Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y'all think she took the robe & TP for the disappearance? For some reason, I didn't consider that at first. Robe for if she's cold, TP for the obvious, in case she has to hang out in woods. I think she hung around for a few days enjoying alllll the attention she was getting. I think a burner phone must be involved or something. I wonder if she ever purchased a bus ticket, and I wonder if brother's gf is involved or nah.

Strong Hand is out here running around with his hair dyed orange apparently lol
View attachment 435824
When I heard orange hair with bald spot I immediately thought of Donald Trump. A very strong Donald Trump-looking man who picked her up and ran with her...........okey dokey.

Plus, stealing the plush robe and toilet paper. Maybe, she planned on sleeping in the woods in the robe and using the toilet paper for her bathroom breaks??

Yes - It was premeditated all the way. I bet that there were personal things going on in her life. Who knows? Maybe, her boyfriend broke up with her; and this was her feeble attempt to get him back. Wonder if it worked (if this were the case)??

JMO.
Yes - It was premeditated all the way. Plus, stealing the plush robe and toilet paper. Maybe, she planned on sleeping in the woods in the robe and using the toilet paper for her bathroom breaks??

I bet that there were personal things going on in her life. Who knows? Maybe, her boyfriend broke up with her; and this was her feeble attempt to get him back. Wonder if it worked (if this were the case)?? Chief did say that they discovered other texts that they were not going to reveal because they were of a personal nature.

JMO.
It was probably the arguing with the bf's alleged stripper, just a guess. MOO

So Prince Harry kidnapped her? (Orange hair with a balding spot and a woman with a baby with him). Just kidding...
This is so sad and I wonder how many calls were affected by her being priority and rightly so if the story was true. I thought the police handled things really well. Just the facts. It's just waiting now. Her poor family.

Last edited:
Additional phone searches. I think they might be embarrassing and they're still cutting her a little leeway. TOO much leeway, imo. She needs to be arrested and made an example of. This is unacceptable, as hilarious as her made up details are.
What was her motive for disappearing? Was she running away from failures from school/family expectations? She went way over the top. <modsnip: speculation based on no known facts> And I'm sure those she spoke to that night are under a microscope. So wonder she called her boyfriend's sister rather than her mother. Smdh. I do expect them to charge her. And she will likely face federal charges as well. She might as well get ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently they took nude pics with her socks still on. She said they made her remove her clothes and then took pics. But she can home with $170 in her sock?
Come on. She cleverly hid the money while removing her socks while blindfolded. It's believable...and I believe that 4-year-old (still in diapers) was able to run the 600 yards (without veering out into traffic) in the middle of the night. What is amazing to me is that when she caught up with the child, the abductors moved those 600 yards down the wooded area to where she stopped and came out of the woods to get her...An 18-wheeler in those communities...They must not have a very strict HOA??!! Our HOA would be on that violation ASAP!!

JMO.

Beyond the search history, I always wonder how people think this will turn out. What the heck are you going to do in Nashville with $107 and no phone or ID? And leaving in a huge dramatic/police-involved way, instead of just sneaking out at night or something.

Unfortunate for Carlee that her name will forever be associated with a very stupid mistake at 25.
Like, did she think they wouldn't look through her phone? Did she maybe plan to take but didn't have time because she could hear the wail of the police cruiser on its way?

I'm no longer surprised that she might not have been doing well in school...MOO

This child is future Olympic material! Carlee drove a distance of 6 to 7 football fields or about 600 yards after she first says she noticed the child.

Grey Hughes is not sympathetic. For what it’s worth he thinks she should serve jail time, was just looking for attention, a sort of test to see which people in her life cared.

Last edited:
Some people believed her-

She is not very bright- I guess she forgot about surveillance being everywhere and that your phone leaves cookie crumbs where ever you go, and oh yeah, they can search your internet and find who you have communicated with and check your searches!!!!

People like her make me sick to my stomach: wasting resources - like the police and FBI have nothing better to do than look for someone who is pulling a hoax-- why did she do it?
maybe just for attention and that is sure working!!!!!

and she won't even allow a second interview

I hope she has to pay $$$$$$ for all the trouble she has caused.
I'm a bit confused why LE cannot just bring her downtown for questioning. She is not a minor. Why does she have a choice not to talk to investigators? She can bring her attorney with her.

CR gave so many details which is questionable in itself. The man came from out of woods and a female also appears at one point yet she didn't see the female only heard the female's voice. Every detail of the story was to the extreme.

I really hope CR gets some help, very soon! Glad she is not hurt, but this is a huge red flag and I hope this won't be ignored that she needs assistance with well-being. I'm sure charges are coming; however, other concerns need addressed too. MOO
YET the female was the one who fed her Cheezits and played with her hair... but she didn't see her the whole time!!
UH-HUH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members