Identified! AL - Jefferson Co, BlkMale, 70-79, in Vacant House, Apr'18 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
ME/C Case Number: 2018-1264
Jefferson County, Alabama
70 to 79 year old Black/African American Male

Circumstances
Partial skeletal/decomposing remains were found by a work crew tasked with cleaning out what was believed to be a vacant private residence.

Estimated age
Adult - Pre 80
Minimum age70 years
Maximum age79 years
RaceBlack/African American
Ethnicity
SexMale
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 66, Estimated
[h=3]Location Found[/h]
GPS coordinates
Address 11517 18th Way South West
Address 2
CityBirmingham
StateAlabama
Zip code35211
CountyJefferson

Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later

DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17752

Skeletal remains found in southwest Birmingham house

Under "View Comments" for this article, someone commented "RIH, Grady", which leads me to believe someone knew this man! I search for Grady in AL and came up with a match that seems likely. Can someone help me with how to go about submitting this?

Grady Garfield Miles
Missing Person Case
I tried going to the comments section on the article you linked, but it tells me there are no comments. Is the comment you mentioned still there or was it removed?

Grady Miles is listed as 6'0" whereas the UID's height is estimated at 5'6". Other than that, it seems like a good possibility.

Are there any exclusions for this UID on NamUs?

Perhaps they are waiting on DNA to come back to ID him as Grady? It can take over a year sometimes. And with skeletal remains sometimes it is hard to get a good DNA sample and takes more than one attempt.

JMO.

I tried going to the comments section on the article you linked, but it tells me there are no comments. Is the comment you mentioned still there or was it removed?

Weird, I went back to the article and the comments are gone now! It was there when I posted this originally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back