AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, but I know JB's dad (Lanier Beasley) lived in Troy, AL so I'd guess they are probably unrelated.

I'm not sure, but I know JB's dad (Lanier Beasley) lived in Troy, AL so I'd guess they are probably unrelated.

Was curious seen it pop up today with the same last name and from the Ozark area. Not much details were given on the missing notification.

I have a theory that I have shared with a couple of others off the board. I have no idea whether or not this theory is anything close to what happened, but it ties together some of the topics we have been discussing as of late. I am totally open to criticism; I am just putting it out there as something to investigate/ discuss. First, here is a little background info on my theory:

1. On the Wiregrass boards, it was stated that V had a friend in law enforcement who worked as a narcotics officer in Dale County. He is now deceased.
2. This friend worked drug interdiction with one of the officers named in the HCR article. See link:
http://law.justia.com/cases/alabama/court-of-appeals-criminal/1993/cr-92-536-0.html
3. V once stated on Wiregrass.com about 5 moves he would make to solve the case. (2nd page of JB and Tracie Murdered in Ozark thread). He mentions someone setting JB up with drugs.

Now here's my theory:

I have been thinking a lot about how this all ties together, and I have a theory about what might have happened. V and JB had been hanging out, and he was infatuated with her. She rejected him as a boyfriend and, for some reason, he decided he was going to plant drugs on her and have her arrested (Maybe so she would need his help?) He mentioned someone setting up the girls with drugs in his "5 moves post". He lures her to Ozark under the pretense of a birthday present. He calls his friend, the DSCO sheriff's deputy and narcotics agent, and tells him that two girls have drugs and where they will be. Maybe his friend and an Ozark cop (who obviously worked narcotics together) stopped the girls, but they girls, and especially JB, were uncooperative because she knew the drugs were not hers. At some point, it went bad and JB was shot. Tracie was shot, too, because she was a witness. Now the killers have two pretty dead white girls on their hands, and they know there is absolutely no possible way to justify what just happened. So they are able to derail or confuse the investigation, thus preventing the murder being solved. Now, the narcotics officers call 2 informants to ditch the car close to one of their sister's houses.

Does this sound plausible at all? Why or why not?

I have a theory that I have shared with a couple of others off the board. I have no idea whether or not this theory is anything close to what happened, but it ties together some of the topics we have been discussing as of late. I am totally open to criticism; I am just putting it out there as something to investigate/ discuss. First, here is a little background info on my theory:

1. On the Wiregrass boards, it was stated that V had a friend in law enforcement who worked as a narcotics officer in Dale County. He is now deceased.
2. This friend worked drug interdiction with one of the officers named in the HCR article. See link:
http://law.justia.com/cases/alabama/court-of-appeals-criminal/1993/cr-92-536-0.html
3. V once stated on Wiregrass.com about 5 moves he would make to solve the case. (2nd page of JB and Tracie Murdered in Ozark thread). He mentions someone setting JB up with drugs.

Now here's my theory:

I have been thinking a lot about how this all ties together, and I have a theory about what might have happened. V and JB had been hanging out, and he was infatuated with her. She rejected him as a boyfriend and, for some reason, he decided he was going to plant drugs on her and have her arrested (Maybe so she would need his help?) He mentioned someone setting up the girls with drugs in his "5 moves post". He lures her to Ozark under the pretense of a birthday present. He calls his friend, the DSCO sheriff's deputy and narcotics agent, and tells him that two girls have drugs and where they will be. Maybe his friend and an Ozark cop (who obviously worked narcotics together) stopped the girls, but they girls, and especially JB, were uncooperative because she knew the drugs were not hers. At some point, it went bad and JB was shot. Tracie was shot, too, because she was a witness. Now the killers have two pretty dead white girls on their hands, and they know there is absolutely no possible way to justify what just happened. So they are able to derail or confuse the investigation, thus preventing the murder being solved. Now, the narcotics officers call 2 informants to ditch the car close to one of their sister's houses.

This is a good theory. Any theory that explains what might have happened after they left the gas station has some plausibility. The only part I disagree with is where you wrote that they would have had two pretty dead white girls. I think what the killer had was one dead girl and one seriously/critically injured girl. If J.B. Beasley was found in a sleeping position like what has been described, then I think her brain told her to go to sleep.

Dead people do not bleed. That is what the medical examiner I emailed wrote me. I think J.B. Beasley probably bled out as part of her death. I think the killer very quickly shot them and assumed they were both dead. Now would opening the trunk at 8 am instead of 2 pm have saved her life? Probably not because of when the car was first spotted on the side of Herring. I think a wound like J.B. Beasley had would probably require some rather immediate medical attention.

So I think the killer shot them, then sat there for a while as J.B. bled out deciding what to do with their car. Then he moved the car to the spot on Herring. This would explain J.B.'s sister saying the blood had moved from side to side in the trunk. Then he left the car and walked away.

What is a bit odd is that if the killer drove any sort of distance he did not hear J.B. Beasley moving around in the trunk. So either she was already dead or maybe he had the window down and the rush of wind preventing him from hearing small sounds.

As for why these murders happened that is the hardest question to answer. If the murders were a PLAN or they were targeted then I think the killer or killers probably have no remorse for what happened. But when I look at this case I see two people who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person. It does not mean this person has remorse either, just that whoever it was did not really think things through. That is my opinion.

I recently read that a documentary film was being produced about the girls' murders. "Shined Rabbit" is the name of the documentary. Interesting!

I recently read that a documentary film was being produced about the girls' murders. "Shined Rabbit" is the name of the documentary. Interesting!

Where did you read this?

It is also mentioned on imdb at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5969564/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 There is just like all of their movies/tv shows/documentaries a forum section about the said title. Some ppl might comment on the case there in that forum section and I'd say it could be a good thing to look at it from time to time because we might have some interesting theories from ppl posting there who doesn't know about websleuth (and we could invite them to this forum).

Now here's my theory:

Dale County Cheif Deputy Walter Ford has a son named Christopher Allen Ford that was a law enforcement officer. Christopher Allen Ford worked for Ozark PD but I have not determined the years yet. The earliest I have seen was 2002 that he was affiliated with Ozark PD and Midland City. Meet Mr. Christopher Ford
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...NrAPLdutM098GBeZQ&sig2=OX33c0bZGfzgbamoAHvMNw
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...oKsZWOMwt8a6EXHSg&sig2=pUNwQYrtiqGrfewqMNNitA

Wholly Molley ..... These girls are not forgotten :loveyou::happydance::loveyou::happydance: .....

It is also mentioned on imdb at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5969564/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 There is just like all of their movies/tv shows/documentaries a forum section about the said title. Some ppl might comment on the case there in that forum section and I'd say it could be a good thing to look at it from time to time because we might have some interesting theories from ppl posting there who doesn't know about websleuth (and we could invite them to this forum).

Will be interesting reads over there watch out for our dear old friend Mr V to appear

Will be interesting reads over there watch out for our dear old friend Mr V to appear

Wasnt thinking about him but you're totally right! I just hope this documentary sticks to the truth and wont add anything for drama purposes like the ones shown on tv.

Should we invite the film-maker(s) in here?

Do we even know the project is a go? It appears the site is at least 6 months old and gave a date for 2016.

It does say:

Yup, I see that now, an hour long program. Maybe we'll see it one day on one of the myriad of shows on Investigation Discovery.

What do you make of that title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member