.

From that earlier referenced heavy com article. It just bothers me (still) the mother put out a plea at "15 hours missing" when according to the timeline she was found deceased at 12.5 hours missing. My mind goes in several directions.

Sadly, I think the next info we will get officially is the cause of death and very little more. Unless there's an arrest before then.
Whatever forensics LE got from the recovery site are definitely being analized. IF they got anything at all.
The actual crime scene may be somewhere else entirely. :(
There may be a strong person of interest.
Lots of speculation but until it's officially announced/confimed we can't discuss it here.
Fly high little girl.
Justice on earth can happen but nothing can bring you back to those that love you.
So sorry,
Chi

Well...that's 5 kids in the vehicle. Depending on what the Aunt drives, and the nature of the errand, ages of the kids (if any still in car seats, etc) might not be feasible.

If Amberly's mention of going to the mall to get new clothes was real, that fits too. "I'm taking the littles to grab the groceries, can you vacuum the living room and when I get back, you and I will go to the mall together. "

other kids might have had appointments or activities too.

If Amberly was the oldest (?) and other adults related/close were next door,and she has a phone, it doesn't seem untoward to do something like the above. I babysat at her age, FWIW.

And she was only a month from turning 12. My son was born on the same day and IMO it’s reasonable to leave a responsible child at this stage home for a short period of time.

Well I’m finally caught up and have nothing remarkable to add. Just a few MOO comments: 1) there were a few IG posts that were troubling with Suicidal ideation. - (and no I do not believe this was self harm.) which brings me to 2) my hinky is nagging me. Like a common SLP vibe, but unfortunately, AB was unable to escape. And 3) I’m not sure what I find off about mom’s interview?

Like others have asked, I am curious if sibling and cousins corroborate the adults time lines on when she was last seen, and, the circumstances and events since she moved in with her aunt.

Well I’m finally caught up and have nothing remarkable to add. Just a few MOO comments: 1) there were a few IG posts that were troubling with Suicidal ideation. - (and no I do not believe this was self harm.) which brings me to 2) my hinky is nagging me. Like a common SLP vibe, but unfortunately, AB was unable to escape. And 3) I’m not sure what I find off about mom’s interview?

Like others have asked, I am curious if sibling and cousins corroborate the adults time lines on when she was last seen, and, the circumstances and events since she moved in with her aunt.
What does SLP stand for?

12 hrs = time she was reported missing
15 hrs = time the family started looking?
so that would be around 3pm?
more info:
2011 JB mother murdered
JB home burns down in fire
FB post everyone I know is either pregnant or going to jail or in jail and pregnant this year
FB post Me and my kids needs a place to go asap
AB dog dies
According to a friend , death was “brutal, an act of pure evil.” Her body was found in the woods behind her aunt’s house, her family told Channel 2 Action News.
note: one interview with locals says area is close nit, everyone is family or very good friend
if this was done from outside source it would take alot of time, information, days of watching/stalking
her phone would have info on it of the last call/text/GPS even if deleted, FB/instagram/ect
i am sure the police already have this info and have a POI
AMBER Alerts are used in the most serious cases that meet the AMBER criteria. Overuse of AMBER Alert could result in the public becoming desensitized to Alerts when they are issued.
AMBER Alerts are issued when a child abduction meets the specific AMBER Alert criteria, however, CART can be used for all missing children’s cases. To date, there are 99 Operational Ready teams and 3799 team members trained representing 45 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, and Canada
criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts:
  • There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
  • The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
  • The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
  • The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

The apparent lack of actual tears has struck me for sure, among other things in MOO.

Here's my 2 cents at this point. Take everything out that we've been told by non LE people.
What we have is a deceased child.
All the rest might be red herrings to throw others off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member