AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask the question if the car dealership puts gps on their cars for loan requirements. Does it mean she would have even known about it being there? I bought my son a car at a place like this and wasn’t aware they did such a thing. Looking back it’s in the fine detail at the very bottom of the contract. But no one told me about it

I have to ask the question if the car dealership puts gps on their cars for loan requirements. Does it mean she would have even known about it being there? I bought my son a car at a place like this and wasn’t aware they did such a thing. Looking back it’s in the fine detail at the very bottom of the contract. But no one told me about it
So my question is who would have known? Someone had to of. Otherwise how would it get disconnected? By accident? Maybe

It would be helpful to ask JDT to confirm if she requested the local TV channel to remove the CCTV or whether it was MPD that made the request. This question has been asked any number of times and it is unbelievable that a simple yes/no question cannot be clarified on such a basic point where JDT was directly involved. Thank you.

Not sure if this is the confirmation you are looking for as information has changed so much but on the FB page JDTposted Thursday 9/20:
"...the video was dark and very hard to make out. I personally saw it one time and was so shocked that it "existed" that I was on the phone with the detective before it was over. (I was told there was No video) Det. was Very upset it was leaked and stated that it could put Danni in danger so, I called the station and relayed that message so they pulled it. knowing what I do now, that it did No Good in returning her home, I wish it was still available! I have recently asked to have a copy but of course that didn't happen."

Not sure if this is the confirmation you are looking for as information has changed so much but on the FB page JDTposted Thursday 9/20:
"...the video was dark and very hard to make out. I personally saw it one time and was so shocked that it "existed" that I was on the phone with the detective before it was over. (I was told there was No video) Det. was Very upset it was leaked and stated that it could put Danni in danger so, I called the station and relayed that message so they pulled it. knowing what I do now, that it did No Good in returning her home, I wish it was still available! I have recently asked to have a copy but of course that didn't happen."

She may have called the station but ultimately the station would only take the video down if LE requested it. They most certainly would have not taken it down at the request of someone close to the case.

I feel like the video, despite the quality, gave more info than is being suggested. That's the only reason I can come up with for it being pulled. Not long after DV's disappearance, someone came into a local gas station, threatened the attendees, and shot three of them. Not only did LE immediately release the video, but they released it with sound and asked for help identifying the perp. They have very specific information on identifying tattoos, clothing, and personal characteristics. It was repeatedly shown on various MSM broadcasts and a reward was offered. It has blown my mind the three difference between that and this.

I have missed a couple of days here, but I finally caught up with all of the comments and thoughts.

While many of them are interesting I still haven't seen anything that fits the timeline.

Who in this day and age is out with friends and leaves their phone behind, especially a 24 year old?

A few questions for @cedgison
Here are some of the sticking points for me that may help.

I have heard that Dublin's has surveillance but we haven't heard what was seen, if anything?

Has anything been verified if DNV was indeed at the Shell station. Was she seen on video? or is this just something DW said?

At one time a LoJack was brought up, then it was said that it wasn't installed, do we have any confirmation on this?

From my understanding DNV missed work from PF Changs the night of her disappearance, now I am seeing it was Ollie's that she missed work from which is it?

I am very familiar with Ollie's and it is a really small place, shouldn't it be easy to verify who was there that night and when they were there?

Has it been verified that MK and RC were there?

Has it been verified that DW was there?

and cedgison thanks for being here and putting up with our questions ...

I feel like the video, despite the quality, gave more info than is being suggested. That's the only reason I can come up with for it being pulled. Not long after DV's disappearance, someone came into a local gas station, threatened the attendees, and shot three of them. Not only did LE immediately release the video, but they released it with sound and asked for help identifying the perp. They have very specific information on identifying tattoos, clothing, and personal characteristics. It was repeatedly shown on various MSM broadcasts and a reward was offered. It has blown my mind the three difference between that and this.

Very good points and what this tells me is that they know who or who's vehicles are in the video.

JDT made it a point to say the video was very dark and not much could be made of it, what if she was asked to downplay the video.

The reason is that LE do not want to alert the individual/s in the video that they have an idea of who and what happen. This gives them time to build a case and collect needed information.

That is the only thing that makes sense to why the video is not being released.

"Potentially cause harm" is a nuanced statement. It may or may not cause her harm. Either way their bases are covered. Anyway, I don't think they really believe it. It is just a convenient excuse not to reveal the video, because there is key evidence shown on the video they don't want out. Like the answer to whodunnit. I think they know who and I think they know why and I think they are waiting on recovering her body to make an arrest. Personally, I feel like they have recovered her car and aren't letting it out of the bag. It is no mystery to me why the police are so tight lipped. There is no advantage to asking the public for help. They don't need it. It is just that simple.

I grew up in Mobile in a solid middle class home. I was educated at a private school. I hung around some old Mobile money people when I got to high school. I was so not into social climbing that I thought they were just rich kids. I didn't realize the difference between generational money and nouveau riche. They are well connected. Doors open for them. They are the ones that knew daddy would create a job for them in the family business and take over or got prestigious jobs with senators and that sort of thing. They never had to worry about how they would take care of themselves as adults. I was not one of those people. I am the friend that will be interviewed by the FBI for my friends' background checks.

It is a whole different world, but that's ok by me. You can survive happy and fine in Mobile without being a member of the MOTs or OOMs (Mardi Gras society) or being presented at a debutante ball. But it is true that it is a pretty closed society and it is hard to move into it and not just tinker around the edges, unless you marry into it. People are people. There are kind ones that use their money and prestige for doing good things and those that use it for self-aggrandizement and evil.

I really have nothing to add here except descriptions of "how it is" in Mobile. I am watching closely to see how all of this unfolds. I feel like something is going to happen soon. The MPD starting the website seems like a PR move to make some people uncomfortable.

So what are everyone’s thoughts on the video?

I am hopeful that although the video appeared dark, grainy and very hard to make out images, the LE have been able to enhance it and were able to obtain some sort of evidence that will lead them to what happened to DNV. Two things that have struck me regarding post on the FB page. Two things said by JDT:
"I think the Shell is know for surveillance" in one post and this in another post, "I was shocked that is existed".

Very good points and what this tells me is that they know who or who's vehicles are in the video.

JDT made it a point to say the video was very dark and not much could be made of it, what if she was asked to downplay the video.

The reason is that LE do not want to alert the individual/s in the video that they have an idea of who and what happen. This gives them time to build a case and collect needed information.

That is the only thing that makes sense to why the video is not being released.
What if LE has no idea who car#3 really belongs to( even if they do have suspects), and the quality of the video is so dark and bad, that they cannot make out anything, about the number or movements of any of the people in either car ?...I can see that LE might be afraid of releasing "that bad a quality" video if they thought there was a chance of DNV being held alive somewhere..... Very puzzling.

Last edited:
I have missed a couple of days here, but I finally caught up with all of the comments and thoughts.

While many of them are interesting I still haven't seen anything that fits the timeline.

Who in this day and age is out with friends and leaves their phone behind, especially a 24 year old?

A few questions for @cedgison
Here are some of the sticking points for me that may help.

I have heard that Dublin's has surveillance but we haven't heard what was seen, if anything?

Has anything been verified if DNV was indeed at the Shell station. Was she seen on video? or is this just something DW said?

At one time a LoJack was brought up, then it was said that it wasn't installed, do we have any confirmation on this?

From my understanding DNV missed work from PF Changs the night of her disappearance, now I am seeing it was Ollie's that she missed work from which is it?

I am very familiar with Ollie's and it is a really small place, shouldn't it be easy to verify who was there that night and when they were there?

Has it been verified that MK and RC were there?

Has it been verified that DW was there?

and cedgison thanks for being here and putting up with our questions ...

I have left my phone behind And I'm not far from her age.

So my question is who would have known? Someone had to of. Otherwise how would it get disconnected? By accident? Maybe

That's one point that has interested me as well.

Assuming this was a random car theft, that means that the car thief knew that the car had an activated GPS - lucky guess, or experience with Pearl Motors and knowledge that all used car sales include activated GPS?

Targeted abduction means knowledge that Danni had a car, and that it had an activated GPS. That reduces the suspects to who knew she bought a car that day?

I think I'm going to leave that FB group. It's toxic in there. They have definitely decided who did this. I'm so sad for Danniella . It seems that people are loving attention they are getting from her disappearance- not just talking about one person- people who knew her, knew of her, knew members of the group she was with the night she went missing.
On another note- I'm going to go back through the old threads but does anyone know where talk of the video is? When it was still available and we were discussing it on here? I think I'm remembering something about the video but I want to make sure it isn't another case I'm getting confused with. The one I'm thinking of had two cars that were pointed towards the camera and there was talk about seeing movement in the passenger seat of one of the cars. Anyone remember that??? I'm thinking it must have been a different case since everyone is saying how grainy this video is.

I think I'm going to leave that FB group. It's toxic in there. They have definitely decided who did this. I'm so sad for Danniella . It seems that people are loving attention they are getting from her disappearance- not just talking about one person- people who knew her, knew of her, knew members of the group she was with the night she went missing.
On another note- I'm going to go back through the old threads but does anyone know where talk of the video is? When it was still available and we were discussing it on here? I think I'm remembering something about the video but I want to make sure it isn't another case I'm getting confused with. The one I'm thinking of had two cars that were pointed towards the camera and there was talk about seeing movement in the passenger seat of one of the cars. Anyone remember that??? I'm thinking it must have been a different case since everyone is saying how grainy this video is.
I may be wrong, but I think " video and still shots" were being discussed in the last half of #1 and the first half of #2. I do remember that I could make out nothing from the still shots posted..... Please forgive me if I am wrong about the posting areas on the threads.

Who is the favorite suspect?

I read about it on Thread 1, can't be more helpful about the date.

No, I've been around from the beginning but have never heard or seen this about the video. If true and its not been shared for whatever reason I find it sad from the perspective of finding DNV. But as I said the other day I am focusing on researching things I can and will rely on LE and MSM confirmed information only. Too much has gone on with this case and confirming (or not) very basic details with JDT that I seriously am questioning motive and integrity at this point. So for me at least I am calling a time out on JDT/VI statements as spending energy and time going back and forth via a seemingly well intentioned intermediary is contrary to anything I've seen work and just takes me back to second grade where you make the cups connected by string to play the game telephone. Simply not a productive or respectful use of anyones time IMO. Everyone can make their own choices but this is mine.

I, like you, am also relying only on MSM and LE facts at this time. With that being said I did find a MSM confirmation that the video exists and the basic details.

Here are the MSM FACTS:

1. Surveillance video obtained by NBC 15 News shows what could possibly be the last time missing Mobile mother Danniella Vian was seen.
2. The time stamped video shows what appears to be two cars pulling into the parking lot at 11:05 pm on July 17th.

3. Two minutes later, one car appears to leave. The other car stays. At 11:08, another car pulls in and both cars stay parked until 11:24 when they both leave.

Source:
Exclusive: Surveillance video may show missing Mobile mother

I am hopeful that although the video appeared dark, grainy and very hard to make out images, the LE have been able to enhance it and were able to obtain some sort of evidence that will lead them to what happened to DNV. Two things that have struck me regarding post on the FB page. Two things said by JDT:
"I think the Shell is know for **** surveillance" in one post and this in another post, "I was shocked that is existed".

"I think the Shell is known for **** surveillance"... Oh okay... Yeah that's a completely normal thing to know about a gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow