Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she have called LE while she was going around, hanging up with them after reporting the sighting? Then calling her brother's girlfriend while she is driving on the shoulder and getting out of the car/asking the child a question/screaming and dropping her phone?
I don’t think so because that doesn’t fit the video timeline of when we see LE arrive. The video ends at around 4:40 with blue flashing lights. They said they were at her car in under 4 minutes from the time the call was placed. So according to them, she would have had to put that call in around the one minute mark of the video. Isn’t that right around the time she exits her car? I’m just making a wild guess here, but that call probably took at least a minute for her to give her name, location, her car make/model, and reason for her call. So she hangs up with dispatch and calls her brothers girlfriend maybe around the 2-2:30 mark of the video? No one has said how long that call lasted, but I’ll make another guess of at least 30 seconds to give the details the family reported. So it would be between 2:30-4:40 that she somehow vanished into thin air.

The real oddity here is that she definitely went from the drivers side to passenger while on the phone with dispatch, and stood there for a minute. Then while on the phone with her brothers girlfriend, thinks she sees a child and asks if they are ok. Where was this child while she was talking to LE?

Here’s the link. ‘We are trusting God’: Family of 25-year-old woman possibly abducted staying positive

I think it fits what is seen in the video? Your thoughts?

I can't listen to the press conference right now but based on the written article, plus watching the traffic camera footage, I still think she may have seen something, decided to circle back (calling LE during her time circling back to report it), got back to where she started driving slowly on the shoulder while calling her brother's girlfriend, who heard her as she got out, asked a question, and screamed.

If I was looking for something on the road, I’d stop behind it and illuminate it with my headlights. No need to go around the back of my vehicle. I’d want to keep it in front

Unless the thing moved from being in front/illuminated to the side or rear (less illuminated) by the time she parked and got out...?

I wonder if LE means 4 minutes after they had all the details/transmitted a dispatch order for someone to check things out?
When they say they were there in a certain amount of minutes, they mean from the time the call was placed. For whatever reason, they really wanted the public to know this piece of information.

Such a strange case it’s borderline unbelievable. Both theories of a completely random psychotic break and the child being bait for trafficking seem off in my opinion but we also barely know anything yet. But also really what other things could’ve happened?

The footage is proof some drivers atleast looked in her direction. I really hope the people who switched lanes to the left to give her car space saw something and just haven’t realized it yet. I know I always look over at stopped cars.

Very frustrating seeing people saying negative things. She was smart about it, called 911 to make a report and called a trusted person before seemingly approaching the toddler. There were also so so many cars around her too.

Hopefully we get more credible information soon. Really really hoping she is alright, she seemed like she was on the up.

This was my first thought. But doesn’t that run the risk of the kid getting hit by a car or something? I haven’t seen what this road/highway looks like so unsure of the layout.

Also… using a child as bait (and I wish I could think of a better term for that) means they’re looking for some random person to victimize - but for what? Her car and at least some belongings were left behind. You might get a 16 year old girl who stops, you might get an 80 year old man. It’s just odd.

Sorry, kinda jumped off your post!
On the other hand, someone devious enough to use a toddler to induce a situation favorable to criminal activity just might not be very particular, particularly depending upon their end goal. moo

How could someone drive up to her, not knowing who she was, or if she had a gun, and within three minutes get her out of the car and into theirs, and leave the scene. Her phone and smartwatch were left behind so she can’t be tracked. <modsnip - not victim friendly>
From MSM accounts, she got of her car to check on the unattended toddler. moo

Here is a real wild theory---trying to figure a possible scenario-----

A male harms his girlfriend and runs off with their toddler---maybe in one of those homes nearby that freeway?

As he is there hiding out, waiting for his ride [?] ----the toddler gets away and starts walking by the roadway----Carlee sees the baby and pulls over----she gets out of the car because she thinks she sees him walking towards the treeline, but suddenly the perp pops up and tries to grab her---they scuffle but he over powers her?

I was reviewing this article:

This stood out to me:

“Her car door was open, the engine was running, and they found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat,’’ Talitha Russell said. “Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well.”

bbm

I think it’s very interesting that she wasn’t wearing her Apple Watch. I wonder why

Something about this is reminding me of the young college student in Baton Rouge who parked her car on the Mississippi River bridge, and jumped off the bridge. It wasn't psychosis, but depression, feelings of failure, and not being good enough. Initially, everyone chimed in with crazy theories of abduction, but there was a lot law enforcement held back. That said, foul play is also very plausible.
I remember. Theories included someone had taken her but she had jumped from somewhere. I when remember people claiming an uncle that was speaking to the media was involved. I'm glad her family eventually got answers.
I was reviewing this article:

This stood out to me:

“Her car door was open, the engine was running, and they found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat,’’ Talitha Russell said. “Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well.”

bbm

I think it’s very interesting that she wasn’t wearing her Apple Watch. I wonder why
Perhaps it was dead. Maybe she doesn't wear it àll the time. I wonder if she's not allowed to wear it at work and maybe hadn't put it back on. My granddaughter works at one of those indoor trampoline parks. She is not allowed to wear her Apple Watch. I hope Carlee is found safe.

That’s so bizarre. Am I the only one who can’t see anything on that video?
Like I can’t even see her getting off.
I’m stunned by the traffic, at first I assumed its some isolated stretch of road but it turns out that soo many cars passed her. Someone would see something and stop I hope? Call in some struggle going on? Woman and a child alone by side of a road ? Anything?

No idea what to think. So bizarre.

The woman’s mother believes someone took advantage of Russell, whose guard was lowered in the moments after calling 911 and felt secure being on the phone with her brother’s girlfriend.

“My son’s girlfriend heard her asking the child, ‘Are you Ok? She never heard the child say anything but then she heard our daughter scream,’’ Talitha Russell told AL.com.

“From there all you hear on her phone is background noise from the interstate.”
 Russell had already called 911 and was talking with a family member as she pulled off I-459 to check on the child when the line mysteriously went silent

Russell's mother, Talitha Russell, told CNN affiliate WBRC that she was working to stay positive during the search for her daughter.

"We are trusting God, we are staying positive, we are not allowing any negative thoughts to enter our minds," she told WBRC. "So all that we are doing is trusting God, believe in God that our daughter will be brought home safely."

Last edited:
That’s so bizarre. Am I the only one who can’t see anything on that video?
Like I can’t even see her getting off.
I’m stunned by the traffic, at first I assumed its some isolated stretch of road but it turns out that soo many cars passed her. Someone would see something and stop I hope? Call in some struggle going on? Woman and a child alone by side of a road ? Anything?

No idea what to think. So bizarre.
I can see her on this video then she seems to disappear. I wasn't expecting it to be so dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper