AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue of debit and credit cards has been a bit confusing. First we heard she dealt with only cash and then we heard that she banked using her phone and then we heard there might be a debit or credit card. We do know cash was found at her apartment. I think this question of debit and credit cards needs to be kicked back to the VI as I'm confused. I find it hard to believe there isn't at least a debit card of some kind present here. Maybe the reloadable kind of debit card or a prepaid Visa card. Just one of the many topics that has alot of loose ends. So far as I recall MPD has not said anything about any kind of card DNV might have had being used post disappearance.

Also, if someone can find a link to the 30 min full press conference by the Chief of Police please please post. All evidence of it seems to have vanished and I have spent hours looking for it online. Thanks in advance!

I questioned the credit card as one of her goals is pay Cap One, I believe. Maybe she was paying a credit card off.

@Keyedin
So who started the rumors about what Danni did that night? Who first portrayed her as a "bar hopping" "party train"?

The post you shared earlier in this thread linked back to a post made by @cedgison wherein she stated DNV was meeting up with friends to go bar hopping- or something along those lines, but specifically used the term bar hopping.

Maybe. DW was at the police station with the phone on the morning of July 20. When he left the police station, the phone was in the hands of the police.

I'm not disputing what he did. I feel pretty certain that something caused him some concern between the first call to JDT to let her know he had the phone and the 2nd call to JDT letting her know that TT called DNV's phone and that he (DW) let TT know what was going on. It sounds like- disregarding everything else we have learned thusfar- he was holding onto the phone waiting for DNV to personally reach out to him to get it. It's stated he voiced concerns over DNV when he talked to JDT and if I were concerned someone was in trouble, I would probably want to see them myself to know they were fine.

He gave the phone to JDT at the first station, she gave it to LE at the second station.
JDT stated the phone had a 5 or 6 digit lock code. It was locked when she received it. She said a friend of of Danni’s had to give her the code for her to get into it. She stated she had the phone for a very short time (must have been from time DW gave it to her until she gave it to police at station #2) Looking back on timeline, she left a note at DVs appt on Wednesday am (presumably to tell her DW would drop her phone off at PF Chang’s). She checked later Wednesday and the note was still there.

I'm confused. DNV missed her appointment Tuesday night at Dublin's to pick up her phone. DW calls JDT the next morning, at 7:30am, to tell her he had her phone.

No one thought it was worthwhile to meet DW and get DNV's phone on Wednesday or Thursday to call her friends to find out where she was? Did anyone call hospitals or jails to find out if DNV was in an accident?

DNV who was so responsible she was working double shifts one week after giving birth, and no one thought to raise the alarm when she didn't show up for work on 7/18? DNV whose goal was to spend more time with her daughter and regain 80% custody, and no one thought to raise the alarm when she didn't show up to spend time with her daughter on 7/19? Not until a stranger got a bad feeling and dropped the phone off with the police on 7/20.

I meant Table of 4. Not many of us liked the Party Train so someone recommended Table of 4 so I have switched my terminology. Sorry I forget who so unable to give them due credit!
@ChiCubs2016 , Thanks - I had seen the reference switched here to the more respectful term. I was hoping that perhaps the closed/exclusive group was also rethinking their use of an unflattering and perhaps inaccurate term.

Okay- looking back for clarification-

The first mention of "party train" was in Thread 1 on September 1 by a now deleted member. "If you had a friend who just got a car, wasn't super familar with roads, had maybe had a few drinks would you drive off and leave her behind when you realized she wasn't following you? No, most people would be concerned and circle back and track her down and get her home or to the next location on their party train." Deleted member continued to use "party train" throughout posts- "people on the party train", "party train crew", "party train group", etc.

The first mention of "bar hopping" was in Thread 2 on September 18 by @cedgison when giving the initial timeline.

I'm confused. DNV missed her appointment Tuesday night at Dublin's to pick up her phone. DW calls JDT the next morning, at 7:30am, to tell her he had her phone.

No one thought it was worthwhile to meet DW and get DNV's phone on Wednesday or Thursday to call her friends to find out where she was? Did anyone call hospitals or jails to find out if DNV was in an accident?

DNV who was so responsible she was working double shifts one week after giving birth, and no one thought to raise the alarm when she didn't show up for work on 7/18? DNV whose goal was to spend more time with her daughter and regain 80% custody, and no one thought to raise the alarm when she didn't show up to spend time with her daughter on 7/19? Not until a stranger got a bad feeling and dropped the phone off with the police on 7/20.

That's certainly the big picture that has come into focus.

Danni went out with 3 friends and vanished when she was traveling somewhere (doesn't matter where) with one of the friends: DW. No one in her family seems to have been concerned when:
  • they learned that her phone was found in a parking lot on July 17
  • that she missed an appointment to collect the phone at 11:30PM on July 17
  • that no one knew where she was on July 18
  • that a note on her apartment door was untouched
  • that she missed an appointment with her daughter on July 19
On July 20 DW contacted JDT and then drove to the police station to deliver the phone and presumably to tell police what he knew about her disappearance.

Not only that, but if I recall correctly, JDT’s response on 7/18 was to call DNV’s building manager, and have them out a note on her door to have DNV call JDT. Ummmm, how would DNV call if she didn’t have her phone?

(I’ll go searching for quotes/links)
ETA link: AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Okay- looking back for clarification-

The first mention of "party train" was in Thread 1 on September 1 by a now deleted member. "If you had a friend who just got a car, wasn't super familar with roads, had maybe had a few drinks would you drive off and leave her behind when you realized she wasn't following you? No, most people would be concerned and circle back and track her down and get her home or to the next location on their party train." Deleted member continued to use "party train" throughout posts- "people on the party train", "party train crew", "party train group", etc.

The first mention of "bar hopping" was in Thread 2 on September 18 by @cedgison when giving the initial timeline.

Thank you! So this was based on some understanding, accurate or not, of Danni partying with a group of people. This was also at the time when all fingers pointed to DW for some unknown reason.

Not only that, but if I recall correctly, JDT’s response on 7/18 was to call DNV’s building manager, and have them out a note on her door to have DNV call JDT. Ummmm, how would DNV call if she didn’t have her phone?

(I’ll go searching for quotes/links)
ETA link: AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

More Interesting. Lots of things to create a "we did things to look like we were concerned".

My understanding of the information provided-
JDT took DNV to get her car.
DNV reached out to several friends to see if anyone wanted to hang out, including RC. All were working, including RC. DNV met up with RC at Heroes (where he works) before going to Dublins. Uncertain whether the Po4 were together at Heroes or after. Uncertain how long they stayed at Heroes.
DNV was scheduled to work 7/18, but took off (per JDT)
DNV was to spend 7/19 w/JDT and CT. Unknown whether she was scheduled to work or not or if she was coming over after she got off work.
DNV was scheduled to work 7/20, I'm assuming the early shift because JDT states she got the call that DNV didn't show up for her shift while she was at the police station. PF Changs doesn't open until 11 am.

Who has given the information about Heros and RC? Is this from RC directly? From another employee? From JDT?

That's my understanding as well. JDT drove Danni to Pearl Motors and was with her when she bought the car. JDT knew that Danni was meeting friends to celebrate the achievement of one of her big goals.

What's unknown is who started the rumor that Danni was "bar hopping" on a "party train". Those terms painted Danni in such a negative light, and communicate the idea that she was an irresponsible party animal. We know the truth now, but we don't know who started those rumors or why.

I would like to know more about the origin of that very negative description of Danni as soon as she went missing.
Who cares if she was having dinner or bar hopping? At her age, I did my share of bar hopping and I also went out for snacks and drinks with friends without bar hopping. Who started this rumor or how we label the party train or Pof4 is irrelevant to the case and her disappearance.

I know it seems suspicious to me. Imo

Is there a way you can encourage the employee to talk with MPD, if they haven’t already? (Hopefully my suggestion is viewed respectfully, and that it isn’t against TOS.)

Doesn't it make more sense that police have already spoken to the people that were with Danni that night, and police already know where they were at various times throughout the evening?

I don't think I would be looking at this so critically if the stated story was DNV did not have a good relationship with her ex and his family, so they did not think to get involved in DNV's issues until Friday. I think everyone understands that custody issues can be straining and not all parents have a good relationship with each other. It's not a crime to not like your daughter-in-law. Mother-in-law jokes are funny for a reason.

I think it's this saccharine veneer painted over a more complicated public record that is throwing people off. Why release information that is constantly changing or contradicted by verifiably public records like court cases and arrest records? Why was this "timeline" released with a public case against DW being tried by private FB groups? Why the insinuation of police corruption and political connections? If you are going to try to control the narrative you shouldn't state publicly that you are trying to "control the narrative" and then get upset when people with no connection to the case or any parties question the story.

Who cares if she was having dinner or bar hopping? At her age, I did my share of bar hopping and I also went out for snacks and drinks with friends without bar hopping. Who started this rumor or how we label the party train or Pof4 is irrelevant to the case and her disappearance.

She wasn't barhopping, so it does matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow