AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for update. If you ever see a follow up story posted locally please post as we have been following this situation. Did you local article or news say where the body was being taken for ID?
FYI
I believe this is the followup story on the Sept 12 drowning:
Authorities confirm drowning on Fort Morgan Road

Witnesses say a woman who appeared to be in her mid 50's drowned this morning shortly after 11am near Gulf Wind Court.

I’m a bit of a stickler for details. @cedgison confirmed earlier that TT is not married. It’s a fine point, but JDT is not DNV’s MIL. (AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3)

I’ve also noticed that DNV’s age was incorrectly given (by JDT, I’m assuming) on the original missing person report, and that the year of the Cruze was incorrect. Could be human error or could be trying to mask how young DNV was when she became a mother.
Thank you for bring these issues back up for clarification for those that might be new. The MIL issue existed from Day 1 with the case and took a couple of weeks to resolve unfortunately. Much time was unfortunately spent on clarificaton of a simple fact. TT was married at one point (not to DNV so far as anyone can tell) and this issue must have just been recently resolved as now "TT is not married". This leads me to believe that the divorce paperwork was finally just resolved. Confirmation of simple facts has been difficult if not impossible in this case so your bringing us back to these basic issues is helpful.

Am I the only one who is so confused over this case, trying to keep all the facts straight? Just when I think I understand what has been going on, I find out that either the information was inaccurate or not true. I am totally lose with this case. Keeping fingers crossed she is found soon.

I don’t know if this fb live video (from July 26) with NBC 15 with investigative reporter Andrea Ramey has been posted yet. A bit rambling at times, but gives some timeline info from the first week that DNV went missing. Also mentions that the tracking device on the car is related to her financing. (Not an exact quote; it’s at the 7 min mark in the video .... but entire video is worth watching, imo.)
Andrea Ramey NBC 15

This is a good video, though it is sad that we know basically no more than we did on July 26. The only update is there was at least one surveillance tape from the Shell Station that showed DNV's car. It was released by the media and then pulled by LE.

I’m over here clapping really hard! Yes. Yes. Yes.

And things would make a heck of a lot of sense.

I get not wanting to air dirty laundry or paint DNV in a bad light but if I was missing and in danger by God I would hope someone would air it all of it meant my life or to bring justice. Circumstances surrounding DNVs life does matter. Victimology is a thing. Whether or not certain things are out of someone’s character matters when trying to figure out what happened to someone. Leaving bible study vs having a couple drinks out matters. Strained relationships matter... and to say it doesn’t is someone not looking at the entire picture and more concerned with what things might appear than someone not caring who thinks what about them and only wants their missing loved one home. To say this isn’t relevant or those details have nothing to do with this and all you need to know is what I’m telling you is not working in DNVs favor. Of course that’s my humble non professional opinion. And maybe we don’t need to know all those finer details but LE does and hopefully they do.

I think you very precisely touched on the exact tension that has been in this case from Day 1 as people with good intentions from the public sought to understand the victim with the only goal being to find DNV.

The Mobile 'family' response for whatever reason wasn't what we see in so many missing cases which is candor and openness but instead what we experienced was a narrative characterized by half truths, unclear statements, misstatements, changed stories and falsehoods. This situation was made profoundly worse IMO by a closed FB group and no public FB page as is seen in most missing cases. Sadly this situation continues as we are now 2 months post disappearance questioning whether MK and RC were even at Ollies while JDT is on record as saying they were. Is this productive? Nope. Not at all but that is how this case has been since Day 1 and at a certain point you have to ask the very basic question WHY? Is it because the 'family' doesn't know the answer to basic questions or because the 'family' doesn't want to share basic information with the public?

Perhaps you are right that the Mobile 'family' were trying to maintain a public facade and thought that 'family matters should stay only in the family'. The sad thing about this mentality is that in missing cases the hours and early days of the case are critically important to case success. This case saw a huge amount of time before the missing report was filed and weeks and weeks clarifying basic statements of fact about DNV and her life which in total contributed to a massive collective waste of time in the efforts to find her. At some point in my mind though the efforts to get basic information were so unproductive that I questioned then and still do whether the goal was to ever find DNV? I've not said that in a missing case ever before but I will toss that out there here now as what 'family' would not want to do whatever it took including sharing basic information with the public to find a missing loved one? Who would care about a public facade when a missing persons life is in the balance? All I hope is that the 'family' were more forthcoming and more respectful to the time and energy spent by LE to find DNV than they have been to the public.

Last edited:
I reckon son’s “ex baby mama” doesn’t sound as good

Not to poke fun or make light of the situation
Could have just used grandmother or my son's ex GF (or current GF as JDT said that TT furniture and personal iems were removed from DNV apartment prior to the eviction). As @otto has said before, words matter.

Who says there wasn't a good relationship between DNV and the T family?
It would be helpful to ask JDT to confirm if she requested the local TV channel to remove the CCTV or whether it was MPD that made the request. This question has been asked any number of times and it is unbelievable that a simple yes/no question cannot be clarified on such a basic point where JDT was directly involved. Thank you.

What kills me is Atticus (and others) recently worked with the mother of a missing teen to get her home. The mother was very candid while being respectful of her daughter's privacy but asked everyone to look into everything - and everyone pulled together resources for the mom, helped her with a page, put out fliers. There was no gossip or drama or egos at all. And thank God the teen was found by police in an area we suggested they search in another state and reunited with her family.

I think one of the huge benefits of WS is you have people from all backgrounds who take this very seriously willing to drop everything and help. From graphic designers designing posters meant to convey information in the most efficient way to professional communicators drafting emails and letters for parents to marshaling legal resources and local contacts. But if the attitude is "I'm too good for you idiots," then no one is going to donate their time and expertise to help. So this whole situation is sad to me because it could have been very different.
Thanks for bringing this up. The differences between these two cases could not be more profound in my mind. In one case you have a desparate mother and father searching but who are totally open and willing to share with a group of anonymous people some very personal information if it can help finding their daughter vs. this case where the public facade seems more important than the missing person and deep suspicion exists about outsiders or anonymous people based on what I have seen and experienced.

Maybe this can all be attributed to simple differences in people and families? IDK. But what I do know is that a small group of people with different areas of expertise can band together online to put together a FB page with parents support, missing posters, contact the press and get local help even if the people involved don't know each other, have never met each other except on WS and have never spoken by phone ever all with no drama.

I do think the big difference was the direct involvement of the parents with the WS thread and their total commitment to candor. This candor built trust and the sense that everyone knew everything needed and that there wouldn't be any surprises because certain people only speak to certain people by private message etc. I wonder if the deep suspicion I sense in the DNV case relates to anything specific in the case or is just general suspicion of all people? But I know that the difficulty in getting basic facts and poor communication continues and for the sake of the missing person I find this quite hard to understand and certainly accept.

I've stayed with this case because I clearly care about the missing person DNV and also because I study how missing cases are conducted and what works and what doesn't and under which circumstances. Sadly this case ticks all the boxes of what not to do in terms of communication and none of the boxes of what to do IMO. The only person hurt by this is sadly the missing person for whom no real voice exists in this process. I believe we all are here as a testimony for the victim and to me at least that is the power of WS.

Last edited:
As someone not from Mobile but has met people from Mobile that are part of the world you describe I believe your statements to be spot on! You don't need to defend your POV as people disagree here all the time!

Many people that live in Mobile that aren't part of Old Mobile probably just go about their business, raise their families and don't think too much about what all is behind the decisions that are made in their city. I don't think this type of social structure is unique to Mobile or the South BTW its just that Mobile might be a more extreme example of a social structure that is relatively fixed and where a small group dominates the power structure in government and civic affairs. Going to Atlanta as an example you will certainly find Old Atlanta but there is a sense of movement amongst certain groups of people that are involved in government, civic affairs, business community and charity that might be considered a bit more socially open than say Mobile IMO.

What would you think would happen if a member of Old Mobile might be involved some way with DNV case? Would that be a reason to pull the CCTV from the Shell station? Could that be why there has been no substantive public information on the case in weeks? Could it be why the local press hasn't been taking an investigative approach to this cast at all and seems to be going through the motions of reporting on this case? Is what we are seeing or not seeing in this case the result of Old Mobile?

IMO, even if peripherally connected, they would act in their self-interests. They wouldn’t hesitate. I don’t know how they would go about it, but they protect their own, pulling strings behind the scenes to manipulate the situation and enable their names to stay out of it. Insularity.

Last edited:
It was a jacked up, at best video that was being recorded by a cell phone on the screen the video was being played on. Complete with reflections and voices that were being recorded at the time. The video was so unclear that I just watched and was like well thats never gonna help! Does anyone else remember this or no!? The video on the MILs page?

No, I've been around from the beginning but have never heard or seen this about the video. If true and its not been shared for whatever reason I find it sad from the perspective of finding DNV. But as I said the other day I am focusing on researching things I can and will rely on LE and MSM confirmed information only. Too much has gone on with this case and confirming (or not) very basic details with JDT that I seriously am questioning motive and integrity at this point. So for me at least I am calling a time out on JDT/VI statements as spending energy and time going back and forth via a seemingly well intentioned intermediary is contrary to anything I've seen work and just takes me back to second grade where you make the cups connected by string to play the game telephone. Simply not a productive or respectful use of anyones time IMO. Everyone can make their own choices but this is mine.

No, I've been around from the beginning but have never heard or seen this about the video. If true and its not been shared for whatever reason I find it sad from the perspective of finding DNV. But as I said the other day I am focusing on researching things I can and will rely on LE and MSM confirmed information only. Too much has gone on with this case and confirming (or not) very basic details with JDT that I seriously am questioning motive and integrity at this point. So for me at least I am calling a time out on JDT/VI statements as spending energy and time going back and forth via a seemingly well intentioned intermediary is contrary to anything I've seen work and just takes me back to second grade where you make the cups connected by string to play the game telephone. Simply not a productive or respectful use of anyones time IMO. Everyone can make their own choices but this is mine.

I do think and hope that the extra attention from people on this site puts more of a spotlight on this case. In the end, people that operate from a position of extreme self-interest, will help a “friend” out behind the scenes, unless the pressure or external forces threatens to expose them and muddy their own name, then they will back away and abandon ship. These aren’t people that take up crusades. They will help a friend out in the dark but back out in the light.

We need this guy to find Danniella.

Navy veteran found Greenville man's body when bloodhounds, deputies and rescuers couldn't

@Tear Drop I saw your post on another thread and wanted to see what you thought. A young mom and her car disappear into thin air from a gas station in Mobile AL.
What a fantastic story! I wonder if a local group could be formed in Mobile to look at a few high priority locations. So far as I know other than the JCD property there haven't been any searches in Mobile. Have the hospitals all over the region been called? IDK. What about the morgue? IDK Car impound lots searched? IDK Local car auctions searched? IDK. Parking garages and Decks downtown or near the pier? IDK. So many ideas on basic missing case tactics that don't seem to be part of this case and I seriously wonder why? I guess this is what the Chief meant by describing this as not being a typical missing case. People have good hearts and I am sure volunteers would show up if asked but people need some guidance and sadly LE isn't helping much in this regard. Basic info in terms of pictures of the other cars with DNV the night she went missing along with pictures of all the people she was with the night she went missing that were with her a The Dublin Pub need to be put out to jog peoples memories.

I have been trying to find video of some of the key areas around Mobile. The NOAA charts were helpful to understanding the water areas around the port and seeing how Dog River (DW house location) fits into the overall Bay of Mobile was interesting but video of the port and beaches along with surrounding islands was something I wanted to see as well.

Here is a link to Port Webcam and Fairhop Pier (MPD DNV blog listed a possible sighting of DNV here):
Port of Mobile Webcams - Fairhope Pier, Mobile Bay Webcam / Camera - Mobile, Alabama

This site also has local beach cams including Fort Morgan and Dauphin:
Fairhope, AL Webcams - Live Beaches

I’m sad and frustrated. So much time has passed, and so much confusion. I don’t think a public fb page run by a competent stranger would help at this point. After setting it up, it would say, “we don’t really know anything”

To me the mystery is if there was alot of concern on Thursday by JDT/family about DNV then why wait until Friday to file the report? We talked about this issue quite a bit in previous thread and I don't think a consensus ever developed. In my mind now though I question exactly how 'close' this relationship was between DNV and local 'family' as perhaps it had evolved into something more formal and revolved strictly around scheduling of CT visits since DNV and TT were no longer together (or on break?). If the extent of the connection is strictly scheduling then the note on the door, ask to leave the phone at PF Changs etc. might make a bit more sense. The relationship doesn't appear to be one where multiple people in the 'family' would be frantic about not hearing from DNV and would drop everything get in their cars to go pick up a phone if someone called them and said it was missing. To me on the surface the response from the 'family' was almost casual disregard for DNV with the idea is that she will show up when she shows up. Its hard with no personal knowledge of the players to know if this was a DNV issue or a 'family' issue. All we can see based on the timeline is how the 'family' responded so based on responsiveness I'd have to stick with the 'casual disregard' comment to describe the response.

I definitely see your point. My only thoughts are she was supposed to go to JDT's house Thursday to see CT and apparently called her everyday. If not for this, I would maybe think they just figured she was busy or working, however it really seems like she was getting her life on track, preparing to have more custody of CT, why would she suddenly stop calling her and then miss a visit. Maybe missing the phone call on Wednesday but missing the visit Thursday, that had to throw up some red flags. Even if I ignored the fact of some guy calling me to say he had her phone since Tuesday night and was concerned because she was supposed to meet him at a bar on Tuesday night at 11:30, I do not think I could ignore her not showing to see her daughter. Maybe they are not close, but there is enough evidence to support JDT knew DNV's schedule as she has stated DNV slept at her house Monday night, took off work on Tuesday to pick up her car (JDT drove her) and she was scheduled to be at work Friday for me to think there was a relationship. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow