AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the second segment of the Haunting Evidence episode, the psychic is driven yo where the car was found. Don't worry about the psychic part. Just watch the drive and look at where the car was.

Edit: I am not saying the killer took the exact route as the psychic. Just you get an idea without going there.

In the second segment of the Haunting Evidence episode, the psychic is driven yo where the car was found. Don't worry about the psychic part. Just watch the drive and look at where the car was.

Edit: I am not saying the killer took the exact route as the psychic. Just you get an idea without going there.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Perhaps there is a better question than if it was secluded since it was discovered at what, 6am the next morning, so in any event it wasn't VERY hidden.

The better question is, whether it was a great hiding space or not, was it one of the best places to hide it in the area? If it wasn't that well hidden, but it was still the best place to hide it, then that would indicate that the killer might have known the area well...beggers can't be choosers. If there were numerous other places to hide it where it might have gone undiscovered more than a few hours had the killer been aware of them, then it would be more indicative that the killer just picked the first semi-decent place he came across, not too far from where he connected with the girls.

I see most accounts call the area "isolated" so maybe that is as hidden as someone could do if they knew the area.

Of course, the location of the car could be no indication at all, if it had more to do with his exit strategy than anything else.

Ok, I watched it on Youtube. I'd say where the car is located is definitely off the beaten path enough to imply the perpetrator might have knew the area well. I wouldn't say 100% certainty, because it isn't super hidden, and he could have just found the area looking for a quiet spot. But it wasn't quite as out in the open as some of what I read made it sound, and based on how early it was found the next morning.

I had pictured it so out in the open, and based on how soon that it was found by a cop, that it implied that they didn't even try to find a hiding spot. To me that strongly suggested a non-local. I don't feel that way anymore.

I don't agree that it means it was DEFINITELY a local, it's not like a non-local couldn't have found that spot, but definitely don't think the abandonment location favors a non-local like I was thinking.

All right, I have a new theory. This is a thing they would not have told their parents.

Along with whatever party they wanted to go to, they were going to talk to someone. They did not expect this to be a big deal, but it was. This is based on various rumors. I don't know who it was. It sounds like a guy around their age. For people who maybe encountered the same rumors, this ties into the break in at Tracie's house. This is a person in Ozark. Police know about this guy because of what this is about.

Also, more rumors of two more guys J.B. supposedly knew (rumors say more, but I am not really believing those). Well, one might be the above guy due to age. So, one guy around their age who was staying near where the car was found. The other was older. At least one of these guys, rumor has it, Tracie didn't know at all. The older guy was also from Ozark. The names and other details are out there, so if I have heard of these guys then so have the police.

Here is an interview with Chief Spivey. Yes, Ricky Stokes put it up, but it is mostly Spivey talking. He says he believes someone knows something, but won't come forward.
J B Beasley and Tracie Hawlett Murders: [video=youtu;FK-OJ7SGSb8]http://youtu.be/FK-OJ7SGSb8[/video]

As far as driving on to the wrong property and being murdered for it, that is based on another rumor of something extremely illegal going on in the area. So, that is the kind of thing I mean. This is the kind of thing that can be moved. Probably it and the people are long gone if this happened. The police may still know about it though. But, this was based largely on the idea they were very lost. Turns out, they weren't THAT lost, so this is probably not what happened.

There is zero doubt the vehicle would have been discovered quickly... as indeed it was. It was discovered by the time police were notified

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Please understand it is not a remote isolated area. It is just the only small hidden stretch in populated neighborhoods.

I encourage you to use Google Street view and travel it from gas station to discovery location.

In less than 2 minutes from gas station... I must have passed 50 residences if not more (depending on your route)

Iciaccia, I agree... It could be someone who just knew that little area more than all of Ozark. However, by this time, the car was nearly out of gas, so there's that to consider as well.

Easongt has said from the start that he thinks the killer walked away from this. So, how far the murderer wanted to walk maybe factored in as well. I think he is right about that.

If the murderer had a car, it wasn't parked anywhere THAT close by because the police apparently check that road. So, he would have needed to put it some place normal for a car to be.

And, of course, there is the train. I know it is a freight. People ride those. But, this murder seems too much of an execution to be that. I am just listing all routes of escape.

However, murderers are arrogant. Many, once they get clear of the body(ies), figure they have outwitted the police and just go home.

I have been thinking about the keychain. I don't know why I didn't think of it, but those blocks are all separate. If he took the keychain apart, he could toss away most of it into the woods or even some random trashcan and it might never be found even if people were looking for it.

I posted earlier about some road names. If you follow those roads, right before you hit 123 I think you have the likely spot the chief mentioned. This place would fit well with the scenario they had to move the vehicle from property and Herring is just a very short drive. It is the closest "secluded" spot that was easy to get to and there were no main roads to travel to get there. Also, if you look at this from Google Earth the barn, or whatever it is, has a dirt tract leading to a more prominent house right on 123. I think this may be a bingo on possible secondary location. Sure would be interesting to know who had that house in 99.

Another thing that has been a question for me. There have been reports that JB had her hands under head as if sleeping. Is this true? If it is true, what does it indicate?
A) she knew she was about to be killed?
B) someone placed her in peaceful position?

What inferences can we draw from the two?

Just searching for that area and I came across a post here on Websleuths that indicated the same area as well. Poster only had 2 posts and his first was very detailed, the second suggested that there was evidence in that pond.

I have been thinking about the keychain. I don't know why I didn't think of it, but those blocks are all separate. If he took the keychain apart, he could toss away most of it into the woods or even some random trashcan and it might never be found even if people were looking for it.

But then why would he take the keychain and the baseball cap only to throw it away? To me, it sounds more like those were a 'trophy' of some sort to him! Btw, was it the cops who mentioned the baseball cap first? I'm wondering because I don't know but being a sheriff etc I would have keep this a secret and could have told officers to look out for anyone with such caps and take their name etc... After this information was known I'm pretty sure the perpetrator threw it away!

Another thing that has been a question for me. There have been reports that JB had her hands under head as if sleeping. Is this true? If it is true, what does it indicate?
A) she knew she was about to be killed?
B) someone placed her in peaceful position?

What inferences can we draw from the two?

Or she didn't want her face against the floor.

I looked up specs on a 1993 Mazda 929, but I couldn't find trunk capacity listed. Since in 2016, if you're buying one, you probably don't care. I thought that would give us an idea how much room there even was. Obviously, they fit. But, just barely or with extra room? Maybe someone can sort of figure this out if they can find?

But then why would he take the keychain and the baseball cap only to throw it away? To me, it sounds more like those were a 'trophy' of some sort to him! Btw, was it the cops who mentioned the baseball cap first? I'm wondering because I don't know but being a sheriff etc I would have keep this a secret and could have told officers to look out for anyone with such caps and take their name etc... After this information was known I'm pretty sure the perpetrator threw it away!

Maybe he wanted one of the keys? IDK...

So the break in... did it occur before or after the murders?

Forced entry? Keys used?

Oops, my theory above that mentions two or three guys is more why were they in Ozark.

I kind of think they were in Ozark either because they specifically drove there from the start OR once they got near there, they decided to go see someone they knew. This has them stopping.

Forced entry? Keys used?

The break in was at Tracie's. So, the keys would be another reason, IDK why. Maybe nothing ever happened with them. But, they might have been taken with intent.

Or... Was there anything other than keys on this chain? Some girls have little charms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel