Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree they’re probably hunkered down within a few hours’ drive of Florence, maybe in an RV park or cabin area where everyone is from somewhere else and showing up suddenly doesn’t stand out as unusual. VW may be in danger, but it CW is smart, he’ll recognize that he needs her if he wants to stay on the lam.

I don’t think Mexico or Canada theories are very plausible. It would be risky to cross either border and they weren’t particularly close to either. They were a 10-hour drive from Windsor, 13 hours from Niagara Falls, and 15 hours from Laredo. I might put more stock in them entering Canada illegally (there are several places in Minnesota where it’s possible to cross undetected if you know what you’re doing), but there’s no evidence that they’ve been spotted there or that VW has any familiarity with the area.
They need to just stay where they are for now. It's been working for nearly a week so far. I'd wait it out for at least another week, maybe two before doing anything or going anywhere. jmo

New Member here.

Im not a law enforcement officer, but I work directly with them. Considering her length of service and good reputation, she would have had considerable resources to find places to lay low. And if they have been planning this for at least a year, she would have had time to scout and supply their hideout.

I have access to people who know where empty properties are. I know our probate judges and what cases they are trying to find next of kin for, and how long theyre search has been. I have access to systems that might have a deceased persons identity information.

They might not have gone far yet. Buy a cash car, park it in the opposite direction. Drop your vehicle and drive back with your new vehicle.

All speculation of course, but I have access to these means, and I dont have nearly as much access to information she would have.

MANHUNT DAY 7

#CaseyWhite has a long, violent criminal history. I obtained this series of jail booking of the man who’s now at the center of this nationwide manhunt after escaping from jail, aided in the escape by corrections officer #VickyWhite
View attachment 342584 View attachment 342585 View attachment 342586 View attachment 342587

https://twitter.com/matt_kroschel/status/1522246893283254277?s=21&t=wRuHxuJ87dYqYBhQ7PQvyw
It’s crazy how different he looks in some of these. Just goes to show if he lost weight and grew hair, he might be harder to notice. Tho he will always be 6’9” with tattoos… ;)

If it was all over the internet that I was carrying a huge amount of cash in a duffle bag, I sure wouldn't head to Mexico. They wouldn't get five miles.
Ha. Good point. Any border crossing would only work if they made it to the border and we’re already laying low by the time the story gained steam the next day. I think we’ll find them in the mountains within a few hours driving distance.

A retirement party was being planned for Vicky White on the day of the escape.

“I think some of them had gotten gifts for her and different things because they all respected her but some of them almost looked at her as a mother figure,” Singleton said.

“They’re just devastated. We brought counselors in for the employees…

To find one as good as Vicky White was just rare – someone who could make a career out of it.”

“I don’t know how many corrections officers we’ve been through just since I’ve been sheriff in just seven years,” Singleton said.

“The pay is pathetic. And the work environment is probably one of the worst work environments you could ask for.

Alabama jail employees saw Vicky White as ‘mother figure,’ planned retirement party, sheriff says

Welcome @MaybeWeveTalked !! Great information! I hope LE are looking into her internet searches and empty houses!

Oh, that would be step one, but I could do all of this without leaving a digital trail.

They would immediately have gotten access to many of her personal records simply because they may have considered her missing and endangered.

If shes smart, learned from her interactions with criminals and applied her own training, they could be in the wind for awhile.

But they always make a mistake at some point.

I know I cruised right across the border without even slowing down from San Diego to Tijuana in 2017. Perhaps that's changed?

Nope. It has not changed. You just drive on through. We need a passport or passport card (or special driver’s license) to get back across the border. But we just drive on through. No checkpoint. No stopping.

Source: Firsthand knowledge. I have in-laws who live in TJ.

Some of the details in this one have been shared but I don’t remember if anyone shared these quotes about his disregard for human life. Check out the article for a bit more detail.

I tried to get in, and she locked the door. And I tried to smash it, and the gun started going off,” White told police.

The wild December 2, 2015 crime spree in Giles County ended when White reportedly pulled a gun on a Williamson County man and carjacked his vehicle.

Alabama lawmen chased White, eventually capturing him, but not before a blistering gun battle that broke glass and puts holes in metal.

“He has no remorse for life whatsoever,” Hunter said. “Anyone he encounters, he is a danger to society. I think if he is trapped, pinned, he will use whatever means he can to escape.”

Escaped Alabama inmate Casey White has extensive criminal history in Tennessee

Ha. Good point. Any border crossing would only work if they made it to the border and we’re already laying low by the time the story gained steam the next day. I think we’ll find them in the mountains within a few hours driving distance.

I think they would be noticed in Canada persistently trying to pay for everything in USD. Same with Mexico, but it might draw some very unwanted notice.

I don't think they are heading to either Canada or Mexico.

Oh, that would be step one, but I could do all of this without leaving a digital trail.

They would immediately have gotten access to many of her personal records simply because they may have considered her missing and endangered.

If shes smart, learned from her interactions with criminals and applied her own training, they could be in the wind for awhile.

But they always make a mistake at some point.
How far would this reach? Only to local areas? Or the state of Alabama? Or across the lines into neighboring states? Hopefully, a colleague is able to think as she would have and do some research on these non-digital records.

New Member here.

Im not a law enforcement officer, but I work directly with them. Considering her length of service and good reputation, she would have had considerable resources to find places to lay low. And if they have been planning this for at least a year, she would have had time to scout and supply their hideout.

I have access to people who know where empty properties are. I know our probate judges and what cases they are trying to find next of kin for, and how long theyre search has been. I have access to systems that might have a deceased persons identity information.

They might not have gone far yet. Buy a cash car, park it in the opposite direction. Drop your vehicle and drive back with your new vehicle.

All speculation of course, but I have access to these means, and I dont have nearly as much access to information she would have.

Welcome, MaybeWeveTalked! Please stick around.

I hope the sheriff's dept. started researching VW's database activity early on, but somehow I doubt it. MOO

Casey White and Vicky White search: Here's what we've learned so far as the search enters its 7th day - CNN

<snip>

Now, with the search entering its seventh day, authorities are investigating "promising" leads and tips they've received from "all over," Singleton said on CNN's "Don Lemon Tonight" on Wednesday.

"I can tell you that we've had multiple reports of sightings from Florida all the way up to Kentucky," Singleton said -- though not all of them have proven fruitful: In one instance, a woman went into a convenience store and handed a clerk a note that said, "I'm Vicky White, I've been kidnapped, help me," Singleton said. But she was not, in fact, Vicky White.

<snip>

Investigation set back by release of a lead

Leading up to their escape, Vicky White purchased the SUV in Rogersville, about 25 miles east of Lauderdale County, said Singleton. The night before she disappeared with Casey White, the officer parked the car in the shopping center parking lot. The pair drove to the parking lot the next day and fled in the SUV.

When investigators were finally able to confirm the description of the escape car Monday, they intended to send it internally to other law enforcement agencies, but the lead was accidentally released to the public.
"The description of the car is what we worked on hard all weekend because we had no clue what kind of vehicle they left in," Singleton told CNN's Don Lemon on Wednesday night. "We put the word out to law enforcement to be on the lookout and inadvertently one of those agencies sent the description out publicly. That really set us back."
Singleton said the pair has likely ditched the car by now because the description is being widely shared.

I think they would be noticed in Canada persistently trying to pay for everything in USD. Same with Mexico, but it might draw some very unwanted notice.

I don't think they are heading to either Canada or Mexico.

I agree. The hard thing for those of us reading is to realize that the people in question wouldn’t do what we would do.

Someone pointed out yesterday (paraphrasing) they would only take risks where they felt a certain degree of familiarity or control. So if they hunted and were outdoorsmen/backwoodsmen, that would feel like less of a risk than it would be for me (who doesn’t have those skills).

If I were in their shoes, believing I would literally be locked up for life if caught, I would have felt more comfortable crossing into Tijuana or even Windsor or elsewhere internationally — because I’ve traveled extensively and can envision the exact border-check processes and how you might get around scrutiny. I would’ve also gone to great lengths to prep details — stashing supplies in a van or RV, loading prepaid visas, booking accommodations in other names, changing my money to Canadian or Mexican currency, etc. But each of those things (besides the aliases) are things I’ve done in life (for legal reasons of course) which is why I’d be more prone to see them as less risky.

We really do need to understand them. They led lives that primarily stuck to Alabama and Tennessee, for example. She had experience raising animals according to her mother in law — so maybe some farming skills. He is said to be from the back woods. That’s why I say they are in a rural remote setting there in the south.

How far would this reach? Only to local areas? Or the state of Alabama? Or across the lines into neighboring states? Hopefully, a colleague is able to think as she would have and do some research on these non-digital records.

If shes been visiting/communicating with him for at least 2 years? There would be so much time to research the whole state. Im not saying there *isnt* a digital record, but a tablet only used on public wifi with no personal information on it. Youre looking for a needle in a haystack.

Welcome, MaybeWeveTalked! Please stick around.

I hope the sheriff's dept. started researching VW's database activity early on, but somehow I doubt it. MOO

Im sure they would have but she was a Supervisor. She could have easily asked a subordinate to check something out.

There seems to be a high turnover rate at their facility, people who looked into stuff for her might not even work there anymore.

If shes been visiting/communicating with him for at least 2 years? There would be so much time to research the whole state. Im not saying there *isnt* a digital record, but a tablet only used on public wifi with no personal information on it. Youre looking for a needle in a haystack.
Right. It would take five minutes to go to the local Best Buy and pay cash for a $99 tablet that can access WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member