AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
October 12 would be a good day for another press release. It would coincide with the vigil, and would be an opportunity for police to clearly state what happened that caused them to request more information about her disappearance.

The most basic facts are missing from the first press release - such as Danni's full name, where she was last seen, what she was wearing, why she is considered a missing person, what type of car she had, that the car is also missing, and what type of information they need. It would also be helpful if they put together a digital map with points of interest and locations that people should think about on July 17. If they don't have a graphics person to put together a points of interest map, feel free to volunteer my services.

What I'm saying is that their press release lacked information and that without basic facts, no one knows that they should look for or remember.

What are possible reasons why the press release neglects to mention any basic pertinent information about this case?
My ideas:
1. Incompetence- this isn’t their first rodeo so I doubt they don’t know what to include im a missing persons press release.
2. It’s intentional. They have a pretty good idea of what happened or at least who is involved but not enough information to locate DNV or make an arrest at this time. They’re speaking to a specific person(s) to urge them to come forward with that information so they don’t mention all the basic information bc it’s already known by their intended audience.
3. It’s all for show- DNV is alive and well and they want to draw out her or someone who knows where she is.

October 12 would be a good day for another press release. It would coincide with the vigil, and would be an opportunity for police to clearly state what happened that caused them to request more information about her disappearance.

The most basic facts are missing from the first press release - such as Danni's full name, where she was last seen, what she was wearing, why she is considered a missing person, what type of car she had, that the car is also missing, and what type of information they need. It would also be helpful if they put together a digital map with points of interest and locations that people should think about on July 17. If they don't have a graphics person to put together a points of interest map, feel free to volunteer my services.

What I'm saying is that their press release lacked information and that without basic facts, no one knows that they should look for or remember.

A digital map was requested - I mentioned the one from the Tibbetts case to JDT - but we ended up with the blog website instead.

One more tiny thought... What if the goals were for a court ordered class... This seems like something you would be required to do (list your goals) if you had to take a parenting class, or alcohol class, or something like that. Is there anyway to tell if she was ordered to take a class from the court @Alethea? The only reason I ask is that seems to be one of the sticking points for thinking she didn't walk away on purpose?

I ran a search for DNV's name in the Alabama public court records that would cover civil, criminal, drug, and domestic cases and the only record that came up was TT's custody petition (filed as TT vs. DNV).

This would not include anything that was sealed or related to a juvenile. Things like CPS investigations are confidential and are not included in public court records.

@cedgison Who hired the PI?

Why does it seem like everyone involved in this case, including mom, mother-in-law, “friends” and LE know some big secret that no one is telling? Almost as if someone(s) are being protected. I could be way off- but nothing makes sense: the people she was with that night haven’t spoken with the media, no one is appealing to the public to help find DNV with the usual pleas and repetitive helpful information that we see in most every other missing persons case. Outside help is being turned down- why?
We need an outside investigative reporter on this case.

I ran a search for DNV's name in the Alabama public court records that would cover civil, criminal, drug, and domestic cases and the only record that came up was TT's custody petition (filed as TT vs. DNV).

This would not include anything that was sealed or related to a juvenile. Things like CPS investigations are confidential and are not included in public court records.

Thank you <3 You are the best! So it's possible it could be a CPS Court Ordered Class?

Thank you <3 You are the best! So it's possible it could be a CPS Court Ordered Class?

It's possible in that I couldn't rule it out because I have no way to access the records. But I would think if there was a big enough problem to order court-ordered counseling, there would be a criminal record or arrest as well. There could be court-ordered parenting classes or something like that in connection with a custody dispute. But these are similar to family therapy, not a punitive criminal sentencing alternative.

Someone for example could have criminal charges that are transferred to a drug court where they offer alternative sentencing arrangements like drug treatment and probation instead of criminal sentencing. But there still is an initial criminal charge that kicks off the ability for a court to order a treatment program.

Or it could’ve been an assignment from a therapist. I know many adoption agencies offer counseling to the birth mother during and after the pregnancy. I could see her being asked to write down her goals to look forward to after the adoption.

What are possible reasons why the press release neglects to mention any basic pertinent information about this case?
My ideas:
1. Incompetence- this isn’t their first rodeo so I doubt they don’t know what to include im a missing persons press release.
2. It’s intentional. They have a pretty good idea of what happened or at least who is involved but not enough information to locate DNV or make an arrest at this time. They’re speaking to a specific person(s) to urge them to come forward with that information so they don’t mention all the basic information bc it’s already known by their intended audience.
3. It’s all for show- DNV is alive and well and they want to draw out her or someone who knows where she is.

What stuck out at me was the Chief saying "This is not an ordinary missing persons case." When I think of an "ordinary missing persons case" I think of three things: runaways/suicide, child abductions, and jogger/date type abductions. I think the fact that she was last seen in a car complicates the case considerably for LE. Your traditional sexual predator is not going to want to deal with a car. They snatch people off the street or lure women into compromising situations to strike. Think of the various jogger attacks or Gary Ridgeway or Hannah Graham.

I think LE is treating this more like a criminal investigation than a true missing persons case where no one has any idea where the missing person is and we all assume they were taken by a stranger.

I think a list of information that LE presumably has that we don't have might help clear up what we are missing but they are not.

LE has:
- Danni's phone records, Danni's phone pings, Danni's text message history
- Danni's computer (did she have a computer?)
- Subpoenas for the phone records of the people she was last with
- TT's location and contacts
- TT's criminal history
- Interviews with DNV's close friends
- Possible polygraphed interviews
- Possible surveillance video along 90 and from stores and homes
- Information about the adoption

My ideas:

He seemed unprepared, unaware of the details and a bit nervous. Better preparation should make a big difference.

A digital map was requested - I mentioned the one from the Tibbetts case to JDT - but we ended up with the blog website instead.

It's easy enough to add a graphic to a Wordpress site - besides, they already have pictures of the car. They can start another topic about points of interest and include a map.

Other than the one I've given that was shot down because telling y'all it didn't just come from a psychic wasn't sufficient, I'm not sure. But it's also the only other thing that makes sense - based on her plans for the night - as to why she was at the Shell station.

Apologies. I must have missed the reason that Danni is connected with a really bad place - the Buddha place.

He seemed unprepared, unaware of the details and a bit nervous. Better preparation should make a big difference.

Agreed- I felt like there was an irritated undertone. Like someone was wasting his time. The statements about some people don't like to talk to police and if you know something you haven't told us..kind of felt like he was talking specifically to someone.

Agreed- I felt like there was an irritated undertone. Like someone was wasting his time. The statements about some people don't like to talk to police and if you know something you haven't told us..kind of felt like he was talking specifically to someone.

My impression was that he was unfamiliar with the details. He initially described Danni's daughter as 4 months old, and he learned during the conference that Danni's daughter is 4 years old. That's a big mistake to make in terms of being familiar with the facts of Danni's disappearance.

Cedgison can you explain what drug type assistance for work means? EAP type of assistance? Or something else?

No, I was talking about to help her get through her work day.

My impression was that he was unfamiliar with the details. He initially described Danni's daughter as 4 months old, and he learned during the conference that Danni's daughter is 4 years old. That's a big mistake to make in terms of being familiar with the facts of Danni's disappearance.

Unfamiliar was the impression I took from it, as well. But I don't know for sure what was going on.

No, I was talking about to help her get through her work day.

We know that she had two jobs, which is not uncommon in the restaurant industry. We also know that she was not pulling double shifts every day. In fact, the reason that servers often have two jobs is to fill up their schedule so they work every day.

On July 18 and 19, she had no work hours scheduled at either job. She was scheduled to work on July 20 at 11AM, so I'm curious about the suggestion that she needed illegal pharmaceutical drugs to work what appears to be a rather normal schedule.

I don't think harder drugs in the sense of heroin, cocaine, etc. nor has this been a speculation from the T family.

My speculation - and again, it's just that, my speculation - is based on this:
She went back to working doubles within a week of giving birth. Most doctors don't clear a woman for work until 6 weeks and DNV may not have been cleared to go back but she did. If we think about the pain, strain on the body, and emotions that come with having a baby and giving it up for adoption, what could she have used to help get her through her long workdays?

Willpower, determination, the strength of mind and a reason. None of which rely on doctors pills, or drugs. Some people are like that.

Mingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member