AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! My mind is blown. After reading these posts I googled Bookie's biography (on MTV.com). It says he was arrested 3 times by the age of 16 and was involved in drugs during his teens And you guys are right, sometimes the simplest explanation is the best. I looked at the map, and it just doesn't make sense for a city kid from Dothan to know a backwoods shortcut from Headland to Midland City. He has gone on to become a successful recording artist....mind blown.

Now you are getting my drift.... "Maybe Bookie had family or friends out that way." Yes, maybe he did.

As far as the age of friends or color is concerned, doesn't matter. The other point I was trying to make is why would you ask someone younger and inexperienced directions to get from one place to another? The store attendant or any other person driving that was in that parking lot was probably more knowledgeable about the surroundings than the freshman that doesn't drive. Why not ask whoever Bookie was with? Did they know he had ties to Midland City/Ozark area? Does he?

From Bookie's video: "I'm from Dothan, I don't really know Headland" He later states he knew the area fairly well and knew the one road from Headland that always takes you to Midland City. He says after seeing JB and Tracie at the gas station, "I ended up dropping Tori off, Then me and Toot tried to attempt it, and then Richard Metcalf ended up meeting us and guiding us into the party." It might be worth the investigators' time to talk to everyone mentioned one more time.

You can check out some of Bookie's songs for free online. I listened to an interesting diddy called "Sip'n on Bloody Murder" this morning. Might want to check it out. One of the lyrics: "We got away with bloody murder." Maybe just a song..but it certainly makes one wonder. I wonder if he and known associates were thoroughly investigated during this time. I'm afraid he might have been overlooked because he wasn't the last one to see them..a point he stresses in his video.

You can check out some of Bookie's songs for free online. I listened to an interesting diddy called "Sip'n on Bloody Murder" this morning. Might want to check it out. One of the lyrics: "We got away with bloody murder." Maybe just a song..but it certainly makes one wonder. I wonder if he and known associates were thoroughly investigated during this time. I'm afraid he might have been overlooked because he wasn't the last one to see them..a point he stresses in his video.

You might have something here. I remember reading a previous post on Websleuths directing others to view an online video where Bookie talks about the night of the murders. One thing that stood out to me was that he said that he called or was called(I cannot remember) that morning because the news of the murders was on t.v. But I could not understand that since the trunk of the car was not opened until 2 pm.

Now there are many ways to interpret this. Maybe he had a late night the night before and the afternoon felt like the morning to him and his friend? Maybe it is just a figure of speech instead of saying the next day he said the next morning?

I thought it was important because I always thought that if police were by the car at 8 am and the killer was in the area and drove by, he would assume they opened the trunk and found the bodies. Reviewing witness and neighbor statements from the area the day of the murder might provide a clue in this regard.

Finally you have to remember that police would have thoroughly looked at anyone who knew J.B. Beasley or Tracie Hawlett so that kind of goes against any involvement by Bookie. Also Bookie would expect they would follow his directions. But they got lost.

What is so sad about this case is that I think if the case happened today, it would have been solved. I wonder what a geographical profiler would have to say about this case. I personally think the killer lives in the Bingham St, Matthews St area of Ozark, AL. But that is as much a guess as anything else in this case.

There was one other thing related to whether or not Bookie was involved. Whoever killed J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett used a gun. At Bookie's age at the time(?) does that seem reasonable?

At Bookie's age at the time(?) does that seem reasonable?

If you look at the news today, a lot of school shooters or kids committing suicide via firearms stole their parent guns to commit their deeds so it isn't far-fetched in my opinion.

From Bookie's video: "I'm from Dothan, I don't really know Headland" He later states he knew the area fairly well and knew the one road from Headland that always takes you to Midland City. He says after seeing JB and Tracie at the gas station, "I ended up dropping Tori off, Then me and Toot tried to attempt it, and then Richard Metcalf ended up meeting us and guiding us into the party." It might be worth the investigators' time to talk to everyone mentioned one more time.
I've said it before that I believe that Bookie is involved someway. He talked in circles in the video and I believe that I mentioned his lyrics before. I am not saying that he was the trigger man per say, but I think that he knows who is!

As far as a freshman getting a firearm...that would be pretty easy for most in south Alabama. I had access to quite a few firearms as do many teens in the south. It's part of our culture.

I think all this Bookie talk is leading us down the completely wrong road. JMO
V is where the answers are. One way or another. JMO

I think we could create a rabbit hole and make Bookie look viable, but my gut tells me no.

I think all this Bookie talk is leading us down the completely wrong road. JMO
V is where the answers are. One way or another. JMO

This is my gut feeling, too. But WOW - those lyrics!
I am concerned some of these acquaintances were ruled out too early on, especially considering that I am not convinced that the DNA belongs to the murderer.

Didn't mean to create a rabbit hole but it was a question that has been bothering me. It doesn't make sense to me still. If you don't know the Headland area, then how or why do you know that road and where it leads? Maybe it's not a rabbit hole, maybe Bookie knew where there final destination was going to be. "V" is viable but why not look elsewhere as well. I think after all the years none of us have looked too hard at Bookie. Here it is in the last page we have learned a few things that have been enlightening to many of us about Bookie. Only because we just started looking. It may be a rabbit hole but Lord knows we are getting nowhere with "V" at the moment.
So the guy that killed the lady and dumped the car at the same place, is there a possible connection with Bookie? Wasn't there a jailhouse confession of sorts that said the DNA came from another guy? Who is "Toot?

Didn't mean to create a rabbit hole but it was a question that has been bothering me. It doesn't make sense to me still. If you don't know the Headland area, then how or why do you know that road and where it leads? Maybe it's not a rabbit hole, maybe Bookie knew where there final destination was going to be. "V" is viable but why not look elsewhere as well. I think after all the years none of us have looked too hard at Bookie. Here it is in the last page we have learned a few things that have been enlightening to many of us about Bookie. Only because we just started looking. It may be a rabbit hole but Lord knows we are getting nowhere with "V" at the moment.
So the guy that killed the lady and dumped the car at the same place, is there a possible connection with Bookie? Wasn't there a jailhouse confession of sorts that said the DNA came from another guy? Who is "Toot?

I don't think it hurts to look at possible connections like that. By all means, if you come up with any connections like that, let us know. I guess I am just saying I haven't seen anything at all that would cause me to throw suspicion in that direction.
Of course, we do have that line that V said about JB hugging a black boy underneath the street lights or something. Anybody know the actual quote?

Does anybody remember Bookie driving any type of car before or after J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett's murder?

Does anyone remember reading that about Eutsey saying it was a friend of his? Can't remember the name, I think it was on the notes that were on HCR. Can't find those notes anywhere now.

Does anyone remember reading that about Eutsey saying it was a friend of his? Can't remember the name, I think it was on the notes that were on HCR. Can't find those notes anywhere now.[/QUOTE

I still think the answer to the murders lies with (or around) V, but I have already contacted LE with my suspicions about him, his relationship with JB, and the suspicious things he has said on Wiregrass. So while LE (hopefully) look in his direction again, I think it is healthy for us to look at other suspects who may have fallen through the cracks. To be honest, when another poster (laylandad, I think) brought up Bookie as a potential suspect several weeks ago, I did not think he was a viable suspect. But when he was brought up again, and I checked his biography, and it made me do a double take. According to his bio, he dealt drugs in his teens and was arrested 3 times by age 16. And it just doesn't make sense for a city kid who was a freshman to know a backwoods short cut between two towns, neither of which he lives in. Add to that some inconsistencies...was he awakened the next morning by the news? How about the guys with shirts off?..Jackie said the girls told this to Bookie..but Bookie has no memory of it. Then there are those lyrics, too. There is enough there that he deserves another look in my opinion. And in the end, as websleuths that is all we can do is hopefully point out the right rock for LE to look under. If I remember correctly, the retired Fort Rucker police chief who attacked JB's sister when the HCR allegations broke, stated that Eutsey said that someone named Boone was the killer. If it could be proven that Bookie had drug connections in Ozark, then that might lead to a break in the case.

FYI: I just read back through Hunter 4's post on Wiregrass. He states that a cellmate of Eutsey stated that Eutsey bragged for weeks about killing the girls, there were 3 people involved, and the person who left DNA on JB was named Boone. I wonder if Eutsey or Boone could be connected back to Bookie in any way? Again, I think this may be a dead end, but everything is still on the table at this point.

Does anyone remember reading that about Eutsey saying it was a friend of his? Can't remember the name, I think it was on the notes that were on HCR. Can't find those notes anywhere now.[/QUOTE

I still think the answer to the murders lies with (or around) V, but I have already contacted LE with my suspicions about him, his relationship with JB, and the suspicious things he has said on Wiregrass. So while LE (hopefully) look in his direction again, I think it is healthy for us to look at other suspects who may have fallen through the cracks. To be honest, when another poster (laylandad, I think) brought up Bookie as a potential suspect several weeks ago, I did not think he was a viable suspect. But when he was brought up again, and I checked his biography, and it made me do a double take. According to his bio, he dealt drugs in his teens and was arrested 3 times by age 16. And it just doesn't make sense for a city kid who was a freshman to know a backwoods short cut between two towns, neither of which he lives in. Add to that some inconsistencies...was he awakened the next morning by the news? How about the guys with shirts off?..Jackie said the girls told this to Bookie..but Bookie has no memory of it. Then there are those lyrics, too. There is enough there that he deserves another look in my opinion. And in the end, as websleuths that is all we can do is hopefully point out the right rock for LE to look under. If I remember correctly, the retired Fort Rucker police chief who attacked JB's sister when the HCR allegations broke, stated that Eutsey said that someone named Boone was the killer. If it could be proven that Bookie had drug connections in Ozark, then that might lead to a break in the case.

I agree! The police should be looking into "V" and it doesn't hurt to have another look at people close to the case. I think those records are probably sealed since he was a juvenile but wouldn't it be interesting to know details about the arrests. That road would be a prime route to move product from one town to another. It would not be a road that LE maintained a presence on. It is interesting that a scenario could be made that fits in with the investigator notes on HCR. Were there any reports of JB having extra money? More money than she should have had?
Now I know this is quite a stretch but there as been no motive put forward. I don't think sexual assault is a good motive. So if we take some of the investigator's notes as truth or some version of it, the scenario of picking up a package or dropping one off could fit. A lot of what we have heard or read would fit this scenario. Doesn't mean it is true but maybe. JB was mischievous by her mother's accts, so she may have gotten mixed into something. Could she have been dropping off a package for Bookie? All the wild and crazy reports about large drug shipments coming out of Ozark, the killings being executions, possible police involvement, etc..
What you have is an admitted drug dealer giving the girls directions to a destination before they are murdered. Doesn't mean he did it, but it could mean he is fully aware of who did. Maybe they did have tapes of something and maybe JB was the only one that knew all the players. Now that would be motive.

BBM Yes, he did attack (verbally) Jacqui after the HCR report was published. However, his badmouthing of Jacqui started before then. He attempted to set up a one-on-one meeting with her in a remote location and told her the meeting would last for an extended period of time. She balked and told him she wanted to bring someone along for safety purposes. He blew a gasket and hasn't let up on her ever since. Personally, I think he is just after the reward money. He has alluded to it several times. .

We have all speculated for the most part that if something hinky was going on it was through JB's connections. Yet it was Tracie's home that was supposedly broken into:
Wykle Williams alluded to it being more of a connection to Tracie as well which brought me back to this video:
( is this just a crazy old man or is he on to something?)

https://youtu.be/oU7U__IP910

We have all speculated for the most part that if something hinky was going on it was through JB's connections. Yet it was Tracie's home that was supposedly broken into:
Wykle Williams alluded to it being more of a connection to Tracie as well which brought me back to this video:
( is this just a crazy old man or is he on to something?)

https://youtu.be/oU7U__IP910

I watched the video several times. He seems believable and the break-in at Tracie's house tends to support this theory. He also mentions a phone call that Tracie was a partner to setting the "whole thing in motion." But we have stop and wonder how to 17 year-old girls could come into possession of such a tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb