AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, I have a new theory. This is a thing they would not have told their parents.

Along with whatever party they wanted to go to, they were going to talk to someone. They did not expect this to be a big deal, but it was. This is based on various rumors. I don't know who it was. It sounds like a guy around their age. For people who maybe encountered the same rumors, this ties into the break in at Tracie's house. This is a person in Ozark. Police know about this guy because of what this is about.

Also, more rumors of two more guys J.B. supposedly knew (rumors say more, but I am not really believing those). Well, one might be the above guy due to age. So, one guy around their age who was staying near where the car was found. The other was older. At least one of these guys, rumor has it, Tracie didn't know at all. The older guy was also from Ozark. The names and other details are out there, so if I have heard of these guys then so have the police.

Here is an interview with Chief Spivey. Yes, Ricky Stokes put it up, but it is mostly Spivey talking. He says he believes someone knows something, but won't come forward.
J B Beasley and Tracie Hawlett Murders: [video=youtu;FK-OJ7SGSb8]http://youtu.be/FK-OJ7SGSb8[/video]

As far as driving on to the wrong property and being murdered for it, that is based on another rumor of something extremely illegal going on in the area. So, that is the kind of thing I mean. This is the kind of thing that can be moved. Probably it and the people are long gone if this happened. The police may still know about it though. But, this was based largely on the idea they were very lost. Turns out, they weren't THAT lost, so this is probably not what happened.

Easy on the tanning beds there chief.. Holy moly!

Might her keys have been missing but gone unoticed?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am not sure... I think before. But, it was at Tracie's.

This break in... If we are giving credence to it, we have to remember the source which was the HCR investigative notes. Then we have to at least consider the totality of those reports and how much truth was reported. I tend to believe there are some truths mixed in those reports in some form or another. And if that is the case... Boy oh boy, there was some outlandish shyte going on in Alabama in the late 90's

I tend to recall the police reports were one of the few legit things I saw on HCR. I'm not at my computer to look that up. My thick fingers suck on the cell phone. Can someone post a pic of report on here?

Might her keys have been missing but gone unoticed?

Expand on what you mean by the keys being missing but gone unoticed? Please.

Call Tracy key have been missing

Could Tracie's key have been missing but no one noticed because she wasn't driving

But then why would he take the keychain and the baseball cap only to throw it away? To me, it sounds more like those were a 'trophy' of some sort to him! Btw, was it the cops who mentioned the baseball cap first? I'm wondering because I don't know but being a sheriff etc I would have keep this a secret and could have told officers to look out for anyone with such caps and take their name etc... After this information was known I'm pretty sure the perpetrator threw it away!

It could have been he was nervous and took the keys out of habit, stuffed them in his pocket and fled discarding them later. Also, he may have wanted to remove a certain key from the key chain that he did not want LE to discover. The latter is my theory.

The baseball cap was first mentioned in one of the press reports. I believe it was Beasley's stepdad that realized it was missing. He had taken her to a MLB game at Fenway Park in Boston that summer and it was purchased then.

Could Tracie's key have been missing but no one noticed because she wasn't driving

Ahhhh OK Tracie's key! Now that you say that I think I remember an empty key ring as one of the items found in the car.

As for the DNA being found in multiple places, I just don't think that's unexplainable by a consensual encounter earlier. Without getting too graphic, I think it lines up with an earlier incident of teenage heavy petting cleaned up well enough so it wasn't obvious on first inspection, but was picked up later in the lab. Probably more so than with a perpetrator managing to leave his DNA on the girl, but just one girl, but under her clothes but over her underwear, but cleaned up enough so it's not obvious on first inspection, but not so well cleaned that it's not picked up later, and whatever was used to clean it up taken from the scene and disposed of and not leaving any other traces.

I don't know...it's not that it couldn't be the perpetrator, but it's at LEAST as explainable by an unrelated incident. Obviously, if they are using the DNA to clear people, the police don't agree. Is that because her whereabouts are totally accounted for, or because she didn't have a known boyfriend? Who knows...they may have good reason.

Some people think she had had a secret lover that got her killed...if you believe that, it's also certainly possible she had a secret boyfriend that got her dirty earlier in the day, or even theoretically on a different day depending on if she re-wore clothes. While it's certainly not impossible, the DNA is such a weird anomaly in a case in which there is no other consistency with it being primarily a sex crime.

I will admit, reading rumors on other websites, there are some that sound pretty damning but if she truly had a relationship with an adult authority figure let's say...I haven't seen anyone that claimed to be able to actually link them together. While that would certainly explain the lack of progress...so would general incompetence and/or just bad luck and/or a well executed crime.

Well, if it was from a earlier unrelated encounter they haven't managed to piece together her entire whereabouts on that day and he hasn't come forward. Even after they had barrentine all but convicted until the dna was discovered. Three months after the fact they're made aware of the dna, the possible consensual guy is sweating bullets. At that point the wiser decision would be to come forward especially since they had John giving these so called confessions.

If there is someone innocent that the sample belongs to and somehow a match pops up one day either his or from a familial hit this guy will have a lot of explaining to do.

They might have wasted some time and resources with johnny but they did have a month of investigation before he was brought in. They had plenty of resources in those weeks and I think they would have cast there net far and wide looking for potentials, including love interests.

I've mentioned this before but if they found matching dna inside the car, this would have bolstered the notion that it was part of the crime but I don't know if that happened. I'm not totally convinced it's related but it's my belief that it is.

I posted earlier about some road names. If you follow those roads, right before you hit 123 I think you have the likely spot the chief mentioned. This place would fit well with the scenario they had to move the vehicle from property and Herring is just a very short drive. It is the closest "secluded" spot that was easy to get to and there were no main roads to travel to get there. Also, if you look at this from Google Earth the barn, or whatever it is, has a dirt tract leading to a more prominent house right on 123. I think this may be a bingo on possible secondary location. Sure would be interesting to know who had that house in 99.

If you're talking about the possible secondary crime scene that's mentioned in the Southeastern Sun article, I gave you a link a few pages back where a poster found it by comparing the only photo we have of it with google street view. He posted a shortened google street view link in his post. I'm convinced that is at least where they were searching and found the unspent cartridge.

BBM Like you, I too am not ruling out anything or discounting any theories. But check out easongt's post #1115. I believe he hit the nail squarely on the head as far as the motive is concerned.

As for why two were killed instead of just the one...the killer had to strike when the opportunity presented itself. I believe he had them in Ozark and they were not aware of his intentions until it was too late. He had them at his peril and there were no witnesses around. One of the girls was his target and the other was killed because she was present and he could not leave anyone around to testify against him.

I want to add that all of this is just my theory of what happened. I do not claim to be smarter than anyone else or have "inside information" from LE or anyone else. I just hope that someday this horrible case will be solved and the victims' loved ones will get the answers they deserve.

I'm not completely following you two but I'm trying to, lol. He talks about a love interest and a custody hearing, are they connected somehow or is it one or the other? I want to say a CH rings a bell but I cant put my finger on it, it's all a little too vague for me right now but I'm tired, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Also, he may have wanted to remove a certain key from the key chain that he did not want LE to discover. The latter is my theory.

Interesting theory! If that is the case then there are 2 questions to wonder... where are the rest of the keychain and December has a good point about it being scattered around the place and 2nd but more interesting thing to wonder is what would be so important about a key. Wasn't there a baseball thing on the keychain or something similar?

Like Easongt said earlier, it would be great if this has its own forum section where we could have threads about the crime itself, the facts and fiction, cover-up theory, locations, etc.. Maybe we should ask an administrator about such thing because the problem is there are many pages in this threads and we are losing crucial informations because some of those are in the first page or in the middle of the thread etc...

Her keychain said Hard2Get. There was an example of the type of keychain it was that said Soccer and had a soccer ball. But, from everything I heard, J.B.'s just said what it said. When these were in style, I saw girls with them and there were ones that were just words.

I'm not completely following you two but I'm trying to, lol. He talks about a love interest and a custody hearing, are they connected somehow or is it one or the other? I want to say a CH rings a bell but I cant put my finger on it, it's all a little too vague for me right now but I'm tired, so I'll try again tomorrow.

I too find eastongt's posts a bit too cryptic. I don't know if it's that he/she won't/can't say more, or has said more in past pages and I just didn't digest it. I'm perfectly willing to acknowledge it's my failing not eastongt...

Maybe he wanted one of the keys? IDK...

Interesting possibility. Another...the person(s) moving the car were not the ones responsible for the murder. I've seen strongly worded "rumors" on other sites where somebody claims knowledge (as told to them by a cop) and names the two guys who he was told moved the car. However he does NOT think the two punks actually committed the murder...he says they moved it at the killer's behest, as they "owed" him.

If that's the case, and you send to no-goods out to do a hugely important job like that, I could see that you might demand they bring back the keys as proof. If you left the keys in the ignition, and then sent these guys out to move it, making them bring the keys back would at the very least prove that they went to the vehicle, and didn't just go in the woods to get high for an hour.

Interesting theory! If that is the case then there are 2 questions to wonder... where are the rest of the keychain and December has a good point about it being scattered around the place and 2nd but more interesting thing to wonder is what would be so important about a key. Wasn't there a baseball thing on the keychain or something similar?

Like Easongt said earlier, it would be great if this has its own forum section where we could have threads about the crime itself, the facts and fiction, cover-up theory, locations, etc.. Maybe we should ask an administrator about such thing because the problem is there are many pages in this threads and we are losing crucial informations because some of those are in the first page or in the middle of the thread etc...

Agreed.

I'm amazed this isn't a bigger case and hasn't had a book written about it. There is so much that is unknown about the case, it's hard to believe that we don't know certain basics that would be rather taken for granted in a high profile case...was there a break in of Tracy's room or not? Did they have boyfriends? What were there whereabouts the rest of the day, or day before?

Obviously, with an unsolved mystery there are plenty of unknowns, but we don't even know the things that almost certainly should be "known". I guess without the research someone puts into a book, it just doesn't come out.

Well, if it was from a earlier unrelated encounter they haven't managed to piece together her entire whereabouts on that day and he hasn't come forward. Even after they had barrentine all but convicted until the dna was discovered. Three months after the fact they're made aware of the dna, the possible consensual guy is sweating bullets. At that point the wiser decision would be to come forward especially since they had John giving these so called confessions.

If there is someone innocent that the sample belongs to and somehow a match pops up one day either his or from a familial hit this guy will have a lot of explaining to do.

They might have wasted some time and resources with johnny but they did have a month of investigation before he was brought in. They had plenty of resources in those weeks and I think they would have cast there net far and wide looking for potentials, including love interests.

I've mentioned this before but if they found matching dna inside the car, this would have bolstered the notion that it was part of the crime but I don't know if that happened. I'm not totally convinced it's related but it's my belief that it is.

I've thought about this factor, and those are good questions. However, innocent isn't exactly the same as innocent of this crime. What if the "donor" is someone who wouldn't want it to be known?

A married man? A teacher? Someone with a girlfriend. Just another teenager who was afraid his parents would whoop his *advertiser censored* for being sexually active?

Remember, she JUST turned 17. So the day before, she was 16. Maybe a 25 year old guy doesn't exactly feel great about walking into a police station and admitting to statutory rape. It looks like Alabama's age of consent is 16...I don't know if it was back then, or if the relationship started when she was 15.

Also, keep in mind that they don't know about the DNA at first...so the donor at that point doesn't even think he needs to be involved. Then out of nowhere, it's discovered, and immediately declared linked to the killer by the cops. Now a guy has the choice to either walk into the police station, possibly cop to statutory rape, and make himself the prime suspect in a double murder. Or he can just STFU and stay home.

You want to think someone would "do the right thing", and you'd think if it was a loving boyfriend or something, the desire to see justice done would compel you to turn in. But if you know you're innocent, but owning up to the DNA is going to put you in a lot of hot water AND put you square in the cross hairs of a double murder accusation...it's quite likely you don't say a word.

All that said...it's possible that investigators have verified every minute of JB's day, and confirmed her underwear was washed that morning. I agree with you that based on the police not seeming to consider an alternative DNA source implies they've done what's necessary to establish it as the killer's.

But that means we stipulate either the competence of the police, or their full honesty. Do we feel ok stipulating either or both? I don't know, especially given many of the persistent rumors.

But it is something that we shouldn't have to waste much time speculating on if we knew more about JB's timeline that day, or just knew why the cops were excluding the possibility of an earlier encounter.

Being part of a murder investigation, did any police ever legally search the rooms of both girls? Also, I am sure I heard reports that within days of the murder some Ozark PD tried to search JB's room but we're turned away. Anyone else know of this?

Didn't Mr. Hawlett fill J.B.gas tank the previous day? So she must have spent a good amount of time with Tracie on Thursday. I wonder who they might have talked to then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10