Found Deceased AL - Garrett Walker, 20, left bar, University of Alabama student, Tuscaloosa, 6 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
20-Year-Old University of Alabama Student Missing After Night Out (tuscaloosathread.com)

attachment-Screen-Shot-2021-11-07-at-8.02.18-PM.jpg

A 20-year-old University of Alabama student is missing after a night in downtown Tuscaloosa Saturday.
  • Garrett Walker left the Gray Lady bar on Greensboro Ave, according to a Facebook post from his mother, DW.
  • His mother said Walker's phone was discovered at the Tuscaloosa Riverwalk.
  • A Tuscaloosa PD spokeswoman confirmed that TPD officers and UAPD officers have been searching for him since early this morning after his parents contacted UAPD.
  • Walker is a junior studying Aerospace Engineering at the University.
  • A photo taken of Garrett on Saturday night shows him wearing a gray Crimson Tide polo under a plaid flannel shirt.
Anyone with more information about Walker's disappearance or current whereabouts is urged to contact his mother at 410-241-7407 or the Tuscaloosa Police Department at 205-349-2121.

20-Year-Old University of Alabama Student Missing After Night Out (tuscaloosathread.com)

attachment-Screen-Shot-2021-11-07-at-8.02.18-PM.jpg

A 20-year-old University of Alabama student is missing after a night in downtown Tuscaloosa Saturday.
  • Garrett Walker left the Gray Lady bar on Greensboro Ave, according to a Facebook post from his mother, DW.
  • His mother said Walker's phone was discovered at the Tuscaloosa Riverwalk.
  • A Tuscaloosa PD spokeswoman confirmed that TPD officers and UAPD officers have been searching for him since early this morning after his parents contacted UAPD.
  • Walker is a junior studying Aerospace Engineering at the University.
  • A photo taken of Garrett on Saturday night shows him wearing a gray Crimson Tide polo under a plaid flannel shirt.
Anyone with more information about Walker's disappearance or current whereabouts is urged to contact his mother at 410-241-7407 or the Tuscaloosa Police Department at 205-349-2121.
Probably out late after attending the LSU - Alabama game. Hopefully he simply made a new friend and made a day of it today.

University of Alabama student missing since early Sunday; police search ongoing

Garrett Walker, a 20-year-old junior was last seen about 1:15 a.m. at the Gray Lady on Greensboro Avenue in Tuscaloosa. His cell phone was found Sunday afternoon at the Riverwalk.

Tuscaloosa police officials said they received an official missing person report Sunday afternoon. Tuscaloosa and University of Alabama police officers have been searching for Walker, who is from Maryland, since Sunday morning.

UA student missing since Sunday morning - The Crimson White

Walker left The Gray Lady alone around 1:30 a.m. His fraternity brother NN said Walker was heading home to Wesley Place.

An area resident reported seeing Walker near 17th Avenue and Queen City Avenue around 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

Police found his cellphone Sunday afternoon at the Riverwalk.

Thanks Pommy, I was just trying to figure that out myself.

I sure hope some people from the bar and his friends are able to help with providing info that may help find this young man. The list of those I’m praying for just seems to keep growing.

This one gives me chills. I used to live on Queen City Avenue for a very short time while in graduate school in Tuscaloosa. In the early 80s I lived right off of University Boulevard, so not on the direct route where this young man was walking, but in that neighborhood. Tuscaloosa is a typical college town, lots of apartments, bars, and restaurants. Kind of a sense of chaos, like most college towns. Frankly it's not a place I would walk around alone at night, especially after a big football game. Too many drunks walking and driving, and too many people from out of town.

NOV 7, 2021
Search of Black Warrior River planned for missing UA student
Rescuers are planning an early Monday morning search of the Black Warrior River for a missing college student, police said.

[...]

During the investigation, Tuscaloosa police officers recovered articles of clothing believed to belong to Walker both in and near the Black Warrior River, about a half mile from the bar where he was last seen, Taylor said.

Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue and Tuscaloosa Police Department search crews will be searching the area at first light on Monday, the spokeswoman said.

The Tuscaloosa Police Department are asking the public’s help in locating a missing University of Alabama student who was last seen Sunday morning.

According to the Tuscaloosa Police Department, 20-year-old Garrett Winston James Walker was last seen leaving a bar on Greensboro Avenue just after 1 a.m. Sunday. Walker’s parents reported him missing after his phone was found near the Tuscaloosa Riverwalk

During the investigation, TPD recovered a clothing item from the Black Warrior River that’s believed to belong to Walker. Authorities will search the river and surrounding area Monday.

Anyone with information on Walker’s whereabouts are asked to contact the Tuscaloosa Police Department at 205-349-2121.
Search underway for missing University of Alabama student
upload_2021-11-8_5-43-32.jpeg
University of Alabama student missing since early Sunday; clothing items found in Black Warrior River

Nothing new, although it says it was updated 45 mins ago.

Tuscaloosa Police search for missing UA student

I cannot for the life of me figure out how this happens, the same exact story, time and time again. Young man goes to a bar, disappears into thin air, and is found in the river. We have to start warning our sons to stay clear away from rivers if they've been drinking! :(

Having studied the map, I can't figure out why he would go to the Riverwalk at that time of night. It really makes no sense.

I agree. I was there as a graduate student in the late 80s. Why he would walk home from either the pub or the Riverwalk area at any time of the day makes no sense; it is quite a distance. Furthermore, his residence is right off a main artery, 15th street, and it has certain dangers in the late evening/early morning hours.
The articles of clothing found were no where near the location a “local” was said to have seen him.
My DS is a graduate student attending UA and lives very close to Garrett’s residence. I cannot imagine the turmoil and angst Garrett’s parents must be undergoing.

NOV 7, 2021
EXCLUSIVE: University Of Alabama Student Missing Leaves No Trace (953thebear.com)
I just hung up with this missing students mother, Debbie Walker.

I don't want to imagine what she and other loved ones are going through.

[...]

Multiple theories abound, from the most sinister to silly.

[...]

A family is on pins and needles waiting for any news.

Please don't be silent because you are protecting someone.

[...]

If you were anywhere near The Grey Lady, and lots of you partied in the area, please speak up about anything you saw or know.

DW, Garrett's mom, is waiting for any information on her son.

You can send me a message by clicking on my name or through the app for 95.3 The Bear.

NOV 8, 2021
Search is on for Alabama student missing since Sunday morning - WVUA23
Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue and TPD are searching the river and surrounding areas this morning.

Last edited:
NOV 8, 2021
River Search Underway for Missing Man in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (tuscaloosathread.com)

attachment-River-Search.jpg

[...]

The search Monday morning seemed centered on the dock of the Bama Belle riverboat.

Tuscaloosa Police Chief Brent Blankley and other city officials gathered on the dock, while other officers slowly scouted the area in a police department boat.

Around 8 a.m. Monday, the fire department was loading diving gear onto the boat and working to get an aerial drone in the air to search the water from the sky.

A small group of Walker's friends was gathered in the area Monday morning waiting for news on the search.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back