AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has everything to do with this case I am thinking. Well, whether it is for the good or bad he generated a lot of new interest and I think new information to light. (Not vetted of course) It has been the most we have seen this case discussed in 10 years.

All right, it sounds like when the girls reached Midland City on 134, they turned the wrong way and wound up in Ozark instead of Dothan. I know there are probably signs that specifically said the correct direction of Dothan. But, maybe they just didn't see these signs for whatever reason. So, picked the wrong direction for whatever reason (they remembered it wrong, he told them wrong, they suddenly decided to go to Ozark... Could be any reason).

Which, people have been saying this. I looked at a map again and I agree, this is where their trail to Ozark begins. Whether it was just a mistake or intentional... IDK.

People who drive that road, if someone started following at Citgo, could that person hang back enough to keep track of the girls without being noticed? Or is the road so dark they could outright follow without being noticed?

The Citgo, which for one thing was open, sounds like a busier place. Also, it sounds like a place where people looking for that one party sort of wound up being at.

Also, did J.B. not realize that the party was in her honor for her birthday? I mean, was that supposed to be a surprise for her?

Yes ... I blieve it is... Disappeared sometime in the past few days ...

It was offline the last time I tried two or three days ago

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
After the FB page for HCR disappeared, I was curious and searched his name...he has another page dedicated to his photojournalism and will be going to grad school to focus on that passion. According to a post on that page towards the end of April, he's given up the HCR site and will archive past articles.

Sent from my A846L using Tapatalk

After the FB page for HCR disappeared, I was curious and searched his name...he has another page dedicated to his photojournalism and will be going to grad school to focus on that passion. According to a post on that page towards the end of April, he's given up the HCR site and will archive past articles.

It could also be shut down due to the pending lawsuit filed by the former OPD officers that HCR accused of murder.

It could also be shut down due to the pending lawsuit filed by the former OPD officers that HCR accused of murder.
That could have something to do with it, I'm not sure - I was just repeating what I read on his page.. Interesting timing for sure!

I keep finding myself back at these wiregrass forums. It's almost like you have to go back and re-read it all whenever there is another small piece of info reported. It's quite interesting going back and reading after you watch the HCR video interviews, I must say. I don't know how much truth was posted in those forums. Definitely some truths. But IMO, what is more revealing are the attempts at diversion on those old forums. Problem is, you really have to read through them several times, and take notes about who is who, to get a a good feel for what is going on there.
As for the HCR reports...Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. JMO

ETA - I have zero suspicions with regards to Bookie. I say that while maintaining that I keep an open mind to ALL possibilities. But I do find him sincere.

Not only is it an attempted diversion or diversions, a certain poster points the finger at the Dance Instructor and Private Investigator that she hired saying something to the effect if you want to find the killer, start with the Dance Instructor and the P.I. That was because the P.I. had previously pointed the finger at him and all but said he was the killer. He (the P.I.) also pointed out that the poster claimed to know that the girls were dead 3 hours BEFORE their bodies were found.

How sure are we that they were shot in the trunk?

Before, I thought Bookie said J.B. gave him the direction napkin. But, watching this time, I wonder if she just showed him the direction napkin.

That being said, J.B. was bad with directions. Bookie found the party no problem with exactly the same directions she had. This is no slam against her, just that's not everyone's forte and she had only been driving for a year.

Some people do o.k. if they learn where things are by driving to those locations. Probably, this was the case with J.B. So, if she got somewhere she knew, she'd be fine. That's what she wanted from the B/L lady... Directions to a place she knew better than the area she'd driven into. Once she found the area she knew, she probably could have easily found several other locations (I don't mean she actually went those places, just she could have found them.)

Pretty sure? Jacqui says the bullet that killed J.B. went through the floor. Also, there was blood on the undercarriage consistent with the car moving as blood dripped out of this hole.

I think that news sources stated they were both shot in the trunk, but I remember the wiregrass.com suspect, to whom I have referred in previous posts, once posted that while he was being questioned by LE and the FBI, he ascertained that LE thought JB was shot outside and then placed in the trunk by the killer. I know official reports say specifically that JB's clothes were dirty and Tracie was the first in the trunk. Jacqui has said JB 's hands were folded under her head, almost like an angel. I wonder if she was shot outside the trunk and then laid in by the murderer.

He states he was questioned for the better part of the day, but I don't believe that the FBI would have revealed information like this (JB shot outside) during questioning, especially if they were holding it back from media.

Can someone validate the DL was on the dashboard or in the purse... If on the dasboard was it placed intentionally there to throw off the case. The more I have read the more I feel a person or persons played games with crime scene clues.

More than one person knows what happened that night ... All thou may not have been the brightest one person seems to know something however was scared. the keys did not go missing for an accidental reason but an intended reason.

There is an element of ratical ways of persons in their beliefs ... Wow have really did a 180 in the original direction I was going in this case.

tracie was an innocent bystander JB was the target ....

Can someone validate the DL was on the dashboard or in the purse... If on the dasboard was it placed intentionally there to throw off the case. The more I have read the more I feel a person or persons played games with crime scene clues.

More than one person knows what happened that night ... All thou may not have been the brightest one person seems to know something however was scared. the keys did not go missing for an accidental reason but an intended reason.

There is an element of ratical ways of persons in their beliefs ... Wow have really did a 180 in the original direction I was going in this case.

tracie was an innocent bystander JB was the target ....

LE admitted not long ago that they took the driver's license from the purse and placed it where it was found. Going from memory, I believe they did it to make a photograph of it.

LE admitted not long ago that they took the driver's license from the purse and placed it where it was found. Going from memory, I believe they did it to make a photograph of it.

many thanks .. Clearing a few things out in my head... There are a lot of twists...

I just watched the Allan Forrest (Bookie) video again and will attempt to answer some of the questions posted by "some questions" above. According to Bookie, one of the last people to see the girls, they were headed to the field party near Headland (he never mentioned Haleburg) but couldn't find the party and ended up at the Citgo station instead. They called someone at the party and JB said she had something to tell Jana, the host, but according to Bookie, they gave up and never attempted to get to the party again. Instead, they then speak to someone on the phone whom they are going to meet in Midland City. Bookie gave them directions to Midland City. Jacqui, JB's sister, has stated that they were supposed to meet these friends but never connected with them. Jacqui also says these friends were checked out and cleared. Midland City is about half way between Dothan and Ozark, so the assumption (Yes it is a guess- but an educated guess) is they went on to Ozark to see someone else- and he was there. As for the killer being smart, I think it is more luck. I think he's smart enough to lay low after the murders and hope no one really knows his motive. The motive could have something that happened recently before the killings, or a secret that could get someone in trouble of some kind. It might be a secret that was known only to JB and the killer, it happens. The killer also might have been acting in proxy of someone else, but I find that less likely. I do think it is possible that the killer has stayed involved with the case by spreading rumors and pointing fingers at others. And I do think it is possible that it was a random act- but not probable. There was too much in JB's life- including the hearing and the older male "friend" I've mentioned before, for this to be random in my opinion. If you have time, go to wiregrass.com and search the word "Russ" and read the threads that come up. I think you might change your mind. Maybe not...but it is informative and interesting none the less. Some Questions, you are right, one guess after another...but I for one think the guesses on this forum have become more and more educated. Just my opinion.

I am not from Alabama and I did not know who J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett knew. I have no idea where they were headed and these new directions to Midland City really change things. So thank you for the post. I watched the Bookie video too, and there was nothing of interest except the time that I am sure someone noticed too. Bookie said he woke up in the morning and that someone named Matt called him to tell him about what happened to J.B. and Tracie. It must have been a late night for Bookie. I thought the trunk was not opened until the afternoon. Maybe Bookie has his time wrong? It does make you wonder if the murderer would be as dismayed as J.B.'s sister that it took until the afternoon to open the trunk.

Everything is gone. Articles, videos... Everything completely zapped from the internet. Friggin interesting.

As someone posted earlier may be gone due to the lawsuit... Some of the reports on there were a bit bizzarre have to read them with a grain of salt.

Question: was in facr both girls wet from knees down was it both or one of them or not at all factual

dNA has been in my thoughts as well ... Nowadays ancestory can do relative linked dna matches .. Seen this several times on n lost family ... Its very interesting... People locating their birth parents... Granted that a relatives dna would have ro be in their database ... It may not link to the killer however it would be nice to see if they can link someone close ... Narrows the realm of person of possibilities

As someone posted earlier may be gone due to the lawsuit... Some of the reports on there were a bit bizzarre have to read them with a grain of salt.

Question: was in facr both girls wet from knees down was it both or one of them or not at all factual

dNA has been in my thoughts as well ... Nowadays ancestory can do relative linked dna matches .. Seen this several times on n lost family ... Its very interesting... People locating their birth parents... Granted that a relatives dna would have ro be in their database ... It may not link to the killer however it would be nice to see if they can link someone close ... Narrows the realm of person of possibilities

The initial police and news reports that both girls pants were wet from the knees down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member