Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't sound right to me. Everyone works from a computer these days. Can anyone who's familiar with the inside workings of penitentiary's share if this could possibly be true?

It’s not impossible for an attorney to bring a laptop into an Alabama state prison, it just requires more paperwork and the request can still be denied.

From AR-303:
1BBE116E-6CAB-4FB6-B17C-DAB0F62F047A.png

Could the green paint have been added by someone random after it was at the tow lot? It sat there a week.

I ask because this article says the towing guy remembered the orange car with damage to the left rear bumper. But the green paint wasn't mentioned. (Of course, it could have been mentioned in articles that have more details.) I guess, to me, graffiti seems likelier than VW and/or CW attempting to paint it in the middle of the road. (And I doubt they would have painted it prior to then because an orange car stands out; an orange car with a weird, sparkly green patch would really stand out.)

I wonder how they got away from the orange car. There are houses around (though spread out), it would have been the middle of the day and, if seen, they would have been pretty conspicuous walking along the edge of the road. Cutting through people's property could be potentially problematic too. Some landowners don't take kindly to trespassers. It's not completely remote if it was called in and towed within an hour or two of it appearing.

I think they had a second vehicle stashed in TN close to where the orange one was abandoned. They picked up the second car, both drove separately to the intersection, deserted the orange car, and took off together in the second car.

Still can't figure out why it was abandoned in the middle of the road but perhaps so the other car's (if there is one) hiding spot wasn't revealed.

Just my random speculations.... MOO.

Last edited:
Did they bring the spray paint with them? Is there a request out for anyone that sold many cans of spray paint to a woman? Were they going to abandon/hide the car in the woods and wanted it to be green and less easy to spot?
I wonder if there was a shoutout to locals for trailcam footage near where car was dumped?

Part of me thinks that Vicky knew how inept her coworkers/procedures were and is giving them all a bullseye on their chitshow for her own and Casey's benefits.

The way the paint job started, it looked like they might have been trying to give it a camouflage look. Maybe they had cans of different shades of khaki coloured paint bought in different places. I think they realized that even a camo look requires some finesse. Not just big blobby sprays of paint that dripped so they just gave up. And I don't believe they were doing it so they could still drive it but to hide it in the underbrush so it wouldn't have been noticable to people on the road. An orange vehicle hiding in the underbrush would have garnered attention more than one left on the side of the road.

Hi Otto,

Its not clear when she handled the pension papers in.

There was a lot of discussion about whether she could receive her pension as a felon. Given that the felony was at work, that may make a difference. If I had to guess, I think the pension papers were handed in the day before she absconded with the prisoner. She must have given notice earlier.

Disclaimer: I am a law enforcement supporter, but I can’t help but be very concerned about the way this situation is being handled.

What amazes me is that after dropping the ball on every aspect of logical investigative procedure the first 48 hours, the sheriff seems have a lackadaisical attitude.
(satire warning)
Oh, oops we posted confidential details about the car on Facebook. My bad! Whoops, the car was abandoned on a public road stripped of its license plate five days ago and we just now found out about it. Somebody forgot to tell authorities in the neighboring state about the flaming burnt orange car and dangerous murderer armed with long guns who vowed to kill his ex as soon as he got out. Whose daddy lives in Tennessee.
I hope he’s pulling a Columbo, because this is a serious situation that requires a coordinated, all hands on deck response. MOO

Cool!

Of course the irony is that they did post the car details but pulled the info as a leak to be disregarded.

The way the paint job started, it looked like they might have been trying to give it a camouflage look. Maybe they had cans of different shades of khaki coloured paint bought in different places. I think they realized that even a camo look requires some finesse. Not just big blobby sprays of paint that dripped so they just gave up. And I don't believe they were doing it so they could still drive it but to hide it in the underbrush so it wouldn't have been noticable to people on the road. An orange vehicle hiding in the underbrush would have garnered attention more than one left on the side of the road.
See, that's the thing. Why would Vicky purchase such a conspicuous color for a vehicle...unless it was part of her plan that she WANTED it to be discovered. An orange car sitting out in the middle of nowhere would be easily spotted by anyone who happened to either drive or walk by the location.

It just adds to the mystery. I'm trying to rationalize all these pieces of the puzzle.

I bet you’re right!

From article: “I wouldn’t say he was slow, but I wouldn’t say he was very quick with it,” Bryant said.

So he's:
•A violent criminal
•A drug user
•A white supremacist
*and*
•Not very intelligent

Way to go, Vicky. What a catch!

I’m beginning to think that she got the job at the jail to meet men, and it took her 15 years to find Mr Right!

Could the green paint have been added by someone random after it was at the tow lot? It sat there a week.

I ask because this article says the towing guy remembered the orange car with damage to the left rear bumper. But the green paint wasn't mentioned. (Of course, it could have been mentioned in articles that have more details.) I guess, to me, graffiti seems likelier than VW and/or CW attempting to paint it in the middle of the road. (And I doubt they would have painted it prior to then because an orange car stands out; an orange car with a weird, sparkly, green patch would really stand out.)

I wonder how they got away from the orange car. There are houses around (though spread out), it would have been the middle of the day and, if seen, they would have been pretty conspicuous walking along the edge of the road. Cutting through people's property could be potentially problematic too. Some landowners don't take kindly to trespassers. It's not completely remote if it was called in and towed within an hour or two of it appearing.

I think they had a second vehicle stashed in TN close to where the orange one was abandoned. They picked up the second car, both drove in separately to the intersection, deserted the orange car, and took off together in the second car.

Still can't figure out why it was abandoned in the middle of the road but perhaps so the other car's (if there is one) hiding spot wasn't revealed.

Just my random speculations.... MOO.
I'm open to the paint being somehow unrelated to this, as it's just an absurd thing to do. If anything, it makes that ridiculous color car even more conspicuous, as who the heck spray paints a car?!

I dunno, it just doesn't fit any scenario well.

I'm confident that part of the planning would be to purchase at least one burner phone, which may have been used if that car did in fact break down, and this wasn't part of the plan.

It's frustrating as the details are scarce here.

Is it for
This is roughly what I envisioned when I saw the half-assed attempt to spray paint the car.

I don't think the SUV broke down. I think they decided to try to make it less conspicuous, pulled onto a quiet rural road to stop and spray it, but it soon became clear it was going to take a lot of time and many cans of paint and still look pretty obviously orange underneath. But what other plan could they try?

Then maybe a car approached, and VW and CW decided to carjack the passing car and simply abandon the orange SUV and the painting project.

They could have lured the approaching driver to stop by pretending to need help. Obviously no dead body has been found at the site where the SUV was abandoned, but that doesn't mean they didn't kidnap and kill the driver and dump the body somewhere it hasn't yet been found or at least not tied to a missing vehicle from that vicinity.

Crazy, but not any less so than this whole story.

MOO
It is for certain VW and/or SW were the ones spray painting the vehicle? It doesn’t sound like an adult would find spray painting a car a good (or reasonable) idea for camouflaging a car.

It’s not impossible for an attorney to bring a laptop into an Alabama state prison, it just requires more paperwork and the request can still be denied.

From AR-303:
View attachment 342688
Interesting. And certainly the attorney knew this rule.

I wonder if CW’s lawyer colluded with him to make this request that would likely be turned down, knowing that he could then apply to have CW transferred to the minimum security jail. A pretext to serve his or her client if CW was insisting that he wanted to be transferred there.

Not saying the attorney would know CW’s real motive for the transfer. I believe if he or she did, the lawyer would be guilty of misprision of felony. But just in the “interest” of his or her client.

Does CW have a private attorney? Because if so, that attorney will want to get paid. If for no other reason, I doubt the attorney would otherwise facilitate an escape plan.

JMO

Last edited:

From AR-303:
View attachment 342688
So the alternative to common sense (allowing a proper exam/lawyer visit with required technology in the 22nd year of the 21st century) is to send a very dangerous man to a local jail for an extended stay?

CW was sentenced to 75 years and they basically gave him a "parole" of sorts which led to an escape.

I have no respect for a bureaucracy that is so backward it endangers the public with inane rules. It was definitely more dangerous to move this prisoner than to deny a meeting with counsel due to use of technology.

I mean, there was no danger of him getting out of prison anytime soon. The system itself introduced the danger.

JMO

I'm a realtor so I know in my state of SC you have to present to the closing attorney your photo id. If you're an officer with an LLC you must provide proof of that too. I would be very surprised if she bought property without identification (fake or real). If she had 2 years to plan this they both may have fake id's, JMO.
I’m a realtor too and some thoughts:

1) in my State lawyers are almost never involved in residential real estate transactions and LLCs can be created online in about 15 minutes for less than $200.

2) Closings were conducted VERY differently during COVID. Much was done remotely. E-signatures were accepted for many documents. Realtors were asked not to attend client closings in person, and the actual “closing” involved a closing representative meeting signers in a parking lot, passing all documents through a car window, parties signing docs in their car and passing them back through the window to the representative who would take them inside the building to be notorized. Occassionally a notary might bring documents to a signer’s home. Either way, everyone wore masks at all times.

IMO the upper part of peoples faces generally bore little resemblence to what they looked like pre-COVID. Haircuts were ignored or botched at-home. Shaving and makeup went by the wayside. And it seemed millions of people abandoned contact lenses in favor of glasses. To the untrained eye I know I looked nothing like my driver’s license photo.

3.) COVID or not, some people find it frightening how easily property title can be changed with a simple quit claim. I can see Vicky paying some home owner cash under the table in exchange for a quit claim in her (fake new) name. With quit claims, scrutiny typically focuses on the authenticity of the quit-claimer rather than the new owner. If the previous owner was on board w/the transaction and unaware of Vicky’s real identity she could probably pull off a pseudo-legitimate home purchase without beimg caught.

4.) Should they need verifiable IDs for any reason, I imagine Vicky had the resources to identify names/SSNs of a similar looking prisoners incarcerated for life. Ideally with no or estranged family ties . Does the IRS and/or credit agencies even keep track of who’s supposed to be in prison? If not, most life prisoners probably don’t bother to monitor their credit reports and I imagine all sorts of shenanagins could be accomplished with little risk of detection.

Last edited:
Is it for

It is for certain VW and/or SW were the ones spray painting the vehicle? It doesn’t sound like an adult would find spray painting a car a good (or reasonable) idea for camouflaging a car.
You’d be surprised.

Todd Kohlhepp admitted to Kala Brown that he disposed of Charlie Carver's car after murdering him and taking her captive. He spray-painted the white sedan brown and covered it with tree branches and other debris in an attempt to conceal it.

52F0B04A-DE2B-47E4-A007-F60D4C532996.jpeg

IANAL, but if she gave her notice and handed in her pension papers, can her pension now be revoked, due to her actions?

I would assume so, but I don't know.

JMVHO.
I read that the Sheriff said VW had been fired, that her retirement papers hadn't been processed and that she would not get her pension because of commiting a crime on the job.

From article: “I wouldn’t say he was slow, but I wouldn’t say he was very quick with it,” Bryant said.

So he's:
•A violent criminal
•A drug user
•A white supremacist
*and*
•Not very intelligent

Way to go, Vicky. What a catch.
From your link ...

“Casey suffers from a mental illness,” [Casey's lawyer] said. “... When he’s on medication and in a supervised environment... he’s a decent person. When he gets out of incarceration, he is unable to stay on his medication and he even self medicates by smoking methamphetamine or taking other illegal substances.”​
...​
“He can’t function in the real world because he can’t get his medication and he doesn’t do well free,” Bryant said. “That is a little concerning when you talk to someone and they say, ‘I can’t function outside of an incarcerated facility’.”​
“Just his size alone,” Bryant added. “I’m 6-foot-3, 220 pounds and he makes me feel small.”​
...​
“Casey told me several times that he hated being in Donaldson prison,” Bryant said. “... He just wanted out of Donaldson prison. I’m not saying he didn’t commit the murder of Ms. [Connie] Ridgeway, but I’m saying the reason he confessed to the murder was to get out of Donaldson prison.”​
Investigators revealed that Vicky and Casey may have been planning this escape for over a year. However, Bryant said that he was shocked by the sophistication of the escape because it doesn’t seem like something Casey could do."​
VW would not be safe in this situation.

There was a lot of discussion about whether she could receive her pension as a felon. Given that the felony was at work, that may make a difference. If I had to guess, I think the pension papers were handed in the day before she absconded with the prisoner. She must have given notice earlier.

I wonder about this as well.

ETA: @SherryLock , thanks for your quick response!

As far as VW purchasing real estate, she did use aliases. However, I don't know if she'd be able to pull off buying a house, even if she did have a fake ID and pay cash.

If she did buy something, a mobile home, motor home or travel trailer is more like purchasing a vehicle than a house so that might be more likely, especially if bought secondhand from an individual rather than from a dealer.

Last edited:
See, that's the thing. Why would Vicky purchase such a conspicuous color for a vehicle...unless it was part of her plan that she WANTED it to be discovered. An orange car sitting out in the middle of nowhere would be easily spotted by anyone who happened to either drive or walk by the location.

It just adds to the mystery. I'm trying to rationalize all these pieces of the puzzle.

I believe she bought the vehicle because it was cheap and was only going to be used briefly until their main getaway vehicle could be reached. The fact that its colour created a flurry of attention so people statewide and beyond were looking just made it that much easier to fly under the radar in a nondescript vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova