AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but I think " video and still shots" were being discussed in the last half of #1 and the first half of #2. I do remember that I could make out nothing from the still shots posted..... Please forgive me if I am wrong about the posting areas on the threads.
Yeah, I still think the 'people' seen are actually gas tanks, but I don't remember if I watched the video or not. It was forever ago. The still photo from that video, wasn't clear at all...

As a side note, some businesses want you to know they have video going. Our local gas station, they have 5 or 6 views of cameras. Their monitors for the cameras is right at the cash register, so ALL customers see them. Assurance I guess. From the outside though, you would think it's a run down store.

So what RC's friend is stating as told to her by RC:

RC was working at Hero's. DNV, MK and DW met him there. DNV, MK and DW left at 9:12 pm (RC hugged DNV goodbye and this is seen on CCTV) and went to Dublin to wait for RC to finish his shift, then they were all meeting at Ollies to eat. RC called DNV at 10:45, she did not answer so he went to Ollies. Everyone showed up at Dublin except DNV. She also stated RC, MK and DW spoke to LE for hours and all have been cleared. LE has not confirmed anyone has been cleared so I am just adding this as part of the information being stated by the friend of RC.

I have missed a couple of days here, but I finally caught up with all of the comments and thoughts.

While many of them are interesting I still haven't seen anything that fits the timeline.

Who in this day and age is out with friends and leaves their phone behind, especially a 24 year old?

A few questions for @cedgison
Here are some of the sticking points for me that may help.

I have heard that Dublin's has surveillance but we haven't heard what was seen, if anything?
I have also heard that Dublin's has surveillance video but do not know if they have been checked (though I'd hope so) or what was seen on them.

Has anything been verified if DNV was indeed at the Shell station. Was she seen on video? or is this just something DW said?
This is something DW said. I've never seen the actual video (only a still image from it) but a couple people - not just JDT - that did see it when it aired on the news say you can't really see anything in it.

At one time a LoJack was brought up, then it was said that it wasn't installed, do we have any confirmation on this?
This is part of the story that has consistently changed. I do not know for sure if there was a LoJack on the car; however, the GPS that is alleged to have stopped pinging is, per the detective, the OnStar GPS.

From my understanding DNV missed work from PF Changs the night of her disappearance, now I am seeing it was Ollie's that she missed work from which is it?
She did not miss work from either the night of her disappearance. She took the night off to celebrate.

I am very familiar with Ollie's and it is a really small place, shouldn't it be easy to verify who was there that night and when they were there?
I'm not familiar with Ollie's but, if it is a small place and especially if most patrons are regulars (as I'm being led to think), it shouldn't be hard to verify. If nothing else, shouldn't they have surveillance cameras, too?

Has it been verified that MK and RC were there?
I've not heard an official statement by LE on this matter but a witness that was at Ollie's that night has stated that MK was at Dublin's and Ollies and that RC was at work at Heroes then met up with MK (& DW?) at Ollie's.

Has it been verified that DW was there?
DW says he was at Dublin's and RC/MK say he was at Ollie's briefly (though DW says he went home, not to Ollie's), but his whereabouts have not been confirmed by LE.

and cedgison thanks for being here and putting up with our questions ...

Definitely not an easy case to be a VI in and I know there are posts/comments of mine that aren't helpful so, for that, I apologize. I truly am trying to do the best I can. I have answered your questions above in red.

A few things to respond to questions or comments I'm catching up on:

When I was a wee lawyer going out after work with colleagues every Friday, I left my phone at half the bars in the East Village. I would just plug it in and forget and leave. I would drop it and leave. I have left it in cabs. I don't drink anymore for good reasons. My husband has left his phone at the grocery check-out line more than once stone cold sober. But DNV just leaving her phone or dropping her phone is one of the more believable points in the story IMO.

On the video, I have no reason to doubt the NBC reporter who described the video as grainy and dark with cars pulling in in succession. I would believe that JDT informed LE about the video, and LE called NBC as soon as they got off the phone with JDT. I do think MPD or the FBI may have been able to clear up the video and see a make and model of the car and identify suspects who may own similar cars, but they may not have enough specific evidence to do anything with that information. If they think they know who it is, they're not going to release the car information. But they also can't charge someone with a crime if they can't identify the specific car. I.e. how do you know it's X's black ford sedan versus any of the others in the city?

Am I the only one who is so confused over this case, trying to keep all the facts straight? Just when I think I understand what has been going on, I find out that either the information was inaccurate or not true. I am totally lose with this case. Keeping fingers crossed she is found soon.
I feel your pain. But there have been a couple of comprehensive posts done that outline the facts of this case as stated by LE and MSM and not much has changed because LE hasn't released any new information.

Part of the reason there has been so much posting is in part because we have been working since the beginning to get basic facts answered and it has been really difficult to do and we have also experienced stories changing etc.

The basic facts haven't changed much as LE hasn't had another PC since the Chief of Police did one a couple of weeks ago and two detectives spoke to the press after the search at JCD property. As an example of a basic fact that can't yet be confirmed by VI: What time did JDT drop DNV at Pearl Motors to pick up new car? This doesn't seem like a difficult thing to confirm but for some reason questions like this that could establish a timeline aren't being answered even two months after the disappearance. The timeline itself as well as the people in the Party of 4 haven't been publicly discussed by LE and nobody involved with that evening has been publicly named. We have LE that has named no suspects or POI and has not cleared a single individual or the Mobile 'family' publicly.

This overall situation makes it challenging to follow our typical process on this thread. Each of us have had to make a choice/decision as to which information to work with and my personal choice is to go with LE and MSM only. I am of course staying current on all information from VI/JDT but for purposes of thinking about this case I'm sticking with LE and MSM info only. Hope that helps.

So what RC's friend is stating as told to her by RC:

RC was working at Hero's. DNV, MK and DW met him there. DNV, MK and DW left at 9:12 pm (RC hugged DNV goodbye and this is seen on CCTV) and went to Dublin to wait for RC to finish his shift, then they were all meeting at Ollies to eat. RC called DNV at 10:45, she did not answer so he went to Ollies. Everyone showed up at Dublin except DNV. She also stated RC, MK and DW spoke to LE for hours and all have been cleared. LE has not confirmed anyone has been cleared so I am just adding this as part of the information being stated by the friend of RC.

BBM. DNV never showed up at Dublin's??

Wasn't it stated that Pearl motors pinged the gps? I can see them having access to their low jack. Why would they have access to her onstar? I still think we need to consider that a kill switch was accidentally activated. And that's the reason Danni didn't follow DW out of the parking lot. Car 3 helps her disable the system to get her car started. And what happens after that I do not know.

Definitely not an easy case to be a VI in and I know there are posts/comments of mine that aren't helpful so, for that, I apologize.

@cedgison I think I speak for most if not all of us when I say you're doing a great job and you've been super helpful! No need to apologize. You're one person and you've been great at answering so many of our questions. The discussions are much more useful/substantial/guided because of your comments so thank you!!

So it looks like the FB page is exploding with all sorts of new information. This case get's weirder and weirder.

So TW (a new individual that is close friends with RC) has posted a different story than what has been told thus far. The first thing she posted was that RC was NEVER at Dublin's ..

She has a direct quote from RC
"Yeah last time I saw her I was on camera at my job (Hero's) at 912pm I hugged her and she left. When I called at 1045pm when I got off she didn't answer so I came to Ollie's."

The new story from TW repeating RC is that DNC, MK and DW all met at Hero's (RC work) where they made plans later to meet at Ollies for a late dinner. DNC, MK and DW all went to Dublins. When RC arrived at Ollies later on MK and DW were there and DNC was not there.

Whoooaaaaaa

Edit: changed MW to MK

Last edited:
I’m sad and frustrated. So much time has passed, and so much confusion. I don’t think a public fb page run by a competent stranger would help at this point. After setting it up, it would say, “we don’t really know anything”
I would usually agree with you given the time that has passed but I have seen the power of FB in action in many missing cases and it really is quite incredibly powerful as a communication tool. There are so many people that are afraid for whatever reason but still want to help or post what they saw and for whatever reason won't go to LE tip lines.

Most recently in MT case we saw all the questions about the CrimeStoppers website and how their encryption system protects tips and keeps things anonymous and all this info was important to people. People were very interested and concerned about how anonymity can be maintained. CrimeStoppers did a wonderful job explaining their process and computer systems but it took awhile I think for the public to feel comfortable but once they did the tips flowed in.

IMO I wish MPD just allowed posting on their DNV blog in the way of FB but I understand why they are doing it the way they are doing it. Cases usually just need a few pieces of key information and social media could get that comment or tip that could resolve this case that has been open now for 2 months. The thing with a FB page is it doesn't take too much to set it up and at this point nothing else seems to have worked so what is the downside?

We have LE that is doing its job but releasing no info for the public to work with, we have multiple closed FB groups that cooperate neither with each other or WS and in my view are part of the problem and not part of the solution in this case and a press group in Mobile that is doing zero so far as I can tell to do any investigative work on this case. Nothing has worked so far. Maybe it is time to rethink things and just put up a public page and you never know if it will help, it certainly can't hurt.

Wasn't it stated that Pearl motors pinged the gps? I can see them having access to their low jack. Why would they have access to her onstar? I still think we need to consider that a kill switch was accidentally activated. And that's the reason Danni didn't follow DW out of the parking lot. Car 3 helps her disable the system to get her car started. And what happens after that I do not know.

Not sure if this is new info but JTD stated in the FB group that LE is assuming the GPS tracking system Pearls had on her car malfunctioned because they don't think someone could disable it at the Shell station in the 20 some minutes that they were there

Hero's is only 5 minutes from Ollies so the timeline isn't exactly matching up well with known times.

the cars were at the Shell Station at 11:07 .. If that was DW leaving to go get the phone at Dublins and then go to Ollies at 12 ... then RC would have not seen DW until much later.

It has been stated that a server at Ollie's remembers seeing MK and RC but not DW

*Shrug !!

I have to ask the question if the car dealership puts gps on their cars for loan requirements. Does it mean she would have even known about it being there? I bought my son a car at a place like this and wasn’t aware they did such a thing. Looking back it’s in the fine detail at the very bottom of the contract. But no one told me about it
What you are saying is certainly possible that details of tracking devices would be in the fine print of the financing agreement. I had posted earlier that some of the complaints I found online about Pearl indicate that people eventually found out their cars were trackable by Pearl after the repo people came to take their car away.

DNV's car though was somewhat different from alot of cars that don't have built in GPS in that it was a GM vehicle that comes with OnStar GPS built in to the car and we have been speculating that her car might have had a secondary GPS system in the console as part of an entertainment package that was part of the trim package on some 2014 Chevy Cruzes.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is new info but JTD stated in the FB group that LE is assuming the GPS tracking system Pearls had on her car malfunctioned because they don't think someone could disable it at the Shell station in the 20 some minutes that they were there

I read that also .... But I'm can't wrap my head around a malfunction at the same exact time they are stopped for 20+ minutes. I would think with a quick google search it could easily be disabled

For what its worth the probability of OnStar malfunctioning while not impossible is slim. The OnStar platform is incredibly sophisticated from a tech standpoint and has an installed base that is substantial.

We've looked at the time to disable the OnStar and any built in GPS and its totally doable by someone that is not that technically proficient. I tried it on my car and I'm not technical at all and it just involved following youtube instructions and double checking the manual fuse layout which wasn't hard to do. 20 min IMO is enough time for OnStar and any built in system. Note, I'm not talking about LoJack which as a non tech person I wouldn't take on but I think we have put a stake through the idea that there was NO LOJACK in DNV car.

Last edited:
You have friends there don't leave us alone! ;)

and I think that video you are referring to was the Jordan Belliveau's case, when the mom went to the gas station and there was a car and a man that was walking toward it then just stopped, and we were trying to see if there was someone in the passenger seat. But I've looked at so many video's I have no idea anymore.
I recall in thread one. We definately have at least a few people all through the threads that saw the video. The most bizarre post was one I saw the other night on this thread that someone said that JDT had the entire video on her FB that seemed to have been shot with a phone camera. Its probably not there anymore but if the video exists I'm not sure why not post it at this point as so much time has passed. The screen shots (2) are also on thread 2 I believe. Please report back as maybe having a fresh pair of eyes on the topic might help us all.

For what its worth the probability of OnStar malfunctioning while not impossible is slim. The OnStar platform is incredibly sophisticated from a tech standpoint and has an installed base that is substantial.

We've looked at the time to disable the OnStar and any built in GPS and its totally doable by someone that is not that technically proficient. I tried it on my car and I'm not technical at it just involved following youtube instructions and double checking the manual fuse layout which wasn't hard to do. 20 min IMO is enough time for OnStar and any built in system. Note, I'm not talking about LoJack which as a non tech person I wouldn't take on but I think we have put a stake through the idea that there was NO LOJACK in DNV car.

JDT Commented last night about the GPS. She stated that DNVs car did not have OnStar, just the GPS that was installed by the dealership just before she bought it.

So at this point I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members