Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so I'm clear and up to speed IY and AF arrested on kidnapping 1st degree charges & AF's father in law (David Johnson) arrested for hindering prosecution because he drove IY to Florida. DJ FIL is a truck driver.

Yes.

Not sure why Fisher is being recommended for bond though, while Yazeed is not.
My guess is that Yazeed is considered to be the murderer and his charges may be upgraded - if they can prove Aniah was murdered and not just dumped, with life threatening injuries, and left to die. Or is that still considered to be murder?

What if theres not much clothing near body due to burning.

If the body was burned, the teeth should still be intact. The Macon County Sheriff noted in his interview that dental evidence was being sent off to forensics for review. Identification via dental records doesn’t take long at all if done priority status. I have relative who is a dentist. If sent locally to Montgomery state forensics headquarters, it shouldn’t take long for results.

Yes.

My guess is that Yazeed is considered to be the murderer and his charges may be upgraded - if they can prove Aniah was murdered and not just dumped, with life threatening injuries, and left to die. Or is that still considered to be murder?
I betting IY charges can easily be upgraded to Capital Murder

Would hope step dad taught her some defense/offense fight skills.

It saddens me that Aniah grew up surrounded within a industry of powerful players but yet, was innocently "chosen" by such powerful evil. Those who have been arrested in the past, were easily set free to offend again, and again. I believe she was strong and fought for her life. Shocked YI, who lost control over her while trying to drive, hit her hard...blood hard. Her car damage shows how much she fought. IMO

Yes.

Both defense attorneys for IY & AF have asked Court Judge for bond & both asked bonds have currently been denied by judges. That's what good criminal defense attorneys do. Currently charges are for 1st degree kidnapping but easily could be upgraded to Capital Murder, Murder, Felony Murder etc. We have to sit back and let LE do their job before charges will get upgraded & I venture to guess charges will get upgraded. Just my opinion having worked on Capital cases in Alabama.

Both defense attorneys for IY & AF have asked Court Judge for bond & both asked bonds have currently been denied by judges. That's what good criminal defense attorneys do. Currently charges are for 1st degree kidnapping but easily could be upgraded to Capital Murder, Murder, Felony Murder etc. We have to sit back and let LE do their job before charges will get upgraded & I venture to guess charges will get upgraded. Just my opinion having worked on Capital cases in Alabama.
And a reminder for anyone looking up cases on a jail view or alacourt, state court employees only work 8-5 M-F updating these data bases, so results may not show up immediately.

Yes, it is the judge's decision about the bond. It is just that the prosecutor has not objected to the $50,000 bond request for Fisher.

Whereas the prosecutor did object to Yazeed's bond requests.

An attorney representing Antwain Fisher, charged in the disappearance of Aniah Blanchard, has asked for a $50,000 bond for his client, a motion prosecutors don't object to, according to court records.
Aniah Blanchard update: Antwain Fisher's attorney requests $50K bond in kidnapping case

"Montgomery County has had their opportunity to deal with the defendant and that has resulted in him being free to come to Lee County and commit yet another violent criminal offense," Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes wrote in response to the bond motions. "The State believes he wants to get back to Montgomery because that is where he has friends and where he has been allowed to evade prosecution."
Ibraheem Yazeed was allowed to 'evade prosecution,' Lee County DA says

Yes.

Yes. Still considered murder.

Yes.

I feel like there’s something more to DJ tho. Like something more than just “driving IY to Florida per IY request” (in quotes bc it was what was said at the hearing). Only reason for me thinking that is bc they knew that DJ drove IY to Florida at the hearing a week ago (no telling how long they actually knew it). If this was the only reason, why wouldn’t they have arrested him then. This is JMO but I think he knew/knows a lot & AF spilled the beans & they got him on hindering prosecution bc he not only transported IY knowing everything, but mislead/lied to investigators. That part is just my theory but either way, I would THINK that there had to be a little more to this or they would have already arrested his sorry butt.

Aniah was a very vocal "Child of God" & so is her whole family. This is not the ending anyone of us wanted but I take a little comfort in the fact that she was a child of God & they dumped her body right next to a Church. To me, that means that even though she may have suffered in her final moments God has been with her the entire time right next to her until she could be brought home. If anyone from the family realizes this I hope that it will bring them a little peace & comfort.
It is my hope that Aniah will be the "Final Straw" in bringing down this gang, all of the criminals, & corrupt people that allowed this to happen in the first place!

And a reminder for anyone looking up cases on a jail view or alacourt, state court employees only work 8-5 M-F updating these data bases, so results may not show up immediately.
This is based on my knowledge of the government here, & this is just a general statement...if something is not displayed in real time, even if there is someone entering in information, it might not show up till the next day. Most places have interfaces that run nightly (usually between 2AM - 4AM) that will update any information entered the previous day. Most LE agencies here are trying to get away from that but it is possible some could be that way still.

I’ve been away from this thread for a couple of days but just saw that Aniah was found. I’m sorry if I repeat things that have already been said, but I can’t even begin to comprehend what her family is going through. My heart truly breaks for them right now. On a note about the location where Aniah’s body was found; I was thinking the entire time about this specific area, but never said anything because I didn’t want to sound crazy. I’ve always thought this location would be (unfortunately) the “ideal” place to hide a body -ugh I can hardly type that, but it’s so true. The first time I went to Shorter to meet my (edit)ex fiancé’s family at their house, I was so scared because it’s so isolated there. I even asked him, semi-jokingly, if he was going to kill me while we were driving on the road. There’s just a tiny white church, no street lights, a small bridge. and the rough roads are so tiny and curvy. The place is so eerie that I can’t explain it. You just get a bad feeling there-or at least I do. Sorry for my ramblings, but I’m so heartbroken after this news, but I know Aniah is watching over her family now, but darn it. She should be here. I hope that justice is served very soon, to all involved.

Last edited:
This is so heartbreaking I was just really really hoping she would be found alive even though all evidence pointed in another direction. So scary there are so many evil people out there. I have a 20 year old daughter, and anytime she goes out obviously I worry about it. I know there is nothing I can do and I know she's very smart and intelligent, but sometimes things can happen that are just beyond their control. This is a perfect example of no matter how careful you are evil wins. I pray that somehow her family can find peace, but I'm not sure how. My heart really breaks in this case

If DJ was arrested in Auburn, I bet he would be held without bond. Seems that Lee County doesn’t play but that Montgomery County is lenient. IMO
You are correct. I know Russell Bush and he is of the utmost in integrity, common sense, and responsibility to the public he serves. He will take good care of this. Brandon Hughes as well. They should have stayed in Montgomery and committed their crimes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth