Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly am on the side of LE and think they have an extremely dangerous job, trying to serve the public.

But...this sheriff. A know-nothing with apparently no awareness of what's going on right under his nose.

Next I expect him to say they fled to join the circus as trapeze artists.

Also agree that Vicky may be smart (or rather, cunning) but only in her field and on her turf. I think she's actually been troubled for awhile, who knows why, but I don't think she's "smart" in any other sense. Seething internally, looking for a change, maybe some excitement. Thinks he loves her. But no one "smart" would not think the consequences through to the end. She's not going to get what she wanted out of this, not over the long term.

Jmo
The Sheriff is a piece of work alright. But in general, I believe in the boys in blue. Not everyone can be an A student though.;)

IMO, if she had intended the orange car to be a decoy, she would have bought it using her real name, not an alias.

Having a second (drab) escape vehicle stashed near the orange abandonment spot seemed possible at first, but it would have forced them into a specific escape route, when it seems wiser to leave options open to react to changing situations. Who knows if she would have thought like that though.

I think the paint job was abandoned either because they realized how attention-getting it would still be, or they didn't bring enough paint, etc. And maybe because something spooked them into needing to leave ASAP.

So I'm thinking they initially intended to keep going in the Edge, then eventually realized how unique/noticeable the color was, then stole a vehicle along the way, maybe shortly before deciding to pull off into a rural area to paint the Edge -- either to camoflauge it to abandon, or to camo it and maybe continue on with two vehicles.

Then when paint failed they simply left it. Hiding it would have been better for them -- even hiding in plain sight, such as parking it in a lot or in front of an apartment building where it could sit for a while before becoming obvious it didn't belong. Leaving it blocking the road seems like an "oh s#*&" moment when they felt they just needed to get out of there immediately, regardless of how poorly positioned the car was.

MOO

Neighbors who live on Banner Adamas Road say they saw the orange SUV Casey and Vicky White used to escape on a hill nearby. They say knowing fugitives were in that car brings an unsettling feeling.

Jennifer Carr says the orange SUV was sitting just beyond her front yard last Friday.

“I was just sitting at my desk in my office working and I heard a noisy truck and it sat idle for the longest time,” Carr says. “So I looked out the window a few times like “what’s going on?” I didn’t know.”

She says that the truck left. A few minutes later a sheriff’s car was parked in the same spot and she was confused about what was going on.

“I told my husband and he looked out and he could see a red SUV,” Carr explains.

Carr says the SUV was towed away and that was the last she saw of it. She says her neighbor, a school bus driver called it in.

“School bus driver had to go up the hill and I’m guessing it would probably be blocking her,” says Carr.

Noisy truck? At first I thought the noisy truck was the tow truck, but that doesn't line up with this article. Around my parts, a noisy truck usually means it's missing it's catalytic converter. Catalytic converter theft is very rampant here. The tweakers here will sell the one off of their own vehicle. Hmmmm.

Neighbors who live on Banner Adamas Road say they saw the orange SUV Casey and Vicky White used to escape on a hill nearby. They say knowing fugitives were in that car brings an unsettling feeling.

Jennifer Carr says the orange SUV was sitting just beyond her front yard last Friday.

“I was just sitting at my desk in my office working and I heard a noisy truck and it sat idle for the longest time,” Carr says. “So I looked out the window a few times like “what’s going on?” I didn’t know.”

She says that the truck left. A few minutes later a sheriff’s car was parked in the same spot and she was confused about what was going on.

“I told my husband and he looked out and he could see a red SUV,” Carr explains.

The noisy truck might be a clue. Did they leave in the truck? It could have been idling while they transferred their stuff from the car to the truck. Was the truck their second getaway vehicle or did someone offer them a ride?

Last edited:
I'm rethinking the idea that that orange disaster was a decoy. It was found before these two were even discovered missing that Friday.
They might be kicking themselves that it was found. Had it not been left in the middle of the road, but rather dumped in a hidden away spot, police would still be looking for an orange car (as they indeed did for 5 days).
Maybe it doesn't matter anymore, since it's 8 days later.

Maybe too, that car just conked out in the middle of that road. But I still question why VW would have chosen such an unreliable and visible car. So maybe it did have decoy purpose.
Bizarre any way you look at it.

Me too and it would be such an easy thing to find out. That's why it bothered me when Sheriff Singleton seemed to just guess it broke down. I mean come on, wouldn't that be one of the first things you'd ask the tow company? But now thinking about it, the keys were probably not with the car so they couldn't even attempt to start it???
That’s not an obstacle, people lose their keys all the time. Law a enforcement could easily get a dealership or locksmith to help them figure it out. Maybe the sheriff is not giving all accurate info on purpose.

And I keep seeing her radio mentioned. At least once during the press release, the sheriff said very specifically that the orange car was empty.

Last edited:
I followed what she said just fine. She’s reporting what she heard. Even if the police checked out an abandoned car (which they are known to do), they weren’t even aware Casey was missing at that point so LE wouldn’t have raised an alarm. Cars are left all the time. It seemed run of the mill to them probably.

IIRC, it was the tow truck driver that later heard about the escapees on the news and told his boss about the copper SUV that he had towed and his boss called the police with this information. If there had been a local sheriff involved earlier when the car was towed, then wouldn't s/he have called notified the appropriate LE when s/he saw the news or bulletin?

I’m a little surprised there aren’t any talented people who could go to the lot and get that orange SUV started (Hotwire?) to check for mechanical difficulties. Surely a mechanic has gone over it…???? If not….WHY NOT? It’s a big piece of info.

The area was wooded where they left the car right? They couldn’t put it in neutral (if broken down) and push it off the road?

BTW doesn’t sound like a good idea to buy cars from whatever dealer sold her that car, if the car DID break down. Lol. Yikes.

The more articles I go back to read, the smarter I think she is. People who liked her and people who didn’t like her both describe her as smart. She certainly found her window and got ahead of a national manhunt. The evidence says she’s smart. Wait til the truth comes out and I bet we will hear about a lot of other orchestration she did that will blow our minds.

She's not smart enough to have planned a safe future life for herself.

At 56, she appears to have possibly 20-25 more years of life ahead of her.

She hasn't really set herself up for good use of those years.

Sorry so long! I'm not so sure about the reports about VW's high intelligence and upstanding character tbh.

I'm sure she knew what was going on at the jail she worked at and how to get around the obstacles there, but who wouldn't after all those years. After that, does it really take a genius to plan a place to hide out and get there. Maybe it mostly just takes a little luck.

Also, her job is one that frequently has to take just about anyone who would show up. It doesn't require much education, is low paying, horrible conditions, dangerous and with high turnover. It could be just showing up the longest and being somewhat agreeable and somewhat competent gets you employee of the year award sometimes at a place like that.

It seems to me much more likely that she had been skirting the rules for some time in this poorly run jail and was well liked because she let others do the same. I see that long slide into something this drastic before seeing her suddenly jumping off the deep end out of nowhere after many years of exemplary behavior. I wonder if she had other prison boyfriends before this guy and what else she's been involved in all along. Like she is more like an inmate than a guard, in other words. I'd think it would be easy to become corrupted in an environment like that.

Maybe she even believes in her convict boyfriend's innocence and thinks she's righteously saving him. One thing that occurred to me is that he's in for 75 years when he has NOT been convicted of any murders, if I recall correctly. IF that is correct, though he does seem to me a very dangerous individual who BELONGS behind bars, that still seems a heavy sentence for crimes that are less than murder.

MOO

It may be a low paying job at entry, and not requiring much experience, but to get promoted she needed to have skills that warranted it. Promotion to a leadership role like assistant director is not based on seniority. I think she is very competent and did her job well.

IMO, if she had intended the orange car to be a decoy, she would have bought it using her real name, not an alias.

Having a second (drab) escape vehicle stashed near the orange abandonment spot seemed possible at first, but it would have forced them into a specific escape route, when it seems wiser to leave options open to react to changing situations. Who knows if she would have thought like that though.

I think the paint job was abandoned either because they realized how attention-getting it would still be, or they didn't bring enough paint, etc. And maybe because something spooked them into needing to leave ASAP.

So I'm thinking they initially intended to keep going in the Edge, then eventually realized how unique/noticeable the color was, then stole a vehicle along the way, maybe shortly before deciding to pull off into a rural area to paint the Edge -- either to camoflauge it to abandon, or to camo it and maybe continue on with two vehicles.

Then when paint failed they simply left it. Hiding it would have been better for them -- even hiding in plain sight, such as parking it in a lot or in front of an apartment building where it could sit for a while before becoming obvious it didn't belong. Leaving it blocking the road seems like an "oh s#*&" moment when they felt they just needed to get out of there immediately, regardless of how poorly positioned the car was.

MOO
And we really don't know when it was painted, before the escape or after. She might have thought she could do it before she left.

She's not smart enough to have planned a safe future life for herself.

At 56, she appears to have possibly 20-25 more years of life ahead of her.

She hasn't really set herself up for good use of those years.
Maybe she is sick. Too bad HIPAA prevents us from finding out what doctor appointment she missed. As a matter of fact I actually don’t doubt her story that she wasn’t feeling well. She had the doctors appointment for a reason. MOO

Someone mentioned earlier maybe it was a “Plan B” in case she got caught same-day which is a good possibility outside my theory she had a severe health issue. MOO

Do you think the cops would see it as suspicious enough to bother making keys to start it though? My gut says they just chalked it up as abandoned and waved it away to be towed.
That’s not an obstacle, people lose their keys all the time. Law a enforcement could easily get a dealership or locksmith to help them figure it out. Maybe the sheriff is not giving all accurate info on purpose.

And I keep seeing her radio mentioned. At least once during the press release, the sheriff said very specifically that the orange car was empty.

I'm rethinking the idea that that orange disaster was a decoy. It was found before these two were even discovered missing that Friday.
They might be kicking themselves that it was found. Had it not been left in the middle of the road, but rather dumped in a hidden away spot, police would still be looking for an orange car (as they indeed did for 5 days).
Maybe it doesn't matter anymore, since it's 8 days later.

Maybe too, that car just conked out in the middle of that road. But I still question why VW would have chosen such an unreliable and visible car. So maybe it did have decoy purpose.
Bizarre any way you look at it.
The bigger question is what vehicle, if any, are they in now and how did they get from that rural location to wherever they are now? If they had supplies with them in the orange car, they would have had to transfer them to the other vehicle. Is that other vehicle the noisy truck the neighbor heard? Did she actually see the truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke