Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. DNV never showed up at Dublin's??
I'm hoping this is a typo. Really hoping as otherwise this has yet again turned into yet another in a long series of telephone game snafu's. Why would RC speak now? Two months have passed and he has been interviewed by the police. Not sure this entire situation makes sense at all.

I recall in thread one. We definately have at least a few people all through the threads that saw the video. The most bizarre post was one I saw the other night on this thread that someone said that JDT had the entire video on her FB that seemed to have been shot with a phone camera. Its probably not there anymore but if the video exists I'm not sure why not post it at this point as so much time has passed. The screen shots (2) are also on thread 2 I believe. Please report back as maybe having a fresh pair of eyes on the topic might help us all.

The video the Original Poster was talking about was Jordan's case.... I've seen the DV video with my own two eyes, I couldn't make anything out, I've also quoted the news report a few posts back about the video and what it shows. I have no skill in reviewing screen shots of videos, I never get what is on the video right. However, I believe the news stations had the video and it shows very clearly- DV and DW pulling in, DW leaving, 2 minutes later an Unidentified Third car pulls in, then DV and Unidentified Third Car leave 16 minutes later.

Exclusive: Surveillance video may show missing Mobile mother

I recall in thread one. We definately have at least a few people all through the threads that saw the video. The most bizarre post was one I saw the other night on this thread that someone said that JDT had the entire video on her FB that seemed to have been shot with a phone camera. Its probably not there anymore but if the video exists I'm not sure why not post it at this point as so much time has passed. The screen shots (2) are also on thread 2 I believe. Please report back as maybe having a fresh pair of eyes on the topic might help us all.

She had shared the WPMI video to her personal page. What WPMI shot was on a cell phone and not the actual video, just a cell phone video of the actual video screen.

This has been answered numerous times. Per JDT, LE asked her to ask the news station to take it down so she did. Why LE would ask that instead of asking the station themselves is what I don't know/can't answer.
Well that just doesn’t make sense. I’ve never heard of having le trust anyone to take care of something they should be doing themselves. Weird

Well that just doesn’t make sense. I’ve never heard of having le trust anyone to take care of something they should be doing themselves. Weird

Has anyone ever heard of LE asking a MP's family to call the news station to take a video down. I've only been following MP cases on Websleuths since Teleka Patrick in 2013.

New timeline info (per friend of RC):

Approx. 9:12 pm DNV, DW, and MK left Heroes together to go to Dublins and wait for RC to get off work. The plan was to go to Ollies once RC was off work. RC said this was the last time he saw DNV, he hugged her when she left which can be seen on Heroes CCTV.

RC called DNV at 10:45 when he got off work, but DNV did not answer. RC went straight to Ollies. He didn't go to Dublins.

Interestingly- TW (friend of RC) says JDT deleted her as a friend on FB after she began commenting in the group and TT went off on her. Also, TW asks in her line of comments WHERE WAS TT and is told by someone, not JDT, that he was in a rehab facility.

JDT Commented last night about the GPS. She stated that DNVs car did not have OnStar, just the GPS that was installed by the dealership just before she bought it.

So at this point I have no idea.
Not sure how to respond to this statement as I believe it to be factually incorrect based on everything we have learned about the 2014 Chevy Cruze and Pearl Motors.

GM OnStar is factory installed on virtually all GM vehicles. The 2014 Chevy Cruze manual (for all trim levels) indicates that OnStar is factory installed (manual is posted in this thread and this can be verified by calling GM customer service which I did and reported here previously). We have also learned that even if a subscription plan isn't in place that OnStar can track a car by LE (this very interesting issue is discussed in depth in a Wired magazine article that was posted here in Thread 2 I believe).

Used car buyers I believe get 6 months free OnStar and then it is a subscription service with various options including built in cell service. As we didn't know the VIN number of DNV vehicle we couldn't know for sure if a second GPS system that is part of a console based GPS system/entertainment trim package were part of DNV car. There is no doubt that DNV car had OnStar the question is which service level might she have had? I'm not sure that is terribly relevant as even the basic level would allow her car to be founding within a 30 ft. radius (depending on satellite and cell service issues that were discussed in prior thread).

Instead of endless speculation about a topic that has been truly beaten to death why doesn't JDT simply pick up the phone and ask Pearl Motors the following quite simple questions:
1. Did Pearl Motors install or have an outside service firm install a GPS system that is separate from the built in system in the DNV Chevy Cruze. If so, what was the system? If not, how was DNV car pinged at the Shell station.
2. Did Pearl Motors activate the OnStar system and provide the 6 months free service for DNV car at the time the car was picked up?
3. Did Pearl Motors assist DNV to activate the OnStar phone app at the time the car was picked up.

This is just basic investigative work so it is quite frustrating that it hasn't been done by people that are supposedly looking to find DNV and are concerned about her welfare and wasn't done weeks ago so that this endless speculation with next to no information can end.

So what RC's friend is stating as told to her by RC:

RC was working at Hero's. DNV, MK and DW met him there. DNV, MK and DW left at 9:12 pm (RC hugged DNV goodbye and this is seen on CCTV) and went to Dublin to wait for RC to finish his shift, then they were all meeting at Ollies to eat. RC called DNV at 10:45, she did not answer so he went to Ollies. Everyone showed up at Dublin except DNV. She also stated RC, MK and DW spoke to LE for hours and all have been cleared. LE has not confirmed anyone has been cleared so I am just adding this as part of the information being stated by the friend of RC.
Thanks for this! So RC did go to ollies. When you say everyone showed up to Dublin, do you mean Ollie's? (Sorry if already answered)

Has anyone ever heard of LE asking a MP's family to call the news station to take a video down. I've only been following MP cases on Websleuths since Teleka Patrick in 2013.
No. I put this statement into the impossible to believe category and then moved on. No police department that I have ever seen would not take care of such a critical detail themselves as it involved case evidence. Further why would the press comply with anyone else but LE? Just keep it moving IMO. Scoll and ROLL!

JDT Commented last night about the GPS. She stated that DNVs car did not have OnStar, just the GPS that was installed by the dealership just before she bought it.

So at this point I have no idea.

It has an event data recorder (kind of like a black box on a plane) and, it is my understanding that this uses the GPS signal from OnStar. She may not have OnStar activated and, thus didn't have some of the additional features OnStar provides but her car would still have the ability to be tracked via GPS in the event of an emergency.

I know I don't have to provide my sources, but they may help in this case:
  • Owner's Manual - 2014 Chevy Cruz
    • Infotainment System (Section 7), Customer Information (Section 13) and the fuse diagram in 10-42 are of note regarding this.
  • A MSM article (by USA Today) stating that GM has used this "black boxes" since 1994. It also states that, per the NHSTA, "In 2013, 96% of every new car sold in the United States came with a black box, and as of Sept. 1, 2014, every new vehicle must have one installed."

Also- someone asks "how do we even know she really lost her phone?" and TW says "I don't think she lost it." She doesn't elaborate any further.

She says that RC was devastated, all three have cooperated with LE, feel attacked by the accusations and that's the reason for them not joining the group. Says all three have been cleared by LE, RC was first. Again though- no public confirmation of this.

A smidge of clarification- RC went to Ollies after getting off work, MK left Dublins and went to Ollies, DW & DNV left Dublins and we know ended up at the Shell. Cannot confirm whether DW was at Ollies because she does not know him as well, but knows RC and MK were.

Approx. 9:12 pm DNV, DW, and MK left Heroes together to go to Dublins and wait for RC to get off work. The plan was to go to Ollies once RC was off work. RC said this was the last time he saw DNV, he hugged her when she left which can be seen on Heroes CCTV.

RC called DNV at 10:45 when he got off work, but DNV did not answer. RC went straight to Ollies. He didn't go to Dublins.

Interestingly- TW (friend of RC) says JDT deleted her as a friend on FB after she began commenting in the group and TT went off on her. Also, TW asks in her line of comments WHERE WAS TT and is told by someone, not JDT, that he was in a rehab facility.

TT also told TW that he was "locked up" in Mobile.

I'm not trying to add another discrepancy (though it does), but I have seen that he did tell her this; it's not just something I've been told.

And so the mysterious TT returns yet again for discussion and yet another person is deleted from a FB group. This is sadly so par for the course with the way this has sadly played out on this case.

IMO somebody that cared to find the missing DNV would want everyone looking at the case to know precisely where TT had been and was the DAY OF and DAYS FOLLOWING THE DISAPPEARANCE. The stats on person of responsibility in cases like these speak for themselves and anyone that is familiar with the stats will understand why the location of TT IS CRITICAL. It seems like more people have been deleted from the FB group for asking TT related questions than almost anything else. At this point I have little hope that any level of honesty exists as it relates to TT location so I am putting my faith in LE and its ability to track TT and any and all family related to DVN as none of the individuals involved seem to be forthcoming about their whereabouts as it relates to DNV missing date and subsequent days. Why the secrecy? Why the anger about verifying simple facts? Nothing about this is personal, its about creating a timeline that fits the case and the fact that this can't be done 2 months after the fact is actually quite stunning to me given the number of people involved.

And so the mysterious TT returns yet again for discussion and yet another person is deleted from a FB group. This is sadly so par for the course with the way this has sadly played out on this case.

IMO somebody that cared to find the missing DNV would want everyone looking at the case to know precisely where TT had been and was the DAY OF and DAYS FOLLOWING THE DISAPPEARANCE. The stats on person of responsibility in cases like these speak for themselves and anyone that is familiar with the stats will understand why the location of TT IS CRITICAL. It seems like more people have been deleted from the FB group for asking TT related questions than almost anything else. At this point I have little hope that any level of honesty exists as it relates to TT location so I am putting my faith in LE and its ability to track TT and any and all family related to DVN as none of the individuals involved seem to be forthcoming about their whereabouts as it relates to DNV missing date and subsequent days. Why the secrecy? Why the anger about verifying simple facts? Nothing about this personal, its about creating a timeline that fits the case and the fact that this can't be done 2 months after the fact is actually quite stunning to me given the number of people involved.

No one has recently been deleted from JDT's group; I just checked the admin panel.

Edited to clarify which group.

TT also told TW that he was "locked up" in Mobile.

I'm not trying to add another discrepancy (though it does), but I have seen that he did tell her this; it's not just something I've been told.

Thanks for clarifying this .. We have heard so many different variations that I'm not sure what to believe, locked up, in rehab, in a facility ...

Then we have the DW information from TW that also seems to pin point him as a plausible suspect ... again.

I know misinformation in a case like this is common, but I have never seen anything like this.

I basically know when RC, DW and MK went to the bathroom throughout the whole night. Could someone PLEASE tell me TT's location that night? and "Locked Up" or Unable to Get Out is not a location. If he was in fact locked up in a prison we would have proof of that by now, so he wasn't in jail. Therefore until someone can tell me where he was he is my #1 theory.

No....... But they might ask someone with a copy of it on their personal facebook page to quit showing it to other people, once they became aware of it.

I basically know when RC, DW and MK went to the bathroom throughout the whole night. Could someone PLEASE tell me TT's location that night? and "Locked Up" or Unable to Get Out is not a location. If he was in fact locked up in a prison we would have proof of that by now, so he wasn't in jail. Therefore until someone can tell me where he was he is my #1 theory.

When TW asks where he was locked up & what for, TT gives the reason but not where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member