AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it strange that they quit the search at 3pm today - not when it got dark but at 3pm specifically. How often do we hear of that happening?

This came out of nowhere, no warning and no soliciting for the publics help or volunteers. Odd right? That makes me think they did know what they were searching for and found something, something very specific. The way Chessie was conducting herself I have a few thoughts about it all.

Does Klaas kids come out for gathering of evidence or is it just for search of persons? Hope that makes sense, I don't know how to phrase it P.C wise. I think LE is playing this close to the vest as they've done the entire case. I have to give praise to them for dotting their I's and crossing their T's. From the start they have felt to be steering clear of anything to do with Brittney specifically and I wondered why. I think now it's because they've had clear indicators from the start that she's deceased, or at least had enough knowledge to know she's not going anywhere, so their concentration has been on the sex crimes etc.

It's very sad and I can only speculate that everything is closing it. I really think we'll know something new by monday.

I have been a lurking on Brittney's threads almost daily since the beginning, and I've got to say that today I have finally been compelled to speak up. My mouth hit the floor when I got on this evening to find that they searched behind CW's house today. Yesterday, on our way back to Mississippi from our annual Gulf Shores New Year's trip, my partner and I decided to pay a visit to Leonardo Dr. so I could see the "memorial rock" with my own two eyes. We did, and I did take a picture from the car. There was just such a heavy feeling in my chest, and my partner agreed that she was feeling equally as uneasy. There is definitely something about that yard. Needless to say, after seeing the "memorial" in person for the first time yesterday and seeing these new developments today, I am a little shocked.

I do believe that Chessie knows where Brittney is, and I believe she has known all along. I hope and pray that this search will finally bring answers to Brittney's loved ones and to all of you wonderful, caring folks here on WS.

Some thoughts on CW's interview and the WKRG news clip (http://www.wkrg.com/story/24359733/search-renews-for-brittney-wood):

- the reporter says "It's an area familiar to investigators, one they have combed over before" (around the 0:50 mark)
What does that mean? They've searched there before but not an intense search? If it was an intense search, what brought them back? Were previous searches there just done by LE & Klaas Kids or also by volunteers (like some family members who would have reason not to be the best of searchers)?

- Chessie's entire face, demeanor, and voice changes when she says "But something brought them here" and looks up & to the side. She goes from fake-crying/grieving Chessie to pissed Chessie. She looks & sounds so angry at whoever it was that brought LE there.
Anyone else see that? It's around the 1:15 mark. I'd hate to have to come into contact with Chessie's wrath in person. Poor Britt.

I'm thankful to see movement in Britt's case (and searches!).

Sending love to Wally, Steph, Andy, baby P, and Britt's siblings tonight.

I have been a lurking on Brittney's threads almost daily since the beginning, and I've got to say that today I have finally been compelled to speak up. My mouth hit the floor when I got on this evening to find that they searched behind CW's house today. Yesterday, on our way back to Mississippi from our annual Gulf Shores New Year's trip, my partner and I decided to pay a visit to Leonardo Dr. so I could see the "memorial rock" with my own two eyes. We did, and I did take a picture from the car. There was just such a heavy feeling in my chest, and my partner agreed that she was feeling equally as uneasy. There is definitely something about that yard. Needless to say, after seeing the "memorial" in person for the first time yesterday and seeing these new developments today, I am a little shocked.

I do believe that Chessie knows where Brittney is, and I believe she has known all along. I hope and pray that this search will finally bring answers to Brittney's loved ones and to all of you wonderful, caring folks here on WS.

Thank you for posting, Lilac, and for following along with us here for Britt.

It looks more like blue tarp than water. Google maps shows a big square (5 acres) wooded area behind the house. Didn't Dustin live near there? Right around the corner? Derek would knows those woods.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Lena...ardo+Dr,+Mobile,+Alabama+36619&gl=us&t=h&z=17

Using your map link....I zoomed in a bit and marked Dustin's house (A) and Chessie's house (B). This shows the area between Travis Rd and Quimby, where they searched today.

Thanks ChattyWoman. Makes me wonder about Dustin's ankle bracelet malfunction.

OT Perhaps the Juvenile Unit was searching because of a juvenile's involvement. Don't know...

I'm thinking about this and Chessie's interview today. These woods that were searched look to me like they basically run along the way between her home & Dustin's home. Chessie said: "When I went down that road and saw all them people out there searching for my daughter..." (around the 1:36 mark)

This makes me wonder if the searchers weren't focusing "down that road" a little bit from Chessie's house rather than closer to Chessie's. That makes me question if Dustin played a more central role in Brittney's disappearance than I had previously thought (Mendy as well). For some reason I hadn't yet thought about the possibility of Dustin as the main "disappearer" and/or even as the ringleader of "brains" of the operation to some degree. One thing is for sure though, he has always skeeved me out just in pictures.

Also, Wendy seems "to run" Mendy (I mean "running" here as in she seemed to tell Mendy what to do and she complied/Mendy's life & decisions were heavily influenced by Wendy...not excusing Mendy by the way) . Did she also run Dustin? Maybe Wendy disappeared Brittney and had Dustin get rid of evidence? I've always assumed BW is close by if she's deceased, because these people strike me as too lazy to go too far out of their way to dispose of evidence or a body. (I'm sorry to write about BW like that. :( )

(I think it's just as likely Chessie or any/all of them (besides Derek) were behind Brittney's disappearance.)

Lilac Wine (I love the Jeff Buckley song), thank you so much for sharing that. Was the feeling a sense of dread?

KtGirl, I'm right there with you on those sentiments. Her demeanor was very strange and almost as though she was speaking about a casual acquaintance. I was awestruck when they mentioned an "intense" search prior. They are "familiar" with that area ...

That is telling to me.I wonder if her phone had pinged there? Maybe an item had been found or a hush hush lead led them there a few times? If they had heard there was a body or items there in the past, then that would explain why Klaas was called in today.

I think they know she's there and felt they would find her today. I'm guessing that they aren't going to announce another search till they have done so, and that's because they don't want Chessie to go on the run or someone to tamper with evidence.

They know she's there. I want to know when they searched the area before because it would be interesting to go back and see what happened immediately before and after that search.

I totally forgot about Dustin and his bracelet. I feel like I wasn't on the threads as much at that time. Wasn't the story that he would go out walking or in the woods at night, something to that affect?

I think Dustin and Wendy are the ring leaders and the sickest of the bunch. Dustin's charges tell of a rather sadistic pedophile, as Wendy's do too. I think we have our answer in the location itself. This is between Dustin and Chessie's home. There was a rumor in the start of things that Dustin was seen with Brittney. I don't think anyone felt it was true because her phone pinged along with Donald's. I also don't think RSW likes Dustin.

Interestingly enough; Chessie's children were removed from her care and placed with Mendy and Dustin, not Wendy and Donald. This shows how close they were to one another.

I still maintain that there's no way Chessie's husband has clean hands in this mess.

I totally forgot about Dustin and his bracelet. I feel like I wasn't on the threads as much at that time. Wasn't the story that he would go out walking or in the woods at night, something to that affect?
(respectfully snipped for space and bolded by me)

There's some info about the ankle bracelet stuff with Dustin here at this link:
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/judge_declines_to_revoke_bail.html#incart_river_default

Detective Doug Scarborough, who runs the electronic monitoring program, testified that GPS equipment indicated that Kent left his house and went into the street or a neighbor’s property on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week. On cross-examination, Scarborough acknowledged that the alleged violations occurred in the wee hours of the morning and that the monitoring equipment indicated that the defendant never strayed more than 100 to 150 feet from the safe zone.
Any thoughts? Especially on the parts I underlined?
I feel like I'm seeing small parts of this story I didn't really pay attention to before all over & now it might be all coming together.

It gives me chills just to hear you say that. Thank You for sharing your impressions.

Chessie strikes me as the kind of con artist who thinks they can get away with something by hiding behind the obvious and just keep lying and lying. To hear you confirm what others keep saying about that yard makes me shudder.

Thank goodness!

I hope they keep an eye on Chessie between now and the next search.

For the first time in a long while, it really feels like something is imminent, a restlessness in the air. It won't be long now Brittney!

Mendy always seems very beige to me, but I know what you mean, Astrokitty, about Dustin.

If Chessie has been involved from the start, do you think her recent throwing of Wendy under the bus, (responsible for Brittney's murder) is a tactical move, legally speaking?

Shivers, Lilac Wine, both on seeing the rock and the timing!

Thank you for sharing with us! I pray Brittney will be found, too! :rose:

:welcome:

Lilac Wine (I love the Jeff Buckley song), thank you so much for sharing that. Was the feeling a sense of dread?

Dread and sadness would definitely be an adequate description.

(And...me too re: Buckley song :) )

...snipped...................................One thing is for sure though, he has always skeeved me out just in pictures. ..................

:clap: Snipped and bolded by me so I can applaud you for using the word and feeling I always connect with Dustin.

We've had guests viewing this thread all night and I hope some will join. Brittney is near and dear to us, I think I speak for us all when I say that we value the input from everyone.

Anyone else feel they may be rattling Chessie's cage?

Posting this:
"The Mobile County Sheriff's Office, volunteers with the Klaas Kids Foundation and the officers with the Mobile Police Department's Juvenile Division searched five acres in Theodore for Brittney Wood, now 21 years old, said Ashley Rains, public information officer for MPD."

http://blog.al.com/live/2014/01/authorities_search_5_acres_in_1.html

5 acres and I keep going back to "Juvenile Division". Do you think that division is involved because when she went missing she was 19? Although at 19 you are considered an adult not a juvenile. Very odd.

Hi, Lilac. I remember you from Jaren's threads. It's nice to see you posting here for Britt.

Some thoughts on CW's interview and the WKRG news clip (http://www.wkrg.com/story/24359733/search-renews-for-brittney-wood):

- the reporter says "It's an area familiar to investigators, one they have combed over before" (around the 0:50 mark)
What does that mean? They've searched there before but not an intense search? If it was an intense search, what brought them back? Were previous searches there just done by LE & Klaas Kids or also by volunteers (like some family members who would have reason not to be the best of searchers)?

- Chessie's entire face, demeanor, and voice changes when she says "But something brought them here" and looks up & to the side. She goes from fake-crying/grieving Chessie to pissed Chessie. She looks & sounds so angry at whoever it was that brought LE there.
Anyone else see that? It's around the 1:15 mark. I'd hate to have to come into contact with Chessie's wrath in person. Poor Britt.

I'm thankful to see movement in Britt's case (and searches!).

Sending love to Wally, Steph, Andy, baby P, and Britt's siblings tonight.

I almost felt as if it was anger towards whoever brought them there --- but like a "wtf you could have said something sooner" look?! If that makes sense. Why I'm not positive Chessie had anything to do w/ brittney disappearing, i do think she knows someone in her own family did. I really quit trying to understand this family, but i totally noticed the change in facial expressions as well!

So happy this case has movement again! keep it out there!

2rr8byo.png

Snipped for just this one screen shot you captured. Thanks Astrokitty.
This pic of Chessie is...ah...one of my favorites.:facepalm:

I think Dustin and Wendy are the ring leaders and the sickest of the bunch. Dustin's charges tell of a rather sadistic pedophile, as Wendy's do too. I think we have our answer in the location itself. This is between Dustin and Chessie's home. There was a rumor in the start of things that Dustin was seen with Brittney. I don't think anyone felt it was true because her phone pinged along with Donald's. I also don't think RSW likes Dustin.

Interestingly enough; Chessie's children were removed from her care and placed with Mendy and Dustin, not Wendy and Donald. This shows how close they were to one another.

I still maintain that there's no way Chessie's husband has clean hands in this mess.

BBM: I completely agree with you! If he had no knowledge of all of this, then he must be blind or just didn't care who or what his "wife" does.

I read more than I post on Britt's thread, but I do try to keep up with this sick bunch. My heart skipped a beat when I read on FB today about the search. I have felt for a while that she is close to home. These people just aren't the perfect criminals. The truth will come out...it's just a matter of time. :moo:

I also get a sick feeling when I look at the memorial rock. Other than it being an incredibly tacky display, it just makes my hinky meter go off. I looked back at photos of it and noticed the ground appears to be disturbed there. Not a huge area, but Britt wasn't a huge girl either. I have often wondered just how "close" Britt could be to home.

Oh and I think the juvy people were out there as extra searchers; nothing more. LE probably asked for anyone available to help search. I do hope they found something and they just aren't commenting. :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stassy75